David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad you said this. In the case of Bakhtiari working out NOW, I got pretty jazzed. He's a big part of that OL, the best T in the NFL IMO, and so news about him is BIG.

I don't think the person who posted the old video meant any harm. I think it was a mistake. But we all should be careful when we're citing facts. There are no "alternative facts" - something is true or it isn't.

So I'll take the advice to heart and be careful. Most of the comments here are opinion so it doesn't matter.

FWIW, Cap does about the best job here with the info (facts) he posts. He has good sources and I've never found any fact he posted to be in dispute. That doesn't mean I always agree with his opinion, how he interprets those facts, but that's why we're here, to exchange ideas and opinions.

Anyway thanks Voyageur for an important reminder.
I'm sorry if anyone thought I was referring to anything they said, or posted. I was more venting about the false information that keeps getting thrown out from what should be somewhat reputable sources out there on the internet. Taking half truths, and turning them into stories that are about as true as Minions actually existing.

I have a personal belief. It's kind of my mantra.

"There is truth, and there is perceived truth, but no matter what, there is truth, nothing else. Everything else would be a lie, or conjecture at best."

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry if anyone thought I was referring to anything they said, or posted. I was more venting about the false information that keeps getting thrown out from what should be somewhat reputable sources out there on the internet. Taking half truths, and turning them into stories that are about as true as Minions actually existing.

I have a personal belief. It's kind of my mantra.

"There is truth, and there is perceived truth, but no matter what, there is truth, nothing else. Everything else would be a lie, or conjecture at best."
I don't think anyone took offense. Just a good reminder that there are opinions and there are facts. Facts need to be true. It's kinda simple. The danger in using an incorrect or untrue fact is that it builds on itself and creates an avalanche.

Reaction score
OK Oldschool, I certainly believe what you say. I'm glad to hear all of those guys are doing something (and those step drills are not easy, especially for guys that big). I'm hoping Bakh is ready to go on opening day. As for Tonyan and Jenkins, week 8 would be great. I'm guessing Tonyan may be ready a little earlier.
I’m not sure there’s any evidence other than my own experienced. Yet in general, the bigger the man, the longer the healing seems to take in a lower body injury.

Reaction score
FWIW, Cap does about the best job here with the info (facts) he posts. He has good sources and I've never found any fact he posted to be in dispute. That doesn't mean I always agree with his opinion, how he interprets those facts, but that's why we're here, to exchange ideas and opinions.
Overall I agree, but I’ve found even him to make mistakes. However the more posts we make, the greater the chance of error also. So there’s that.
A great man once said “of those who have been given much? Much is expected”.

It’s as important to challenge an abundance of individual comments in here if they are being machine gunned out. Especially in cases where they are individual responses to dozens of posts (and posters) all at once and very little facts but more narrative opinionated. @captainWIMM (so I’m not talking behind his back out of respect) is the only one who does that on a regular basis and while I value him as a member (and I actually do that might surprise folks! ;))…. It’s only fair to challenge and debate and Keep the machine gun honest.. I find often we get blanks and were wasting ammo.

I value each of you, but I’m still going to fact check and hold opinion to standard, just like Captain does with us.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overall I agree, but I’ve found even him to make mistakes. However the more posts we make, the greater the chance of error also. So there’s that.
A great man once said “of those who have been given much? Much is expected”.

It’s as important to challenge an abundance of individual comments in here if they are being machine gunned out. Especially in cases where they are individual responses to dozens of posts (and posters) all at once and very little facts but more narrative opinionated. @captainWIMM (so I’m not talking behind his back out of respect) is the only one who does that on a regular basis and while I value him as a member (and I actually do that might surprise folks! ;))…. It’s only fair to challenge and debate and Keep the machine gun honest.. I find often we get blanks and were wasting ammo.

I value each of you, but I’m still going to fact check and hold opinion to standard, just like Captain does with us.
That's fair. And none of us are infallible. We all make mistakes. The truth (facts) can be abused. Most of us have a hard time admitting we might be wrong. Just human nature.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure there’s any evidence other than my own experienced. Yet in general, the bigger the man, the longer the healing seems to take in a lower body injury.
Yeah that makes sense. And if his meniscus has deteriorated 10 to 15% - and that's what Bakh said - that knee joint is not going to be as strong as it was.

These guys weigh north of 300 lbs. That's a lot of pressure on the knee, and other joints.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate it when something is posted on the internet referring to a situation today, then they show a clip from something a year or two earlier. It's misleading, and actually dishonest, because it's trying to push what could be a false narrative.

We're all susceptible to seeing it, and getting the wrong impression. We don't even realize we've been duped, simply because we thought that at least some source out here had to be telling the truth.
Was a mistake on my part

i normally verify this stuff

I apologize

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a mistake on my part

I apologize
You owe nobody an apology. You posted what you saw. Most of us wold have done the same thing. What's frustrating is how so many of these so-called "sources" are slowly turning into less than accurate information.

I've fell for more than my share of them, so I'd be the last person to throw stones.

Keep up the good work! I for one appreciate the job you're doing. Thanks for taking the time.

Reaction score
We’re creeping closer and closer to Camp. I think we will all have a good bead on his status after a couple weeks of Camp. If they were just being cautious with him, we’ll see him July-Aug padded up.

Bak’s presence will send a confidence ripple through that OL and beyond. I often wonder though if the reps that our OL depth players get in the starting lineup aren’t invaluable. If they get tossed into duty on short notice I would think just practicing with the 1’s is going to help.

Like Newman. He probably shouldn’t have started that early, but I’m glad he did, he’s now got some live game seasoning if he wins a starting role.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re creeping closer and closer to Camp. I think we will all have a good bead on his status after a couple weeks of Camp. If they were just being cautious with him, we’ll see him July-Aug padded up.

Bak’s presence will send a confidence ripple through that OL and beyond. I often wonder though if the reps that our OL depth players get in the starting lineup aren’t invaluable. If they get tossed into duty on short notice I would think just practicing with the 1’s is going to help.

Like Newman. He probably shouldn’t have started that early, but I’m glad he did, he’s now got some live game seasoning if he wins a starting role.

The one sign of a good Bakh is no Dennis Kelly type signing has occurred. Something which you would think we for sure would do given our salary cap space and that would present a need for sure.

Reaction score
The one sign of a good Bakh is no Dennis Kelly type signing has occurred. Something which you would think we for sure would do given our salary cap space and that would present a need for sure.
That’s how I look at things also. Good point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a mistake on my part

I apologize
I wouldn't think you'd intentionally try and mislead anyone, you shoot pretty straight, which is probably why I didn't even question when it was made when I saw you post it and just figured it was from recent OTA's

Reaction score
I wouldn't think you'd intentionally try and mislead anyone, you shoot pretty straight, which is probably why I didn't even question when it was made when I saw you post it and just figured it was from recent OTA's
I agree. He’s got a reputation as a straight shooter. No apology or response needed

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good point. The Packers have plenty of cap, but other than the draft, haven't moved on the OL. And Bakh is a well-seasoned vet. He doesn't need a ton of practice. So hopefully this is all an abundance of caution, as they say........

Reaction score
Very good point. The Packers have plenty of cap, but other than the draft, haven't moved on the OL. And Bakh is a well-seasoned vet. He doesn't need a ton of practice. So hopefully this is all an abundance of caution, as they say........
Yes. Sometimes it’s what we don’t do that speaks louder than what we could’ve done. “Confucius say”

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ty

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You owe nobody an apology. You posted what you saw. Most of us wold have done the same thing. What's frustrating is how so many of these so-called "sources" are slowly turning into less than accurate information.

I've fell for more than my share of them, so I'd be the last person to throw stones.

Keep up the good work! I for one appreciate the job you're doing. Thanks for taking the time.
Ty

Members online

Latest posts