David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Reaction score
No, I tried cautioning people last year when some were saying he was going to be ready to start the year he was “healing” so fast.

You can’t beat physiology. I expect he’ll be ready to go this year I said last year it’s 12 months +- 2 months and for the big guys it’s usually +2. People should remember that when talking about Jenkins.
That’s kinda where I’m at. Obviously the bigger guys need time. That’s a lot of weight thrown on those joints.

My guess? 18 months he’s fully good to go. We’re at like a month away. They may slowly ramp him up though.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen, personally I am not planning on Jenkins having a realistic shot till end of the season for consideration of playing. Yes, folks I know that is longer than a year - he could beat my timeline but I personally don't see earlier than week 12 him in the line up at all.
Getting Jenkins back after the Bye (for the 12/19 game against Rams) would give him a solid 13 months recovery, give him 4 games to shake-off the rust and be ready for the Super Bowl run. ;) Keep in mind he's a UFA in '23 so a good showing late-season & playoffs will only help his bargaining position.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Jenkins back after the Bye (for the 12/19 game against Rams) would give him a solid 13 months recovery, give him 4 games to shake-off the rust and be ready for the Super Bowl run. ;) Keep in mind he's a UFA in '23 so a good showing late-season & playoffs will only help his bargaining position.
I think both of you guys are spot on. GB hasn't had a lot of experience with pro bowl and/or all pro linemen recovering from ACL tears. I mean all of our knees are pretty much the same. The bones, ligaments, and cartilage can't be strengthened by training, but the muscles around them can. The load we put on those needs changes with the weight of the individual. I guess it seems obvious but some of us, including me, forget.

Does anyone remember how long it took Jordy to recover? He tore his ACL in the pre-season, so he likely missed that entire season and would have been close to a return around the start of TC. But I don't remember the timing. I seem to recall he recovered from it well.

Reaction score
Does anyone remember how long it took Jordy to recover? He tore his ACL in the pre-season, so he likely missed that entire season and would have been close to a return around the start of TC. But I don't remember the timing. I seem to recall he recovered from it well.
Yes. Comeback player of the year. It was 10 days shy of 13 months
Yet a different scenario also because he (Jordy( was lost in Preseason 8-23-15. In effect, he had until 9-11-16 regular season, before he was suited with live competition to start a season. He didn’t play that 2016 preseason either if you take notice.

Bakhtiari tore his in practice leading up to the Jan 24th, 2022 contest. So he barely had 12 months and what 8 days until last January 30, 2022. I’m not sure the day of surgery though.

David actually had roughly 2 weeks LESS time than Jordy. One would make a natural conclusion that a bigger man would need a little more time if anything.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Comeback player of the year. It was 10 days shy of 13 months
Yet a different scenario also because he (Jordy( was lost in Preseason 8-23-15. In effect, he had until 9-11-16 regular season, before he was suited with live competition to start a season. He didn’t play that 2016 preseason either if you take notice.

Bakhtiari tore his in practice leading up to the Jan 24th, 2022 contest. So he barely had 12 months and 6 days until last January 30, 2022.

David actually had roughly 2 weeks LESS time than Jordy. One would make a natural conclusion that a bigger man would need a little more time if anything.
Thanks OldSchool. Now I remember the Comeback Player award too. Timelines are tricky, but you'd think a guy who weighs 300 plus pounds is gonna have to be more careful and take more time. I had my knee replaced two months ago and all seems fine. But the Drs. say expect a year before you're 100%. ACL repair and TKR are similar. Eight inch incision and a lot of work inside the knee. Recovery just takes time. Can't be rushed.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Did I miss some news? Seems like a lot of people are worried about Bahk, his knee and him being really rusty? In his limited duty against the Lions during the final game of the year, the 2 articles I read said that he looked great and wasn't rusty at all, after missing the rest of the season. So not sure why people are fearing that he wouldn't be his old self, as long as he is healthy. Again, unless he had a setback that I am not aware of, the last news I heard, was in February and it sounded like there were no concerns on him for the 2022 season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did I miss some news? Seems like a lot of people are worried about Bahk, his knee and him being really rusty? In his limited duty against the Lions during the final game of the year, the 2 articles I read said that he looked great and wasn't rusty at all, after missing the rest of the season. So not sure why people are fearing that he wouldn't be his old self, as long as he is healthy. Again, unless he had a setback that I am not aware of, the last news I heard, was in February and it sounded like there were no concerns on him for the 2022 season.
I hope that's correct Poker and that there's been an over-reaction. Personally, I'm not concerned about him being rusty. He jumped right in against Detroit.

I'm a little more concerned with his recovery. He had the knee drained last fall, not a good sign. He also had a small tear of his meniscus and had it scoped. Assuming all that went well, he's had plenty of time to recover.

Padded practice will tell the story. If he's a full participant, he'll be fine.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was honestly encouraged by what (20 snaps?) we did see against the Lions. Even at 70% and either still hurting, not up to conditioning, or perhaps both, he still looked the part.

Jenkins et al did excellent work in Bhak's absence, but it was obvious they are not elite left tackles.
He did, I even commented back then for all the kudos we'd been giving our Oline, it was apparent just how much they were missing with BakhT because when he stepped back in it looked so much easier for him than the other guys that had out there.
I'm not concerned he's not good. i'm not even concerned he's wasn't healed in time for the playoffs. I didn't really expect it. But he wasn't "back" for an entire year and it's not a foregone conclusion that he's not going to continue to have issues. Some people do.

Reaction score
You’re way too optimistic my friend. show me PROOF!
I Want his medical records :coffee:

Also a second opinion. Do you have any friends you could phone a friend?

D

Deleted member 6794

For a much simpler timeline, the ACL was torn (based reports, anyway) on Dec 31, 2020. First (and sadly only) snaps he played for the 2021 season: January 9th, 2022. So he was able to do a trial run 1 year, 9 days after injury and wasn't quite ready at 1 year, 22 days.

We have been spoiled by modern recovery times and even some early reports of his recovery. But he's a large man. Is anyone really surprised it took him a full year to see the field?

There were a lot of people reporting that Bakhtiari was recovering way ahead of schedule, expecting him to play in week 1. Therefore I advocate for fans to be more cautious when hearing reports about other players doing great in rehab moving forward.

Bakhtiari tore his in practice leading up to the Jan 24th, 2022 contest. So he barely had 12 months and what 8 days until last January 30, 2022. I’m not sure the day of surgery though.

For the record, Bakhtiari tore his ACL on December 31st, 2020 and had surgery on January 7th, 2021.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a lot of people reporting that Bakhtiari was recovering way ahead of schedule, expecting him to play in week 1. Therefore I advocate for fans to be more cautious when hearing reports about other players doing great in rehab moving forward.

For the record, Bakhtiari tore his ACL on December 31st, 2020 and had surgery on January 7th, 2021.
It's impossible to rely on what the organization reports about players. Most of the time they're gaslighting before their next game to try and head fake an opponent. And in the off season they say next to nothing. I believe what I see when the game starts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's no joke man. We're all going broke paying for gas.
Gas isn't the only thing that has become super expensive for Americans and everyone else in the World. Tough times all over, hunker down and do your best, you could be living in Ukraine.

Back to topic...Bahk probably has a ton of gas from all that beer chugging!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's impossible to rely on what the organization reports about players. Most of the time they're gaslighting before their next game to try and head fake an opponent. And in the off season they say next to nothing. I believe what I see when the game starts.
What the coaches, GM, players, etc. say hasn't changed all that much in the last 30 years. They seem to want to keep real information as close to the vest as possible. Competitive advantage, as well as just good company policy. What has changed is social media and the way things are reported out of context, incorrectly, etc. Also, fantasy football and gambling in general has played a huge roll in Sports. All these required injury reports and fines for them not being accurate, that isn't for the benefit of the teams in the sports, it is for the benefit of those who invest time and money into the outcome of Sports.

Fans are no longer content with the 1 a day article they used to get via their daily paper. They want it ALL....factual or not.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the coaches, GM, players, etc. say hasn't changed all that much in the last 30 years. They seem to want to keep real information as close to the vest as possible. Competitive advantage, as well as just good company policy. What has changed is social media and the way things are reported out of context, incorrectly, etc. Also, fantasy football and gambling in general has played a huge roll in Sports. All these required injury reports and fines for them not being accurate, that isn't for the benefit of the teams in the sports, it is for the benefit of those who invest time and money into the outcome of Sports.

Fans are no longer content with the 1 a day article they used to get via their daily paper. They want it ALL....factual or not.
That's a good point about all the online betting and fantasy teams for $$$. And really, personnel info should be held close. I'm sure the league has some rules for reporting a player's status, and those categories really say nothing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's a good point about all the online betting and fantasy teams for $$$. And really, personnel info should be held close. I'm sure the league has some rules for reporting a player's status, and those categories really say nothing.
Yup and most of the personal stuff we hear/read is just hear say and stuff kicked up by fans and media. Clicks make people money, as well as make good water cooler conversation.

Reaction score
Gas isn't the only thing that has become super expensive for Americans and everyone else in the World. Tough times all over, hunker down and do your best, you could be living in Ukraine.

Back to topic...Bahk probably has a ton of gas from all that beer chugging!
Why can’t a good combustion motor keep a job?

They keep getting fired!

I think we see David operating at full tilt capacity very soon. I was impressed how he moved in limited capacity last playoffs. He’s such a high level guy that at 90% he’s still better than his opponents

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I recommend to not believe everything that is published in the media. It makes a lot of sense to wait and see what actually happens once the team hits the field.

I think we see David operating at full tilt capacity very soon. I was impressed how he moved in limited capacity last playoffs. He’s such a high level guy that at 90% he’s still better than his opponents

For the record, Bakhtiari didn't play in the playoff game vs. the Niners because of another setback.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The article that prompted the latest discussion gives me no added optimism at all. They had him being injured in a game when it was actually in practice and their take on this season OL did not mention Jenkins injury at all. Poorly researched and pretty much useless information. What does give me optimism is that the injury occurred basically 17 months ago. As for Tonyan, the fact that he is a bit smaller and had a clean tear is reason for optimism, but week 1? I have to see that to believe it. Then in the Jenkins case IMO PUP is pretty much guaranteed and any predictions or guesses after that are just that.

Members online

Latest posts