David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Reaction score
It's probably the wisest choice. It was arthroscopic clean up. Could have been to remove debris left after the major surgery, that was causing the swelling. Still, there's no way they should risk having him out there before he's totally healed.
From what I’m reading, 6+- weeks is a generality before normal activity. Obviously much depends on the severity of the issue. Best case I could see him on the practice field by close of December. I’m hoping he’s ok and this is more a precautionary motion.
David’s age is factor as he’s relatively young and he likely has a PT assigned to him. If he’s committed without any setbacks I see 4-5 weeks area (to at least practice).
I’m in agreement that I’d do our best to have him out there in the playoffs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari's return would be a GREAT Christmas or NY present to the offense. IMHO we're OK without him until then, so let him heal, strengthen & be confident for the playoffs.
What is that old Dusty Springfield song? " Wishin' and Hopin' and Dreamin'.....You will be his! "

D

Deleted member 6794

IMHO we're OK without him until then, so let him heal, strengthen & be confident for the playoffs.

While the Packers offense might be able to get by for another game without Bakhtiari they will need to get him and/or Myers back after the bye week for the unit to be successful down the road.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question for me is if and when we get Bak, Z and Jaire back how effective will they be and how long will they last?

D

Deleted member 6794

The question for me is if and when we get Bak, Z and Jaire back how effective will they be and how long will they last?

I expect all of them to be rusty at first but as long as they're healthy believe they will have a positive impact pretty fast.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is Bakh is not going to see the field this year. It seems that he has swelling in his knee, not a good sign for a speedy recovery. The NFL needs to outlaw the rubber fields. Ive been thinking - is it good to be bringing back the injured players for "the stretch run" when it is likely that said players will be rusty, and may be a slight liability from not seeing the field.

Reaction score
Can we change the title to this thread please. It’s been long enough now.

It’s like a teaser every week and it’s not really accurate this season.
He is not back. Let’s use that when we’ve gotten a true thumbs up.

Might as well make a thread that says

“J’aire, Bak and Z are all back!”

D

Deleted member 6794

Can we change the title to this thread please. It’s been long enough now.

It’s like a teaser every week and it’s not really accurate this season.
He is not back. Let’s use that when we’ve gotten a true thumbs up.

Might as well make a thread that says

“J’aire, Bak and Z are all back!”

Bakhtiari is on the active roster while Alexander and Z remain on injured reserve though. Unfortunately MLF already announced that he won't play vs. the Rams on Sunday.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari is on the active roster while Alexander and Z remain on injured reserve though. Unfortunately MLF already announced that he won't play vs. the Rams on Sunday.
Just my opinion, but a smart move. The more he can heal, and condition, the better off he'll be, and the team. He may be the key to a move in the playoffs.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given that Bakhtiari had a setback and another surgery, don't expect him back this season. His knee may continue to give him problems as it has the past 3 weeks. I hope the additional surgery helped, but his recovery from the ACL injury certainly hasn't gone smoothly. Nijman will need to handle the LT position in his absence.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just my opinion, but a smart move. The more he can heal, and condition, the better off he'll be, and the team. He may be the key to a move in the playoffs.

Bakhtiari haven't suffered a setback is the only reason he hasn't played so far this season. That's not something I feel good about.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s time to Roll!
Now Let’s get Elgton Healthy and get the band back together.
Getting Bakhtiari back is just huge. It seems like he tore his meniscus during his comeback from ACL surgery. Weird but not an uncommon injury for a football player. If he still has 85% of his meniscus he'll be fine.

I'm a little confused about something, although it's not a big deal. I thought he tore his ACL working out on his own. The article says he tore it in the last game against the Bears. Again, it doesn't matter, I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed that.

I saw him at the Bucks/Celts game 6 doing his beer chugs. He was in fine form!

Reaction score
Getting Bakhtiari back is just huge. It seems like he tore his meniscus during his comeback from ACL surgery. Weird but not an uncommon injury for a football player. If he still has 85% of his meniscus he'll be fine.

I'm a little confused about something, although it's not a big deal. I thought he tore his ACL working out on his own. The article says he tore it in the last game against the Bears. Again, it doesn't matter, I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed that.

I saw him at the Bucks/Celts game 6 doing his beer chugs. He was in fine form!
Nope you are right.

I remember blowing his ACL in practice. Remember thinking that’s so odd, he’s good getting assaulted fir hundreds of snaps of live competition, then injured it in preparation.

Good catch.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It’s time to Roll!
Now Let’s get Elgton Healthy and get the band back together.
Add Bobby Tonyan to the "It's Time To Roll" crew. All signs are looking like he will be ready week 1. I would not be surprised to see him cleared to practice at some point in camp. Bobby had a clean tear and that means less than a year recovery. He is progressing nicely and nearly 8 months in now.

As for the OL:

My probable starting five is as follows. Some will disagree with this five, but the coaches will play the best 5 and after camp this will prove to be the top 5. The rest are valuable depth. This is assuming Elgton is a go week 1.

LT- Bakh

LG-Elgton

C- Myers

RG- Runyan

RT- Yosh

Had that 5 started the playoff game vs. San Fran the Pack wins by 20. The way the Niners tossed around Dennis Kelly and Billy Turner is the main reason those two clowns are no longer on the roster.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until Bahktiari plays in a game without the knee acting up, nobody knows yet if he's back. For someone who had fluid taken from his knee after practice last year, its too early to make any assertions regarding his availability.

Latest posts