David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the game plan from the get go imo. And was a good one. Now sure, if we ran effectively; LaFleur would have run more but I'm talking about the overall plan.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
i doubt that was the plan going in. but it definitely became the plan. out of necessity.
Washington has a good defensive front with a ton of talent, but their secondary is awful. I think it would be a little naïve to think it wasn't the game plan going in. Though the running game wasn't very good, LaFleur is one who usually sticks to it to make the passing game more effective. I think yesterday, the Packers knew they were going to throw it a bunch.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And imo, they ran so well because Barry did not play Barnes much. He wants to play chess and should be playing more checkers imho. We look good with the Campbell and Barnes in at the same time.
I didn't notice that, thanks. Doesn't make much sense, unless you think a team just can't run on your guys. But Washington proved otherwise.

Reaction score
It appeared that David was ready week 1, but I’m glad we proceeded with caution. That additional 8-9 weeks is huge in recovery time. The fact we went 6-1 in the meantime? just made that prudent move look even better.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the game plan from the get go imo. And was a good one. Now sure, if we ran effectively; LaFleur would have run more but I'm talking about the overall plan.
well according to Lefleur in his post game presser… this is incorrect.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well according to Lefleur in his post game presser… this is incorrect.
Have you noticed, he doesn't always tell the truth. Especially with his strategies. Yes, sometimes he does. But I don't think he likes to go into detail about those things. Maybe after the Super Bowl.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you noticed, he doesn't always tell the truth. Especially with his strategies. Yes, sometimes he does. But I don't think he likes to go into detail about those things. Maybe after the Super Bowl.
lol… i’ve noticed that he is much more forthcoming than most coaches… and frankly, while he obviously is going to keep some things to himself. I actually watched the press conference instead of assuming my preconceived notions are correct. In the past Lefleur has actually been fairly open about his game plan AFTER the game is over. I have no reason to disbelieve him in this case… simply because it does not agree with your assumption.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol… i’ve noticed that he is much more forthcoming than most coaches… and frankly, while he obviously is going to keep some things to himself. I actually watched the press conference instead of assuming my preconceived notions are correct. In the past Lefleur has actually been fairly open about his game plan AFTER the game is over. I have no reason to disbelieve him in this case… simply because it does not agree with your assumption.
So what was his game plan? I watched the GB presser and I guess I did not get that much out of it.

D

Deleted member 6794

We will see several opponents coming up who are tough on the run: Baltimore and LA. David will certainly help.

The Ravens rank 13th in yards per rushing attempt allowed with the Rams being only 24th. The Packers have already faced four teams ranking above them this season in the Saints, Bengals, WFT and the Lions.

I just don't think Patrick is very good at center. Not saying it is all his fault but a better center will help out those younger guys imho. Hence...Jenkins at center and back to Nijman if Bak can't go. I would rather see Jenkins at center until Myers comes back.

Patrick is definitely a drop-off from Linsley and Myers but he's not the main reason for the line struggling at times. In my opinion the Packers benefit from having a combo of Jenkins at left tackle with Patrick at center compared to Nijman protecting Rodgers' blindside and Jenkins lining up at center.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick is definitely a drop-off from Linsley and Myers but he's not the main reason for the line struggling at times. In my opinion the Packers benefit from having a combo of Jenkins at left tackle with Patrick at center compared to Nijman protecting Rodgers' blindside and Jenkins lining up at center.
I agree that Jenkins is our best option at LT with Bahktiari out. The question really comes down to whom plays better - Runyon at LG or Nijman at LT.

Patrick and Runyon definitely were responsible for some of the bad plays against Washington, such as that stunt that the broadcasters replayed on a Rodgers sack. Billy Turner also got worked on that first sack of the game. I've never seen an offensive lineman do his own spin move - and I believe will be shown in the film room as an example of what not to do.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that Jenkins is our best option at LT with Bahktiari out. The question really comes down to whom plays better - Runyon at LG or Nijman at LT.

In my opinion it's more important to have a better player at left tackle. It's easier to get by with playing a backup at left guard.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was all but guaranteed. Now it will be interesting to see if he plays on Sunday.
I'd be OK if he sat another few weeks IF it means he's in prime-shape for mid-January. I think the current OL can get us through Seattle & Minnesota in decent shape, but if Bakhtiari is ready & willing to knock off the rust ~ WELCOME BACK!!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'd be OK if he sat another few weeks IF it means he's in prime-shape for mid-January. I think the current OL can get us through Seattle & Minnesota in decent shape, but if Bakhtiari is ready & willing to knock off the rust ~ WELCOME BACK!!
If he's ready to go I say you have to get him out there. Shuffling the line around to where everyone should be will only help the offense as a whole. Let's go Bakh!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting and not surprising. When he tore it last year, I think that most of us knew there was only a small chance that he would play in 2021 due to the timing of when he tore it last year. I know that I got excited when I heard the Packers.com guys (Mike Spofford and Wes ____?) say during training camp that he looked ready to go back then.

Reaction score
I’ve got mixed emotions here. This doesn’t sound like good news imo. I’m normally optimistic, but I now see another month best case.
Anyone remember the movie Airplane? The panic scene? :laugh:

In All seriousness I like Nijman, he’s been a pretty average+ LT in limited duty. I’m impressed with him being flung in so soon in several situations.
My VA Tech Hokie! (I have 3 relatives that graduated there, my niece was there barricaded at the massacre)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they'll put Bakh on the field until the playoffs. I think they choose to protect their investment in him. That's probably the smartest choice.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahktiari reinjured his knee and underwent additional surgery. I think to protect his career, he should be put on IR. Rushing him back now could jeopardize another big tear. The injury train keeps rolling!!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahktiari reinjured his knee and underwent additional surgery. I think to protect his career, he should be put on IR. Rushing him back now could jeopardize another big tear. The injury train keeps rolling!!
It's probably the wisest choice. It was arthroscopic clean up. Could have been to remove debris left after the major surgery, that was causing the swelling. Still, there's no way they should risk having him out there before he's totally healed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts