David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...I can hardly wait when we trade for and get Alexander and Z-Dog!

I think the players all have a mindset that they are a team, no matter who is out there playing. They know way before we do when certain players are going to be back. Now when guys like Jaylon Smith and Whitney Mercilus show up at practice, those are midseason acquisitions that might make some players happy and the people whos job they are taking away, not so happy.

Everybody gonna be stoked to get those guys back...point is the players dont care that bakh has been counting big money against the salary cap. They just care hes one of the best at his position and hes gonna provide a huge boost to their chances of winning a championship...

Reaction score
Thank You Mods for changing that thread title to positive! I love you guys. Wow that title looks so dang refreshing!
It’s like someone bringing you out free Lemon, Iced-Tea on a mid-summer day.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 92

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting Bakh back is huge...its basically like making a big acquisition mid season. The Oline gonna be much stronger.

Bakh pushes Jenkins back to left guard, Myers has been a home run at center, then you figure out who plays at right guard and right tackle out of Billy Turner, Jon Runyon, and Royce Newman

My guess is Newman and Turner stay put and Runyon becomes the top interior backup
I can't imagine even a question about Turner staying at R tackle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank You Mods for changing that thread title to positive! I love you guys. Wow that title looks so dang refreshing!
It’s like someone bringing you out free Lemon, Iced-Tea on a mid-summer day.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Newman is replaced by Runyon.
I'd be surprised if that happened. I think continuity is what they need. Keep that run blocking in good order. They looked really good last Sunday. The unit is coming along. Great job again by Stenavich. The coaching has been terrific imo.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Looks like Meyer will be out for awhile. I'm guessing Elgton takes over at center when Bahk is back....
You could be right, but I think Patrick has been doing a pretty good job at C. Thought I read that against the Bears, he had the highest grade of the OL. Might make more sense to keep him there and when Bahk returns, slide Jenkins back to his "normal" position of LG.

Side note....when Jenkins contract is up for renewal, that is going to be an interesting one to watch play out. Pay him like a T, G , C or all of the above?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Meyer will be out for awhile. I'm guessing Elgton takes over at center when Bahk is back....
Curly why do you think they put Jenkins at C rather than Patrick? Seems Patrick has been doing a good job. And I'm thinking with both Bakh and Jenkins back, you've got Rodgers blind side covered by two all pros with Bakh at LT and Jenkins at LG.

The good news is that there's enough depth on that OL. or will be, to mix and match and still have depth.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. If Runyan can do it I think that they will slide him over to the RG position. If he can't, don't be surprised if Jenkins goes to RG and Runyan is kept in his same spot with Bahktiari and Patrick providing cushion on either side.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. If Runyan can do it I think that they will slide him over to the RG position. If he can't, don't be surprised if Jenkins goes to RG and Runyan is kept in his same spot with Bahktiari and Patrick providing cushion on either side.
I have a feeling that Runyon is just good enough to start at RG. Thet would leave Bakh and Jenkins to cover Rodgers' blind side. Although we both know that Jenkins is versatile enough that they'll play him where they need him most on Sunday. With Bakh back (sorry for the pun) they have one of the best OLs in football, and that includes depth. Nice problem to have. Now if they could do just a little better on D, although after a rough start, they seem to be playing better.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. This is more about how they feel about Runyan's ability to play RG than anything else. Jenkins can play anywhere and quite frankly is pretty darn good where ever he lines up.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curly why do you think they put Jenkins at C rather than Patrick? Seems Patrick has been doing a good job. And I'm thinking with both Bakh and Jenkins back, you've got Rodgers blind side covered by two all pros with Bakh at LT and Jenkins at LG.

The good news is that there's enough depth on that OL. or will be, to mix and match and still have depth.

Jenkins is that rare offensive lineman that can play anywhere at a high level. Patrick is okay, but Jenkins is better, and he was a center in college.

It think the Packers like both Runyan and Newman at guard, and Patrick can back up all three positions.

The other option is to put EJ back at left guard and bench either Newman or Runyan. That's possible also, I'm just guessing the first scenario is more likely....We'll see what Green Bay thinks.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur has said that the Packers will play their best five people on the o line. Once Bakhtiari comes back, Jenkins can go back to his pro bowl position of LG. Runyan has graded out better than Newman who has struggled in the run game. Unless Runyan is a pure LG, he would likely move to RG and send Newman to the bench. I think at this point, Runyan has more experience, is a better run blocker than Newman giving him the edge. Patrick has played well enough at C that Jenkins can move to LG.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaFleur has said that the Packers will play their best five people on the o line. Once Bakhtiari comes back, Jenkins can go back to his pro bowl position of LG. Runyan has graded out better than Newman who has struggled in the run game. Unless Runyan is a pure LG, he would likely move to RG and send Newman to the bench. I think at this point, Runyan has more experience, is a better run blocker than Newman giving him the edge. Patrick has played well enough at C that Jenkins can move to LG.
Agree with all. They can also plug Newman in when they need somebody, giving him experience at multiple positions. I won't be surprised if Newman is outplaying Runyon by December.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins is that rare offensive lineman that can play anywhere at a high level. Patrick is okay, but Jenkins is better, and he was a center in college.

It think the Packers like both Runyan and Newman at guard, and Patrick can back up all three positions.

The other option is to put EJ back at left guard and bench either Newman or Runyan. That's possible also, I'm just guessing the first scenario is more likely....We'll see what Green Bay thinks.
They have a blessing of riches on the OL and that's been true for many years. A credit to drafting and coaching.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They have a blessing of riches on the OL and that's been true for many years. A credit to drafting and coaching.
Agreed. Not saying they shouldn't have, but makes me wonder how the Packers could have spent the money they are paying Bahk.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Not saying they shouldn't have, but makes me wonder how the Packers could have spent the money they are paying Bahk.
Yeah it's a never ending upward spiral. The TV rights become more and more valuable and the caps get bigger and bigger and these guys cash out. Can't blame them. Make hay while the sunshine. As he showed last December, these guys are one injury away from irrelevance. And the risks they take are real. Not for me, not for any amount of money.

Reaction score
I think Newman is replaced by Runyon.
Getting David back sends strength ripples across the OL. If we get both David and Josh back by Arizona? We would suddenly have nice setup down the stretch.
David-Elgton-Meyers-?- Turner.
? Being a 3-way battle between Runyon, Patrick or Newman depending on their performance through this mid-season stretch of games.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier this season I was thinking they should keep EJ at LT and let Bakh get into things at RT then switch back to LT after he was in game shape. The way Turner has been playing has negated that option IMO.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick is doing a great job at center, and he is versatile as well. You have a nice group here - one of the best groups in years barring injuries. Jenkins can play any position and is the gem of the group, Bakh pass blocking is second to none. Runyon is a true Guard, Newman is as well and developing. Myers has been a huge surprise and has bulk in the middle when healthy, and Turner's strength again is above avg pass blocking. This group reminds me of the group they had w Favre back in the mid 90s. Michels Taylor Timmerman Dotson bag o donuts Wilkerson type stuff. Very good depth.

Members online

Latest posts