David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't even know he charged for autographs. He may be reluctant to give them in public, but I have a hard time believing he sells them.
And does the money go in his pocket or does he he give it elsewhere? After being a part of the Packer Fan Fest years ago and seeing what absolute vultures the memorabilia people were, I’d be hesitant to ever sign an autograph ever if I happened to be good enough at football lol.

My guess is if you were a kid and saw him on the street the cost would be much different.

I'm quite sure Rodgers doesn't charge anything for an autograph but the poster truly believed it's him selling those helmets on Amazon.

The only time I have heard fans having to donate for Rodgers' autograph has been for the team's Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign. On that occasions Rodgers has actually matched the donations to increase the money given to the Salvation Army and has bought pizza for those waiting in line in the past.

I'm quite sure the media would be all over it if he truly asked for the kind of money suggested above to sign a helmet but there's nothing to find about it on the world wide web.

Hopefully this is just proceeding with caution and lowering everyone’s expectations. That is still my hope. There’s still lots of time before regular season starts and let’s face it, he’s pretty much plug n play, it’s not like he’s a Rookie in this system. This is all about giving that problem knee every last minute to recoup.

Bakhtiari's knee still needing additional time to rehab nearly 19 months after the injury happened is definitely concerning.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm quite sure Rodgers doesn't charge anything for an autograph but the poster truly believed it's him selling those helmets on Amazon.

The only time I have heard fans having to donate for Rodgers' autograph has been for the team's Salvation Army's Red Kettle campaign. On that occasions Rodgers has actually matched the donations to increase the money given to the Salvation Army and has bought pizza for those waiting in line in the past.

I'm quite sure the media would be all over it if he truly asked for the kind of money suggested above to sign a helmet but there's nothing to find about it on the world wide web.

Bakhtiari's knee still needing additional time to rehab nearly 19 months after the injury happened is definitely concerning.
You can believe me or not. Doesn’t really affect me either way. I’ve been collecting sports memorabilia for years and I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about in this matter more than you. Waukesha has a sports shop that deals with athletes. They do private signings.. Athlete asks for a certain amount to show up, and he signs your stuff. The media could care less about this. Why does everything in this world have to have the media involved? Who cares?

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Waukesha sports cards.com. Look it up

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK. It’s discouraging that this situation just seems to drag on and on and on. Add to that we just signed him to a massive contract recently.

Hopefully this is just proceeding with caution and lowering everyone’s expectations. That is still my hope. There’s still lots of time before regular season starts and let’s face it, he’s pretty much plug n play, it’s not like he’s a Rookie in this system. This is all about giving that problem knee every last minute to recoup.
Yeah the timing on the contract could not have been worse. I forget how much money was guaranteed, but it was a lot. At the time, I think it made him the highest paid OL.

Of greater concern is whether he can play at all, ever. ACL reconstruction is a big deal but a common procedure. The arthroscope to trim his meniscus is more common.

I don't know what to make of it and we won't get the truth from GB because that would be stupid on their part. The proof will be what is reported from TC. He should be way past any rehab by now. I still expect they'll go slow, but he should be a regular participant in team practice.

D

Deleted member 6794

You can believe me or not. Doesn’t really affect me either way. I’ve been collecting sports memorabilia for years and I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about in this matter more than you. Waukesha has a sports shop that deals with athletes. They do private signings.. Athlete asks for a certain amount to show up, and he signs your stuff. The media could care less about this. Why does everything in this world have to have the media involved? Who cares?

That's an entirely different story. You purposely made it sound as if Rodgers asks for money for signing an autograph for random fans on the street.

Waukesha sports cards.com. Look it up

Actually, Waukesha Sports Cards is charging fans $799 for a ticket to have Rodgers sign a helmet.

Tell me how it’s different? He still charges ridiculous amounts of money to do it.

There's a huge difference. I fully agree with athletes asking to be paid a decent amount of money from collectors who want to make money out of that memorabilia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retired players often make more money in signing sessions than they did playing the game. The more they make, the better.

Reaction score
Retired players often make more money in signing sessions than they did playing the game. The more they make, the better.
Yeah. Particularly If a sizable portion is donated to a charity.

That said. I don’t think he was necessarily implying that Rodgers was a bad person because he charges for memorabilia. (You didn’t say that I know) Otherwise I’m going to assume @Jayzee1981 would’ve said so. We’ve all seen other players play on contracts below their worth, it’s not a stretch to say Rodgers can’t do that to aid his team to at least one more Championship.

I’ve always felt a smart way for a player to handle it is take the substantially yearly hit, but ask for a longer term or a higher guaranteed number. Otherwise you end up playing 1 year deals (aka Rodgers) and you either retire or move to another team. That latter scenario can be bad for both parties

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back several decades ago, I was talking to Mickey Mantle, and he told me how he never paid for drinks in NYC. He'd go out, and would write out $5 & $10 checks so he'd have cash to pay for them. The bartenders and people owning the bars wouldn't cash them. They'd keep them for the autograph. He had a notice on every check that it was void if not cashed within 90 days of issue.

Reaction score
Back several decades ago, I was talking to Mickey Mantle, and he told me how he never paid for drinks in NYC. He'd go out, and would write out $5 & $10 checks so he'd have cash to pay for them. The bartenders and people owning the bars wouldn't cash them. They'd keep them for the autograph. He had a notice on every check that it was void if not cashed within 90 days of issue.
That’s a great move !

I tried that. But they just cashed them and they were insufficient and I ended up sorta famous… with my checks on a display board of serial bad check writers near the register ;)

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, it's probably your memorabilia place charging the money, not Rodgers. and that's probably all I need to say about it. There's more, but it should be obvious.
Rodgers sets his price to even show up and they go off that. It’s been explained to me by them numerous times. You shouldn’t even say anything at all since you don’t know what you’re talking about

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. Particularly If a sizable portion is donated to a charity.

That said. I don’t think he was necessarily implying that Rodgers was a bad person because he charges for memorabilia. (You didn’t say that I know) Otherwise I’m going to assume @Jayzee1981 would’ve said so. We’ve all seen other players play on contracts below their worth, it’s not a stretch to say Rodgers can’t do that to aid his team to at least one more Championship.

I’ve always felt a smart way for a player to handle it is take the substantially yearly hit, but ask for a longer term or a higher guaranteed number. Otherwise you end up playing 1 year deals (aka Rodgers) and you either retire or move to another team. That latter scenario can be bad for both parties
Well said

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers sets his price to even show up and they go off that. It’s been explained to me by them numerous times. You shouldn’t even say anything at all since you don’t know what you’re talking about
Either way it's the same point. HE is showing up to make THEM money. They should pay him. That's still way different then some kid seeing Rodgers and asking for an autograph and him saying, "pony up the 799 kid and I'll sign your napkin". and it IS your memorabilia place charging, not Rodgers charging you to get his signature. It might irk most people, but he's actually achieved a status where people will pay for his mere presence.

Memorabilia guys make big bank off professional athletes, they want him to show up at their place. They should pay. I don't think any of us show up at other places where people are making money and offering to make them more for free.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an entirely different story. You purposely made it sound as if Rodgers asks for money for signing an autograph for random fans on the street.

Actually, Waukesha Sports Cards is charging fans $799 for a ticket to have Rodgers sign a helmet.

There's a huge difference. I fully agree with athletes asking to be paid a decent amount of money from collectors who want to make money out of that memorabilia.
Either way it's the same point. HE is showing up to make THEM money. They should pay him. That's still way different then some kid seeing Rodgers and asking for an autograph and him saying, "pony up the 799 kid and I'll sign your napkin". and it IS your memorabilia place charging, not Rodgers charging you to get his signature. It might irk most people, but he's actually achieved a status where people will pay for his mere presence.

Memorabilia guys make big bank off professional athletes, they want him to show up at their place. They should pay. I don't think any of us show up at other places where people are making money and offering to make them more for free.
I never once said anything about seeing him on the street and asking for an autograph. I simply stated what he charges for an autograph is ridiculous. You decided to take it as the “Hey I saw you coming out of Walmart, sign my ****.” No **** he wouldn’t charge you $800 for a helmet autograph the way you put it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never once said anything about seeing him on the street and asking for an autograph. I simply stated what he charges for an autograph is ridiculous. You decided to take it as the “Hey I saw you coming out of Walmart, sign my ****.” No **** he wouldn’t charge you $800 for a helmet autograph the way you put it.
and charging to come to a place that makes money off other people's signatures is hardly anything to even be concerned with. I'm guessing the memorabilia shop makes more money off his signatures than they do others. is this where we are in life? someone won't come from his home to my memorabilia shop and sign stuff for cheap because i want one, so it's ridiculous?

Reaction score
Back in the day they used to take an old junker car and sell tickets to sledge hammer it. Like 3 swings for $10. If they did that today there would be far less stress in our country.
I think I’ll talk to Aaron about it. We can just have him send us a picture of that arm bar code to CashApp proceeds to him in exchange for 3 insults directed at him.
All for charity of course :coffee:

I’d like $50 worth please. :)
What a great stress reliever!

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back in the day they used to take an old junker car and sell tickets to sledge hammer it. Like 3 swings for $10. If they did that today there would be far less stress in our country.
I think I’ll talk to Aaron about it. We can just have him send us a picture of that arm bar code to CashApp proceeds to him in exchange for 3 insults :coffee:
Hahahaha!!

D

Deleted member 6794

We’ve all seen other players play on contracts below their worth, it’s not a stretch to say Rodgers can’t do that to aid his team to at least one more Championship.

Who are those elite quarterbacks that have taken less money to help their teams improve the roster around them? And please, don't come up with the myth that Brady has done it on numerous occasions.

Otherwise you end up playing 1 year deals (aka Rodgers) and you either retire or move to another team.

Rodgers is currently under contract for another five seasons.

Businesses like Waukesha Sports Cards make a ton of money out of selling merchandise with Rodgers' autograph on it. It's fair that they need to pay him for signing those items in the first place.

I never once said anything about seeing him on the street and asking for an autograph. I simply stated what he charges for an autograph is ridiculous.

You definitely implied that Rodgers asks for money signing autographs for fans on the street. It seems you still don't understand that it's not him charging $800 for a signed helmet at those private signings though.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously you can’t read. I never did imply or say on the street and I’m well aware that it’s them charging the $800. I also said he gives them a price to show up numerous times.

D

Deleted member 6794

Obviously you can’t read. I never did imply or say on the street and I’m well aware that it’s them charging the $800. I also said he gives them a price to show up numerous times.

While you didn't say that Rodgers charges fans on the street for his autograph you definitely implied it by saying he asks for $800 to sign a helmet.

Otherwise you would have added that a memorabilia company is asking for that kind of money for a private signing with him. You conveniently decided to withhold that information until asked about it though.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you didn't say that Rodgers charges fans on the street for his autograph you definitely implied it by saying he asks for $800 to sign a helmet.

Otherwise you would have added that a memorabilia company is asking for that kind of money for a private signing with him. You conveniently decided to withhold that information until asked about it though.
Funny that another poster knew exactly what I was talking about and broke it down that I thought everyone could understand. Maybe he should have typed slower for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts