David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're right JK. He can get the care of the trainers in GB. It's very concerning though that 17 months later he may still be having trouble with the knee. He had some of the meniscus removed in the knee and that could be the problem. The meniscus doesn't come back and is the only cushioning in the knee aside from articular cartilage.
He was complaining about the knee swelling up. NOT GOOD! If the knee were fine, he would be out there working with the team. Hopefully, he'll be able to play.

D

Deleted member 6794

He had some of the meniscus removed in the knee and that could be the problem. The meniscus doesn't come back and is the only cushioning in the knee aside from articular cartilage.

It would be extremely concerning if the meniscus was still bothering Bakhtiari six months after an arthroscopic procedure.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be extremely concerning if the meniscus was still bothering Bakhtiari six months after an arthroscopic procedure.
I agree. I was a runner and half the weight of Bakh and had my entire medial meniscus removed. He's a lot bigger than I am and has about 85% of his meniscus left. His knees take a lot of pounding. Again all these knee problems in a lighter person are usually no problem. But if he's damaged the meniscus, and he has, he may also have damaged the cartilage that covers the bottom of the thigh bone (femur) and top of the shin bone (tibia). That could be a problem as well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's swelling?
I was going by something posted here. I haven't read anywhere else that he still has swelling. I'm gonna delete that comment until I can confirm. But something isn't right. After 17 months he should be able to do anything. He doesn't have to be at OTAs, and all I can think of is that he's there for treatment. Just not a good sign. And I think MLF has said he'll hold him out of mini camp as a precaution.

Reaction score
I was going by something posted here. I haven't read anywhere else that he still has swelling. I'm gonna delete that comment until I can confirm. But something isn't right. After 17 months he should be able to do anything. He doesn't have to be at OTAs, and all I can think of is that he's there for treatment. Just not a good sign. And I think MLF has said he'll hold him out of mini camp as a precaution.
?? He was in drills yesterday and his feet went through those step drills quicker than a veteran RB.

Why on earth would they have him doing drills if he’s injured, it doesn’t add up to he can’t play. I’m not sure where the evidence is in all these remarks questioning his recovery.

You guys always hold me to standard (which is reasonable) when a player is unproven. Now I’m the one asking for proof or evidence that he’s too injured to play. Did I miss something yesterday? I’m being serious, has he had some setback??

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bottom line is it has turned out far worse giving Bak all that money than drafting Love.

Bak has contributed to the team winning so he's been the better player. It really comes down to who the Packers have had to pass on signing since the signing occurred. I do not know that and there is still a very strong chance that Bak continues to help the team while Love continues to hold the Microsoft Surface (so much easier to type when it was a clipboard).

Reaction score
Bak has contributed to the team winning so he's been the better player. It really comes down to who the Packers have had to pass on signing since the signing occurred. I do not know that and there is still a very strong chance that Bak continues to help the team while Love continues to hold the Microsoft Surface (so much easier to type when it was a clipboard).
I see his point though. We’ve went without our best Blindside for 2 years playoffs. It’s a very valid point From a monetary (risk evaluation) standpoint we’re paying him plus his replacement. That’s enormous $$
and a huge loss of production.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
?? He was in drills yesterday and his feet went through those step drills quicker than a veteran RB.

Why on earth would they have him doing drills if he’s injured, it doesn’t add up to he can’t play. I’m not sure where the evidence is in all these remarks questioning his recovery.

You guys always hold me to standard (which is reasonable) when a player is unproven. Now I’m the one asking for proof or evidence that he’s too injured to play. Did I miss something yesterday? I’m being serious, has he had some setback??
Nope and the fact he's doing drills is the first time I've heard it, so good reporting. And I agree, it he's doing those step drills, which are not easy for a guy that big, I feel a helluva lot better. They certainly aren't babying him. Thanks!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see his point though. We’ve went without our best Blindside for 2 years playoffs. It’s a very valid point From a monetary (risk evaluation) standpoint we’re paying him plus his replacement. That’s enormous $$
and a huge loss of production.

Oh, I agree. Major loss. Just not giving up on him completely at this point.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I agree. Major loss. Just not giving up on him completely at this point.
Yeah I don't think anyone has given up on Bakh yet. We have concerns but we want him back.

The only thing bigger than Bakh himself is his effusive personality. It was great to see him at a Bucks' playoff game chugging a supersized beer. He's a big part of this team's personality. All the best to him.

Reaction score
Nope and the fact he's doing drills is the first time I've heard it, so good reporting. And I agree, it he's doing those step drills, which are not easy for a guy that big, I feel a helluva lot better. They certainly aren't babying him. Thanks!
Oh yeah. I’m not sure if I was in the Packer app or where? But David hit those step drills with some quick feet. He looked like a Cha Cha Champion. Now doing the Limbo? I wouldn’t be betting the farm. :eek:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I’m not sure if I was in the Packer app or where? But David hit those step drills with some quick feet. He looked like a Cha Cha Champion. Now doing the Limbo? I wouldn’t be betting the farm. :eek:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, our O line is what contributed more to our two playoff losses lately than any other position. And in particular OT. And I blame a lot of that on the coaches because they chose wrong on who to play...both years.

D

Deleted member 6794

My bottom line is it has turned out far worse giving Bak all that money than drafting Love.

The jury is still out on that. If Bakhtiari stays healthy for the next three seasons it's probable his deal will have worked out better than the selection of Love.

He was in drills yesterday and his feet went through those step drills quicker than a veteran RB.

The video LTF posted of Bakhtiari from minicamp practice was encouraging.

Bak has contributed to the team winning so he's been the better player.

Bakhtiari has only played in eight games since signing his contract extension, missing all three playoff contests though. Therefore he has definitely not performed up to his salary so far.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bakhtiari has only played in eight games since signing his contract extension, missing all three playoff contests though. Therefore he has definitely not performed up to his salary so far.

But he's played 8 games, so he HAS contributed. I never said a word about performance relative to contract.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The jury is still out on that. If Bakhtiari stays healthy for the next three seasons it's probable his deal will have worked out better than the selection of Love.

The video LTF posted of Bakhtiari from minicamp practice was encouraging.

How does that work, salary-wise or bonus-wise for the season Bakh missed? Is that money guaranteed and paid and is one year wiped off the contract? I wouldn't think so and I'm sure these guys have insurance in the case of serious injury. I thought you or someone else might know how that works.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The video LTF posted of Bakhtiari from minicamp practice was encouraging." - Cap

Agreed. These step drills put a lot of weight on the knees. In any type of rehab, those are extremely advanced exercises only done at the end of treatment. I've had swollen knees after major surgery. He would not have been able to participate with swollen knees.

Members online

Latest posts