David Bakhtiari - Offensive Tackle

Reaction score
Probably the best news regarding Bakhtiari is that we haven't heard news about any more surgeries. Hopefully that means that things are on track. I would expect that he is putting his knee through the paces.
Yes As they say. No news is good news.

Reaction score
The article that prompted the latest discussion gives me no added optimism at all. They had him being injured in a game when it was actually in practice and their take on this season OL did not mention Jenkins injury at all. Poorly researched and pretty much useless information. What does give me optimism is that the injury occurred basically 17 months ago. As for Tonyan, the fact that he is a bit smaller and had a clean tear is reason for optimism, but week 1? I have to see that to believe it. Then in the Jenkins case IMO PUP is pretty much guaranteed and any predictions or guesses after that are just that.
Lol.
You remind me exactly of doubting Thomas! Always wondered when he was asked to put his fingers in those nail holes in his hands… do you think he physically did that before he was emphatically calling him his Lord and praising him??
It would kinda creep me out, I think I’d just take his word for it!

David Bakhtiari is doing just fine. Thomas.. I mean Schultz

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol.
You remind me exactly of doubting Thomas! Always wondered when he was asked to put his fingers in those nail holes in his hands… do you think he physically did that before he was emphatically calling him his Lord and praising him??
It would kinda creep me out, I think I’d just take his word for it!

David Bakhtiari is doing just fine. Thomas.. I mean Schultz
Nowhere in my post did I state that he wasn't.

Reaction score
Nowhere in my post did I state that he wasn't.
You didn’t have to.

I’ve got Bak odds at 5:1 in favor of him being just fine before week 1 from previous injuries and 3:1 currently healthy enough to play. Just my hypothesis and looking at similar players similar injuries etc.. those odds will adjust a bit as we get into camp, preseason, etc..

From everything we’ve heard Bak has worked his tail off and should be fine. I understand people being gunshy after we had a slew of players who injured last season and struggled to get healthy. Keep in mind we are going on 20+ more weeks and counting, that extra time has a way of doing its thing with healing.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of my comments in this thread were simply to say, pump the breaks not some indictment that BakhT wasn’t going to be able to play.

Reaction score
Most of my comments in this thread were simply to say, pump the breaks not some indictment that BakhT wasn’t going to be able to play.
True that. I’ll try to be nicer.
We’ve got a lot to be excited about as a group of fans. Having Bakhtiari back would be enormous. Even when he was playing limited.. he’s good.

If we can somehow or someway get Jenkins and Bak simultaneously and get 1 Rookie to rise early? We’re going to be very formidable in the trenches. On both sides.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad news out of OTA's today. Bakhtiari is still hurt. MLF says he "might" be ready for training camp. Time is not on his side. He's had more than enough time to heal and it hasn't gotten him back. It's doubtful more time will help when he's already had 17 months? Its looking like either his operation or recovery were botched. If Bakhtiari is finished, will his guarenteed money make an injury settlement useless in freeing up more cap space? If significant cap space could be freed up, that would make an injury settlement more attractive at an earlier date so that perhaps the cap savings could be applied to the 2022 roster.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad news out of OTA's today. Bakhtiari is still hurt. MLF says he "might" be ready for training camp. Time is not on his side. He's had more than enough time to heal and it hasn't gotten him back. It's doubtful more time will help when he's already had 17 months? Its looking like either his operation or recovery were botched. If Bakhtiari is finished, will his guarenteed money make an injury settlement useless in freeing up more cap space? If significant cap space could be freed up, that would make an injury settlement more attractive at an earlier date so that perhaps the cap savings could be applied to the 2022 roster.
So they never said "the plan was to hold him out for ota and have him for tc?"

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I heard the interview with MLF, no where was it mentioned he is still hurt lol

He is purposefully being held out of OTAs

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he were healthy, Bakhtiari would be active. His inaction is consistent with a bad knee. No reason to keep a guy on the sidelines unless he is hurt.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not eliminating the chance something is wrong however until he is expected and planned on participating there is nothing to base it off of.

If TC comes and he is missing time 100% valid

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You realize there are numerous veterans that haven’t been active at OTAs….
You would think a player that's been rehabing for 17 months would take advantage of OTA's to shake some rust off. Sitting out makes little sense other than he's still hurt and the team wants to avoid making it worse. While I hope he's all right, with each passing month, the prospect the he suffered a career ending injury becomes more likely.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he doing absolutely nothing? While I could see keeping him out of one on one drills and things like that, I'd think having him do individual stuff would likely be in the plan if he was able.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One interesting tidbit is that no rookies were in and our first line was Nijman, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Van Lanen

Even in a world without Bakh I do not see Van Lanen in there. Hanson has taken first team reps even before any of the rookies. It's OTAs so just a tiny grain of salt worth of measure however.

D

Deleted member 6794

I heard the interview with MLF, no where was it mentioned he is still hurt lol

He is purposefully being held out of OTAs

What's the purpose of holding Bakhtiari out of practice if he's healthy though? I'm concerned about his ability to get back out there after listening to MLF yesterday.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the purpose of holding Bakhtiari out of practice if he's healthy though? I'm concerned about his ability to get back out there after listening to MLF yesterday.

Until he doesn't work out when the organization said it was their plan (TC) I'm going to attempt to allow my anxiety over it to not grow - believe me I'm not saying it doesn't mildly concern me and that there isn't cause for concern, but I'll take them at face value for now as this was the plan. Even if the case, that alone provides no comfort to fans...HE IS AN EXPENSIVE cap hit...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say this much if the team/organization believes Bakh could potentially NOT be able to go this year and with Jenkins down...I'd 100% support making an Eric Fisher signing happen - he is the most accomplished and capable LT on the FA market right now and shouldn't cost more than maybe $7M or so. A Lowry cut could help cover some of this and still have money to move for things in 2022 still.

D

Deleted member 6794

Until he doesn't work out when the organization said it was their plan (TC) I'm going to attempt to allow my anxiety over it to not grow - believe me I'm not saying it doesn't mildly concern me and that there isn't cause for concern, but I'll take them at face value for now as this was the plan.

If the Packers came out shortly after the season or the start of offseason workout program that they plan on sitting out Bakhtiari until camp I wouldn't be worried either. The timing of the announcement makes me wonder about the reasoning behind it though.

Reaction score
Now this is very interesting. You emphatically defend Aaron Rodgers basically saying that OTA’s are completely useless. Even siting, by name, a list of veterans that missed.

Then, when it comes to a guy recovering from injury, you want him out there for those same useless OTA’s??
Ok. I realize we differ on our methodology. I’m like scratching my head here.

Tell us.
Why risk re-injury for David in a useless drill for veterans? (Your interpretation not mine)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With AR, he's not coming back from an injury and doesn't need the OTA reps judging from his last 2 seasons. With Bakhtiari, it would be beneficial for him to shake the rust off and test his knee given that he has only played 28 snaps in the past 17 months. Sitting out OTA's just provides more evidence that he never healed from his injury. MLF didn't exactly sound too confident in describing Bak's situation. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like time is not on his side when that's what they are relying on for him to get back in the lineup.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With AR, he's not coming back from an injury and doesn't need the OTA reps judging from his last 2 seasons. With Bakhtiari, it would be beneficial for him to shake the rust off and test his knee given that he has only played 28 snaps in the past 17 months. Sitting out OTA's just provides more evidence that he never healed from his injury. MLF didn't exactly sound too confident in describing Bak's situation. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like time is not on his side when that's what they are relying on for him to get back in the lineup.
On the contrary, with AR, it would be hugely beneficial for him to do OTA reps since he's pretty much working with an entirely new WR group. Work on timing/routes, etc. with them.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Bakhtiari, it would be beneficial for him to shake the rust off and test his knee given that he has only played 28 snaps in the past 17 months. Sitting out OTA's just provides more evidence that he never healed from his injury.

some people - myself included - might have forgotten that he had a second surgery late in the year.
second surgery

Members online

No members online now.