Davenport News

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
spaulding said:

Sounds good...man the way this offseason went i was afraid Davenport murdered somebody, wouldn't be surprised with this team...

What the hell is that supposed to mean? This ain't the Ravens. Geeze, most of the time I come to this forum, I think that I've stumbled into a queens forum. Negativity abounds here mostly directed at the Packers. It's a new year. The young guys all have another year of experience. Bates, everybody's favorite, is defense coordinator. The Packers drafted their qb of the future and some speedy athlectic talent for the seconday. Bates likes the depth on the Dline, possible the key to the defensive's development. It also looks like we might have a good punter. If there were one thing that could have gone better was if the Packers had drafted Marion Barber III but he was gone before the Packers first pick in the fourth round.

Cheer up, it's going to be a good year.

One other thing. I think it's interesting that Green's wife went off the deep end when it became readily apparent that Walker was going to hold out. Some guys pay for it one trick at a time. Others pay for it with their lives. Lucky is the man that has a good woman.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie 2001--You are still in there trying to get some of these doom & Gloomers to get on the positive side as I also try to do. Mike Sherman and his staff have a 53-27 regular season records, but a 2-4 post season record. I think, there are various circumstances for the problems the Packers have encountered in their post season games. I guess, they want to believe what they want to believe. I don't know if they don't understand Competitve balance. . This Packer team has not had a losing record since 1991, this is quite a accomplishment in N.F.L. by this franchise in the new century. It sure beats the heck out of the 1946-1958 era of very medicore and losing football in that era. Also the 1968 to 1991 era of mostly losing football. There were no championships in those two eras and very few playoff games. There were many problems in Packer management and coaching during those two eras. Money was also a problem in the those losing eras. lack of, that is. Those problems have been corrected starting in 1992 and continuing into the future. Give this team a break and see what happens this coming season. Everytime something occurs with the Packers don't immediate look at it, as if something bad is going to happen. Be patient!! The Franchise will field a winning team this year and hopefully go all the Way!!!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's all fine and probably true but you gotta admit that the team has seen a run of bad news lately and to read a positive article on najeh is certainly a sigh of relief and a welcome surprise.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
What the hell is that supposed to mean? This ain't the Ravens. Geeze, most of the time I come to this forum, I think that I've stumbled into a queens forum. Negativity abounds here mostly directed at the Packers. It's a new year. The young guys all have another year of experience. Bates, everybody's favorite, is defense coordinator. The Packers drafted their qb of the future and some speedy athlectic talent for the seconday. Bates likes the depth on the Dline, possible the key to the defensive's development. It also looks like we might have a good punter. If there were one thing that could have gone better was if the Packers had drafted Marion Barber III but he was gone before the Packers first pick in the fourth round.

Cheer up, it's going to be a good year.

One other thing. I think it's interesting that Green's wife went off the deep end when it became readily apparent that Walker was going to hold out. Some guys pay for it one trick at a time. Others pay for it with their lives. Lucky is the man that has a good woman.

It was a sarcastic comment, certainly I didn't mean Davenport had "murdered somebody"...its' just me with a little satire on how this team can't stay out of legal trouble (or show up to camp for that matter...)

just because i make one sarcastic comment about one of the players doesnt mean someone has to go on one of these "oh come on cheer up youre being negative" speeches. I'm a generally negative person... I was slowly becoming positive. It's remarks like the constant "oh don't be so negative" that make me more negative...

if there were one thing that could have gone better it was THE DRAFT...god just stop talking about it, this is a thread about najeh davenport, a running back, drafted 3 or 4 years ago...how the hell you go about brining up d-line, jim bates, the punter, aaron rodgers...i think i'm over negative but some people are over positive and think this team is gonna walk to another division title, and every move we do is the right one

sixone, thank you, you understand the school of thought i'm coming from...i meant for my post to...show relief...that we can have an article about our players without containing the phrases "was charged with" or "wants a new contract"

...Honestly I think Ahman's problems will clear up...any time I hear things like this I think of 76er Aaron McKie, after the sixers went to the NBA finals...he got a new, lucrative contract...a week later his wife reports him for abuse...and two weeks later they settle out of court, Ahman's in a contract year, this will take the same course and Ahman will be good to go...

OP
OP
S

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just settle for Ahman being healthy. It sounds like Davenport has finally matured. If we can keep both of them in the lineup we will wear people out.

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<<<how the hell you go about brining up d-line, jim bates, the punter, aaron rodgers...>>>
If you don't get understand, I could always tie it in for you. I'll just start out by saying that this thread was as good as any to comment on the negativity in a forum that seems to be having a difficult time getting users. That might be a reason why. Of course all you have to do is say the word and you can have the forum all to yourself. You can express those negative sentiments to youself and the other five users and revel...wait...too positve...not revel...wallow in it.

OP
OP
S

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD- Mackie if Davenport holds up this year Marion Barber would have been nice but definitely a luxury. And I'm a Gopher fan. I think that Ahman going to need about 1200 yds for the Pack to keep him. The thing that helps is there is a glut of good running backs right now so his price might not be as high as it could have been. If they can't keep him, hopefully Najeh's new regimen will keep him healthy enough to take over.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
If you don't get understand, I could always tie it in for you.

yeah there's something i really dont understand with whatever it is you're trying to prove...i've been on other threads saying how this defense has potential, doesnt mean you have to negatively attack someone (for being negative) on a davenport thread

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you consider my comment on the general state of this forum an attack, I'd suggest that you get professional help. But please, don't do it on a Davenport thread. We mustn't abuse the sactity of any thread topic. After all, that wouldn't leave much room for negativity.

Here's a bit of negativity to warm your heart.

Spaulding, I hope you and Najeh are correct about his new work-out regimen. However, he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy and having Barber would have been a great fit for the Packers offense as well as insurance for the backfield.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
If you consider my comment on the general state of this forum an attack, I'd suggest that you get professional help.
Here's a bit of negativity to warm your heart.

yes i do consider it an attack...your all-out bashing of the "negativity" that makes me and others seem like a fairweather type fan, which i'm not, is crap...i'm entitled to my opinion, so what if i question the team, doesn't mean i'm any less of a fan than anyone else on the forum--start a thread of your own to vent about this so i know what thread i don't have to look at...

Mackie2001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JW,
I'd suggest you re-read my posts. If you call that all out bashing, you ain't seen nothing yet...but not to worry, you won't.

Sorry Arrow, Spaulding and PWT but I can't spend time in this land of the terminally negative. Just being here makes me want to take a shower with a Scotch Brite pad and a putty knife.

I'll see ya around.
Mackie

OP
OP
S

spaulding

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie the point of the article was that Davenport was taking the necessary steps to improve his durability, so I believe that because he found a potential root of his problem he'll be okay. Plus we have Tony Fisher, which unfortunately wouldn't leave room for Barber. Too bad. I wanted him in a GB uni pretty bad.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
JW,
I'd suggest you re-read my posts. If you call that all out bashing, you ain't seen nothing yet...but not to worry, you won't.

Sorry Arrow, Spaulding and PWT but I can't spend time in this land of the terminally negative. Just being here makes me want to take a shower with a Scotch Brite pad and a putty knife.

one sarcastic comment by me started one heck of a chain reaction...back to 12 posts ago, wow i'm very glad to see Davenport making strides in his game, I'm glad to see it wasn't bad news about our team.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Mackie.... trying to not be negative here - but in the last month, preceeding the Draft - we may have seen one or two comments coming from VIKES or 4th&26... in all that time - We've actually taken to questioning where the heck they rolled off to....

For the most part - over in the NFL section, those two have livened up the place and there's decidedly NO HATE mongering going on here.... at least not from those two or the general population, either! The little give-n-go you've entertained in this thread is actually, a rarity.... Most will tell you so!

One thing - if we cannot express our opinions without being attacked - then it's not "free speech" - now, is it ?! ! ! Even when SV and I have our little nonsense going on... it's still FREE SPEECH - and I do try to focus on the issue of the thread... and not the person (for the most part, but it's real hard sometimes)

If one person's negative and one person's positive.... then it all equals out!

GO PACKERS!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
If one person's negative and one person's positive.... then it all equals out!

GO PACKERS!
thats a good perspective, if there were no negative people to counterbalance with the positive people...it wouldnt be a good thing, now can we MOVE ON

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spaulding said:
So like I was saying about Davenport....
I like a couple of things this year with regards to Davenport...

1) - He no longer will be required for Special Teams (woohoo)
2) - That being the case, he may get to stay healthy.... Yea, Hey!
3) - Pending he can stay healthy, will he relagate himself as the heir apparent to Ahman Green?

No.3 - I say that, pending we know a couple of things are about to happen...

A) Ahman's contract talks are due next Spring
B) Batman is hitting the big 3-0 and is, for purposes, on the downside of a RB's career.

Comments?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
1) - He no longer will be required for Special Teams (woohoo)
2) - That being the case, he may get to stay healthy.... Yea, Hey!

Just what I was going to say, those two go hand in hand...naje not having to run full speed directly at the other team while theyre running full speed...i think there's an incredible less chance of him getting hurt now lol

Ahman turns 30...but i dont think he's 30 years old in running back years...his first two seasons with seattle he had limited duty, but this year will tell all on which direction he's going...wow marian barber would've been a good pick...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Green's gonna have a huge year, something "magical" always seems to happen in a players contract year. that being said, i also think he'll be gone after this season as well. on the subject of his replacement, Davenport seems like far too much of an injury liability to make him the starter...even if he did stay heathly this year.

if Green goes, we'll have to snag a free agent RB or draft one in my opinion. I'll always look at Najeh as being able to shoulder some of the load, but not all of it. :twocents:

stuffin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mackie2001 said:
<<<how the hell you go about brining up d-line, jim bates, the punter, aaron rodgers...>>>
If you don't get understand, I could always tie it in for you. I'll just start out by saying that this thread was as good as any to comment on the negativity in a forum that seems to be having a difficult time getting users. That might be a reason why. Of course all you have to do is say the word and you can have the forum all to yourself. You can express those negative sentiments to youself and the other five users and revel...wait...too positve...not revel...wallow in it.

Why are you being so negative about his negativity?

Wait, that is 2 negatives and 2 negatives equal a positive.

DAMN, YOU ARE GOOD!!!

Members online

Latest posts