1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Davenport hires Rosenhaus now

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rabidgopher04, May 19, 2005.

1. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What is this world coming to?

http://www.greenbaynewschron.com/packer ... cle=131558

2. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope Rosenhaus would not tell Davenport to hold out, his new client has been hurt most of the time during his career with the Packers Would be nice if he would have injury free '05 season before negotiating his '06 contract. A second string running bach who is injured every year with the team has as much leverage at Cletius Hunt (well a little more anyway) He should not get a cent more until the end of the '05 season. Are Ahman Green & Grady Jackson next target for Rosenhaus to sign up Throw in Longwell & Bubba or anybody else on the Packer roster who is unhappy with his contract, no matter how many years left on their contract. Oh My aching Back. Rosenhaus is like a computer virus, he trying to infect all the N.F.L. players. If Rosenhaus is successful and N.F.L. teams cave in to these demands of the clients he represents. Because of salary cap, there maybe many more N.F.L players shopping around their talents every year because a contract will mean absolutely nothing.
    . All teams involved will have to hold the line against this wesel player agent and his willing accomplices (players) or it is salary cap chaos!!!!!

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    another one bites the dust...

4. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the NFL should have some sort of agent regulation. Sooner or later Rosenhaus is going to represent half of the NFL and that can't be good.

5. spaulding

spaulding Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosenhaus has 80-90 guys, and thats about all he can handle. He got Davenport because Rosenhaus pays current clients for bringing in new ones. That's how he got Walker by way of T.O. Not a big deal.

6. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You know what who cares? Davenport has only had 1 pro start in 3 years!! Why would we want to sign him to a long term deal when he's injury prone?? I mean he's a great running back and has the quality to be a starter but he's just proven he cant be a starter for the past three years cause he was injured. So who cares he's gonna be a free agent next year and we aint gonna re-sign him if he thinks he should have a long term deal too. :urstupid: for signing Drew as your agent Najeh.....

7. Canadian packer

Canadian packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Davenport was a restricted free agency and nobody tried to sign him.... It makes me laugh at the comment from his agent that the packers have to sign him to long term deal because teams will want him when he becomes a free agent.

8. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed - with the Injury bug bitin' this guy all the time and his singular style of running, almost like Alstott (?) - He won't last much longer in the NFL. He'd "have to" stay injury-free all year in 2005 for anything to merit out. Thompson lets this guy walk, especially if quite a few of the new guys gel... that would leave us open and ready to search for the next great RB later on...

Rosenhaus is gonna find out we're out of water in Green Bay.
    He'll go thirsty and fall off the Planet...
    What other Teams is this guy bothering, anyway?

9. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    i think he fits in our system great...but if he wants the big bucks he's barking up the wrong tree. he's a great situational back, but everybody knows how durable he is. i love him being in Green Bay, but his contract should reflect that.

10. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All good points and it really brings to light why GB should have traded him when they had the chance or signed him to more than a 1 yr deal at the end of this season. In the end, GB will most likely lose him at season's end and get nothing in return for him. Not hard to understand why GB keeps slipping as an organization.

11. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If we can trade him we should and just go with Fisher as a backup. He's just as reliable because he stays healthy. Or get as much out of Najeh as we can this year and let him go. I like Najeh but he is a long ways from being a proven feature back. He is not worth big money.

12. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Davenport needs to concentrate more on staying healthy and holding onto the football if he ever wants to see a contract extension for more money.