1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Dave Rayner special teams player of the week

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by starpass, Oct 4, 2007.

1. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rayner got the game ball last week for the chiefs with 3 FGs and deep in the end zone kick offs. I saw on the NFL channel that Rayner was named special teams player of the week. The Nov. 4th game at Arrowhead could come down to a Rayner Kick...and the drama builds.

2. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    good for him...i felt bad the he fell victim to the circumstances in spite of him doing a fairly good job for the pack last year

3. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rayner must be doing a good job...KC CUT their number 5 draft choice out of UCLA Medlock....talk about a wasted pick...

4. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    they actually just put him on the PS, Medlock is an ok kicker but probably at this stage dosent have the nerves to play NFL.

The drawback to having a successful and strong team is that the packers will have players who dont make it in GB but will elsewhere. Best of luck to Rayner anyhow, he was a good Packer.

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Congrats to Dave.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He was pretty good while he was here. I hope he keeps doing well...........as long as it's NOT against us!

7. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Best of luck to Rayner.
    He was good while he was with us.
    Let's hope he is not good against us.

8. mi_keys

mi_keys Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear he's doing well... let's just make sure that when we play KC, the only thing he has the opportunity to do is send the kick off out the back of the end zone.

9. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I hope the young man forges out a long career in the NFL.

Note on Medlock.. Chiefs messed with his footing and stroke... wonder why he is having issues with accuracy? If a kicker has used a style for a long period of time and it works... leave it. Silly coaches :)

10. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packers did same thing to Corey Rodgers punt fielding too and it ruined him. :-?