1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Davante Adams

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Sep 27, 2019.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I heard from another Packer fan that he has turf toe and is trying to avoid season ending surgery. I said last night that if he did have turf toe, he'd be gone 4 games at the LEAST. This is not good news for an offense that already lacks playmakers and already struggles moving the ball and converting third downs smh. Now teams will stack the box and tee off on Rodgers. It doesn’t help that Bulaga will probably be out with his annual injuries every damn year smh.

With the defense not being able to stop the run we could be in trouble if teams go up on us early. They are 100% going to have to trade for a wr now AND call Dez Bryant. They can call Kansas City and see about Demarcus Robinson or Mecole Hardeman for a third. ..maybe even give up a 1st for Tariq Hill. Other potential trade partners would be...

Denver Emanuel Sanders
    New England Josh Gordon
    Cleveland Jarvis Landry
    Houston Texans Cory Fuller

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Emmanuel Sanders should be the target. Why would NE trade Josh Gordon....They need him

In fact Sanders is the only one of these that makes any sense at all.....these other teams are in contention

3. Cheese Headed Monster

Cheese Headed Monster Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    So if we think we have a shot this year then i say go for it and trade for a WR. If we think we don't have a REAL shot this year then don't lose the assets and instead stick to all offense in the upcoming draft. See what that does for next year, and then if need be do more trade/free agency work. Idk if we are ready yet or there yet to trade away picks and players for those key free agents. YET. Id feel better about it next year after devoting a draft to offense first

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. greengold

greengold Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think it is as dire as some here, but that's just me. OT is not concerning anyone I guess. You guys are freaking me out.

Without Rodgers, what is a top WR going to do here? Remember that. PROTECT THE FRANCHISE MAN! Trade for the best OT you can find.

BTW, I totally dig that CHM.

* if I had to pick one it would be Sanders.... but...

*** "Hello! Jordy? Hey man! How's it goin'???!!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Houston doesn’t have any picks that one reason, and New England has a guy they drafted in the first round at Wr who they are extremely high on who’s going to come back that’s why.

6. Cheese Headed Monster

Packer Fan Since:
    what would a trade for a WR look like now is my question? Who or what would we give up do you think?

7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Adams himself said it was turf toe. The benign-sounding name for this injury does not accurately represent its potential seriousness. We'll just have to see how it progresses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd Cheesehead

Clearly you don't follow the Pats. Gordon is an integral part of their team at the moment and they have invested a lot of time and energy to get him to this point

9. Cheese Headed Monster

Packer Fan Since:
    I have never had it, but I hear the pain can be pretty brutal.

10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Woodson hardly practiced for two years playing through a turf toe. Some guys are never quite right afterward.

There's a lot of fine machinery in the feet and hands.

But there's a broad range severity. Ever stub your big toe on the bed post? Or jam a thumb playing baseball? It could be like that, pretty painful for a week or two and then it gradually goes away. If there's tendon damage that doesn't heal on its own requiring surgery that's another matter.

We'll just have wait and see.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Third rounder for Emanuel Sanders. Or maybe a third or 2nd for Fuller in Houston. They have a crowded wr room.

12. AKCheese

AKCheese Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    This is not a team that “a player away”. If they can pick someone up fine, or trade a 4th round or lower, maybe, but no way I’d use high draft pick capital. This team is NOT ready to contend. Keep building.

13. Stanger37

Stanger37 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'd like to hear what the Bengals would accept for a man by the name of AJ Green.

14. Cheese Headed Monster

Packer Fan Since:
    I like the Emanuel Sanders trade

15. Southside

Southside Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Types of tuff toe injuries...

Grade 1: Slight pain, no tear of the ligaments in the joint. Result: Player can return to the game or maybe miss a little action.
    Grade 2: Modern pain, partial tear with some bruising. Result: Players misses several days or up to two weeks.
    Grade 3: Considerable pain, complete tear with swelling, bruising. Result: Player out 1 to four months.

16. Heyjoe4

Heyjoe4 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah Turf Toe sounds innocent but can be quite severe, limiting. All of our weight goes through the big toe when we walk. Now add in all the force an elite WR like Adams adds to that....... well, it’s not just something to play through. And as far as I know, the only cure is rest and ice to ease the swelling. Only time will tell how severe Adams’s injury is. Hope for the best.

17. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Anyone remember this play last night? I was thinking "Is Aaron having a hard time hearing MLF or just knew the play he wanted to run next?" We may never know, but it turned out to be a great play, no matter who called it.

18. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Hate to re-beat my drum, but the fact that people are talking about this possibly being an injury that could potentially derail a Packers winning season, just makes me once again ask "How do you start the season being this thin of talent in the WR group?"

I know people are just saying that losing Davante could be a big loss and it could, but I don't remember seasons completely derailed when we lost Freeman, Brooks, Nelson, etc. The potential of losing your #1 WR is always a legit concern and when you don't have much in the way of a #2 or #3, its playing Russian Roulette with your season.

Now I hope that Davante's injury isn't too bad and he is back sooner than later, but if he is lost for an extended period of time and the rest of the WR's can't step up, there is going to be plenty more discussion of just what a gamble Gute took at the WR position.

19. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Scoured roster...still cannot locate this Devante this thread is about....

20. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Maybe they spend to much on building the defense, but yeah, this is a good question.

21. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I think after watching last nights goal line failures, it’s pretty obvious that we have an issue without Adams. Jimmy Graham certainly isn’t the answer.. yeah I know he caught a TD earlier... so what.... trying to one hand another??? He and Rodgers obviously have no clue what the other is thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    How do you see a roster that has added 2 high level safeties, 2 high level starting OLBs, and 2 starting offensive guards and think it’s not enough?

Losing Bulaga will hurt this team more

23. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    turf toe, schmurf toe!

sterling had a very painful turf toe 25 years ago and kept playing. missed some plays in this game due to it. remember this play?

24. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Losing Bulaga is definitely not good... but I have to disagree... I think Rodgers is good enough to compensate for Bulaga’s absence... but apparently he can’t make a consistent connection with any of his receivers except Adams.

25. XPack

XPack Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Adams said his toe is swollen so much that he can't wear shoes. Which does indicate some time out, not sure how long.

Bulaga, Williams, Adams - Every part of offence has suffered over Eagles. Add in woes at ILB, I can see the season potentially slipping by.

26. gbgary

gbgary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    slipping by? what were you expectations when the season started?