1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Darren Sharper Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    Is Sharper a HOF worthy player? His career is coming to an end and he has the most interceptions among active players (63), so I figured its a conversation to have. He is also 6th all time tied with Ronnie Lott for career interceptions.

I am not a Sharper fan, but wouldnt mind having another player in the hall who spent the majority of his career in GB.

2. packerswin96

packerswin96 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    I think he is, not a first ballot HOF'er, but should still get in.

3. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Doesn't pass the smell test for me, but who knows, he may get in at some point down the line.

4. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +508
    He is the hardest hitting safety in the league

5. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    He'll get in...... Right after Javon Walker!

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    He's a stat only player. He gave up more plays than he made.

But he has the 2009 season where they won it all and he played well the first part of the year...

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    To slot him with other players, he is a little longer shot than Charles Woodson but has a better chance than Driver.

8. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    He couldn't even tackle "Greg Jemmings", and "Jemmings" had a " broken leggggg"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU]YouTube - ‪Greg Jennings (Broken Leg) scores on the saints‬‏[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    My lasting memory of Darren Sharper would be a 2003? Sunday night game against the Vikings, when he made an interception to win the game, but then ran around the field instead of going down and caused me lots of heartburn while worrying he would fumble. (Shields did something similar in the NFC Championship Game.)

6th most interceptions is really good, but unless they start letting in more than 7 each year, he'll have to wait a long time. Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin couldn't get in this year, and they were in the top 6 of rushing yards. There are a lot of guys on the waiting list, and it's simply too difficult to get in unless you're a true superstar.

10. LBC Pack

LBC Pack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Not if I have a vote. To many missed tackles for my taste..see Marshawn Lynch TD run in playoffs last year, pathetic. It was missed tackles like those that punched his ticket out of GB.

11. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I'd say it's a long shot. Not a lot of safeties get into the HOF unless they are truly dominant and memorable to the average fan such as Polamalo. Even the great LeRoy Butler probably won't make the HOF and he has a ring. I think people will think of Sharper as more opportunistic than talented (not necessarily my opinion by sports writers).

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    Good point.

And with Reed and Troy bothing being locks it doesnt help Darrens case