Darren Sharper Hall of Fame?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Sharper a HOF worthy player? His career is coming to an end and he has the most interceptions among active players (63), so I figured its a conversation to have. He is also 6th all time tied with Ronnie Lott for career interceptions.

I am not a Sharper fan, but wouldnt mind having another player in the hall who spent the majority of his career in GB.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't pass the smell test for me, but who knows, he may get in at some point down the line.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a stat only player. He gave up more plays than he made.

But he has the 2009 season where they won it all and he played well the first part of the year...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
To slot him with other players, he is a little longer shot than Charles Woodson but has a better chance than Driver.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My lasting memory of Darren Sharper would be a 2003? Sunday night game against the Vikings, when he made an interception to win the game, but then ran around the field instead of going down and caused me lots of heartburn while worrying he would fumble. (Shields did something similar in the NFC Championship Game.)

6th most interceptions is really good, but unless they start letting in more than 7 each year, he'll have to wait a long time. Jerome Bettis and Curtis Martin couldn't get in this year, and they were in the top 6 of rushing yards. There are a lot of guys on the waiting list, and it's simply too difficult to get in unless you're a true superstar.

LBC Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not if I have a vote. To many missed tackles for my taste..see Marshawn Lynch TD run in playoffs last year, pathetic. It was missed tackles like those that punched his ticket out of GB.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say it's a long shot. Not a lot of safeties get into the HOF unless they are truly dominant and memorable to the average fan such as Polamalo. Even the great LeRoy Butler probably won't make the HOF and he has a ring. I think people will think of Sharper as more opportunistic than talented (not necessarily my opinion by sports writers).

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say it's a long shot. Not a lot of safeties get into the HOF unless they are truly dominant and memorable to the average fan such as Polamalo. Even the great LeRoy Butler probably won't make the HOF and he has a ring. I think people will think of Sharper as more opportunistic than talented (not necessarily my opinion by sports writers).

Good point.

And with Reed and Troy bothing being locks it doesnt help Darrens case

Members online

Latest posts