Darren Perry New Safeties Caoch

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Green Bay Packers have hired former Pittsburgh and Oakland assistant Darren Perry to coach their safeties, an NFL source said Tuesday."

Don't know much about this guy. Does anybody have any good info on Mr. Perry?

pack12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe now we can get someone to coach up are players.I think we have the talent,wejust need someone to teach them. Darren Perry was the coach at pittsburg who coached Troy Palumalu.I think that should give us hope!

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks good I read up on him at wikipedia. He played at PSU played with Rod Woodson under Bill Cower, Coached a lot of time under **** Lebeau so this should have given him a lot of great experience. Lets hope he can pass some knowledge onto our guys.

OP
OP
B

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack12 said:
maybe now we can get someone to coach up are players.I think we have the talent,wejust need someone to teach them. Darren Perry was the coach at pittsburg who coached Troy Palumalu.I think that should give us hope!

Hopefully Perry can do for our guys what he did for Polamolu and Chris Hope while he was there(2003-2006). I think Polamolu and Ryan Clark are the best safety tandem in football right now. Not sure if Perry was in Pitt when Clark got there but I know he was there when Chris Hope was and Hope seemed to play above himself during that time.

I think he'll have fun with the two potential upcoming studs we have at safety. Collins has already shown he has the stuff and needs to get a little more consistent and Bigby just needs to stay healthy and play like he did in our run to the NFC Championship a little over a year ago.

Eclipse612

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bigby can become the "heavy hitter" kind of safety, bringing energy and heart, while Collins looks a little bit more of a ball hawk, coverage guy. They could form a pretty impressive duo in the future. I hope they'll stay together in GB and keep on improving.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
boisenjm said:
pack12 said:

Hopefully Perry can do for our guys what he did for Polamolu and Chris Hope while he was there(2003-2006). I think Polamolu and Ryan Clark are the best safety tandem in football right now. Not sure if Perry was in Pitt when Clark got there but I know he was there when Chris Hope was and Hope seemed to play above himself during that time.

I think he'll have fun with the two potential upcoming studs we have at safety. Collins has already shown he has the stuff and needs to get a little more consistent and Bigby just needs to stay healthy and play like he did in our run to the NFC Championship a little over a year ago.

Don't know how much he helped Polamolu. The guy was an incredable college player.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
College career
In his career as a 3-year starter at the University of Southern California, Polamalu recorded 278 tackles (29 for losses), 6 interceptions (3 returned for TDs), 13 deflections, 2 fumble recoveries and 4 blocked punts. He was voted All-American first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report, Associated Press, Walter Camp, Football News, CBS Sportsline and ESPN, earning second-team honors from The Sporting News during his senior season. In 2001, he was named USC's MVP Award, led team with 118 tackles (79 solo), including 13 for losses (with a 2-yard sack) and six passes defended. He was also a roommate to current Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer and current New England Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel. He majored in general studies.

Reaction score
Eclipse612 said:
Bigby can become the "heavy hitter" kind of safety, bringing energy and heart, while Collins looks a little bit more of a ball hawk, coverage guy. They could form a pretty impressive duo in the future. I hope they'll stay together in GB and keep on improving.

i agree bigby can be good if hes healthy because he got burnt so bad by the saints because of his injuries

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts