Darius Shepard

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My surprise WR guy is Allen Lazard, loved him in college.
I have my eye on Lazard as well. Just the body type Gute seems to covet for WR's (6'5" 220ish). He was one of the greatest wide receivers in Iowa State history, he holds 3 of the school’s all-time records: receiving yards (3,360), career receptions (241) and single season TD (10). He had a pretty good teammate at WR as well, Hakeem Butler, who was just drafted in the 4th round by Arizona.

He isn't the speediest guy (4.55 40) but plays very physical and evidently a very smart guy. So he will be fun to watch.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true that both MVS and EQ had solid rookie campaigns in 2018. That doesn't change the fact that Adams is the only proven receiver currently on the roster. While some of the youngsters could definitely develop into reliable weapons I don't consider the talent being anywhere close to insane as long as that hasn't happened.

I'd consider Geronimo as a proven NFL receiver.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd consider Geronimo as a proven NFL receiver.

We disagree on that but you know...opinions. Yours is as good as mine. I do hope he has what it takes to be a good #2 because I think he will start the season there. I hope when he is bumped to #3 its because someone beats him out and not because he can't hack it.

With only 55 receptions? Borderline. MVS had 38 last year and I don't consider him even close to "proven".

Below borderline if you ask me. The way he started last year is something to be excited about but nothing to be overly confident about.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Below borderline if you ask me. The way he started last year is something to be excited about but nothing to be overly confident about.
I was being kind ;)

Besides #17, I really don't know how to feel about our WR group. "Cautiously optimistic"? Lots of potential talent there, but some of that is also distorted due to having #12 at QB. Allison on most teams is at best your #3 WR. I think the Packers might be expecting too much out of an UDFA in his 4th season.

I could see a season where Davante and someone else have 1000+ yards, but I can also see a season that Davante gets injured and Rodgers ends up getting frustrated with the lack of experience surrounding him. I guess that is why they play the games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I have my eye on Lazard as well. Just the body type Gute seems to covet for WR's (6'5" 220ish). He was one of the greatest wide receivers in Iowa State history, he holds 3 of the school’s all-time records: receiving yards (3,360), career receptions (241) and single season TD (10). He had a pretty good teammate at WR as well, Hakeem Butler, who was just drafted in the 4th round by Arizona.

He isn't the speediest guy (4.55 40) but plays very physical and evidently a very smart guy. So he will be fun to watch.

You forgot to mention the most impressive stat about Lazard, which is that he has a reception on every single snap taken in the NFL. Ok, some debbie downer might suggest that one play is a small sample size but I'm absolutely buying into the hype ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You forgot to mention the most impressive stat about Lazard, which is that he has a reception on every single snap taken in the NFL. Ok, some debbie downer might suggest that one play is a small sample size but I'm absolutely buying into the hype ;)

Well let's keep this hype train moving! Lazard has never dropped a pass in the NFL! :)

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was being kind ;)

Besides #17, I really don't know how to feel about our WR group. "Cautiously optimistic"? Lots of potential talent there, but some of that is also distorted due to having #12 at QB. Allison on most teams is at best your #3 WR. I think the Packers might be expecting too much out of an UDFA in his 4th season.

I could see a season where Davante and someone else have 1000+ yards, but I can also see a season that Davante gets injured and Rodgers ends up getting frustrated with the lack of experience surrounding him. I guess that is why they play the games.
right. we have one proven guy. the others are some level of backup quality at this point. maybe someone will emerge. i don't think geronimo would be a number two on very many teams.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted this thread was supposed to be about Shepard....

I believe in GMo, I had a 5th Round grade on him when he came out. When he went undrafted I was flabbergasted; but that quickly turned to excitement when we picked him up. In my opinion, Allison might have been the last good thing Ted Thompson did for this team before he was shown the door.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Gmo too. As long as he didn't lose anything physically from his injury, It hink he's going to do well for us, but i'd put Kenny Clark far ahead of him on the good things for this team list :)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Gmo too. As long as he didn't lose anything physically from his injury, It hink he's going to do well for us, but i'd put Kenny Clark far ahead of him on the good things for this team list :)

Seeing as Clark was the 1st Round pick that year and Allison was an UDFA, he would have came "last":rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

i don't think geronimo would be a number two on very many teams.

While you might be right about that there's hope at least one of the youngsters move past him on the depth chart before the end of the 2019 season.

Members online

Latest posts