Damn! Just make a decision!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't lose anything in free agency, we hardly get involved in free agency. Ted is not planning the future of this team around Brett's decision and you are right, that is a good thing.

You are right about the boring and unsexy part, everyone wants some excitement at this time of year. The mundane plan is working.

I'm relaxed, I know that whatever Brett decides he has provided all of us Packer fans with more than we should ever have expected from him and I know we are going to be fine if he does retire.

I have no fear that we will return to the 70's and 80's!

Yes, I strongly think TT is not planning the future of the team around Brett. He has a plan either way. That's why I'm so confident in our beloved Packers.

We won't return to the 70s and 80s. TT & MM are building a perennial playoff team. That gives us the best chance to win some SBs - be in the Playoffs every year.

What's really cool is that other teams fans will be thinking "what's wrong with the Packers? They're doing nothing! They're not trying to improve so they'll probably start sucking." Good. Let them think that.

I at first questioned TT's plans and thought he wasn't doing enough, then I figured it out - build the team from within. Consistently draft well. Reward achievers. Occasionally look at FAs but don't break the bank.

I also thought BPA drafting was stupid until someone on this board explained why we draft BPA in layman's terms.

It's boring and unsexy, but it works.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be fine, IF TRUE. But to assume that, after 5 years of this horse and pony show....no.

It is only a horse and pony show because some on this forum CAN'T FIGURE OUT AFTER 4 YEARS THIS IS HOW IT IS!!!!!!

The plan is in place, it seems to be working, 14-4 last year, MM has stated and it has been posted many times, no matter who is playing qb in 2008 things are not going to change.

Trom who is going to be your whooping boy when Brett does retire?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if the plan involves always drafting the same way. It seems to me that once we're satisfied with the group of players we have, the strategy may change a little bit. Aim more for those elite playmakers. To be honest with you, I am already having a hard time finding players on our team I'd like to see replaced by draft picks. I think it's getting close to the time to be aggressive in the early rounds of the draft, get the guys you're REALLY high on, and then trust your scouting dept. and draft for depth in the later rounds.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we didn't have computers to sit and mull over it each day, we wouldn't even know or care what was going on. But here we get reminded of it every day, and it stays fresh in our minds.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Now you can quite your *****ing about 'answer'.

The word ****** comes to mind right now.

Yes, Favre has reported his intentions to retire, but surely it is no reason to break the rules of a internet forum. It's going to be okay, PackOne, it is going to be ... okay.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never actually that Brett would seriously consider retirement. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah, I said numerous times I wanted him back, and it was obvious he had the physical tools to come back.

What a weird day.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre2driver said:
I never actually that Brett would seriously consider retirement. Guess I was wrong.

Yeah, I said numerous times I wanted him back, and it was obvious he had the physical tools to come back.

What a weird day.

Not as wierd as that mustache.

Members online

Latest posts