Damn it... Favre injured!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
In a cutting accident at home... Gottcha... nothing major..

http://www.packersnews.com/includes/newspaper/blogs/insider/index.shtml
Injury report: Favre limited by cut finger
Packers coaches limited quarterback Brett Favre's work in practice today because of a small cut on one of the fingers on his throwing hand.

"He went through the team (portions of practice)," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I just gave Aaron (Rodgers) some of his reps today.

"(Favre is) going to be fine. He's played with a lot worse."

Favre suffered the injury at home Monday night, McCarthy said. Favre also suffered a cut on his hand at home during training camp but didn't miss any significant practice time.

Rodgers ran the starting offense during the team periods reporters were allowed to watch today.

Meanwhile, coaches are working Vernand Morency into the rotation in practice, and McCarthy said the long-sidelined running back looked "very good" during portions of today's workout. Morency hasn't played since straining the patella tendon in his right knee on the first day of training camp July 28.

"I'm hopeful that we're past where we've been the last couple weeks," McCarthy said of Morency, who has been sore Thursday after Wednesday workouts each of the past three weeks.

"We've got him in the rotation, and he took his share of reps. He actually looked very good in some of the things that he did, so we will actually talk about that tonight and see how he feels in the morning and see how we can move forward, because like we've talked about in the past, the packages and (making) sure we get that whole group their reps that they need this week to be ready is important."

If and when Morency suits up for a game, Brandon Jackson, DeShawn Wynn or Ryan Grant likely would be inactive because McCarthy doesn't see the Packers activating four halfbacks on the 45-man roster.

Receiver Greg Jennings was limited in practice today because his problematic hamstring was "a little sore," according to McCarthy.

"He's fine. He feels great," McCarthy said. "The guy who's holding him back is myself."

Tight end Bubba Franks and tackle Chad Clifton are dealing with old knee injuries but are expected to play. Clifton probably won't practice much on Wednesdays in the future, McCarthy said.

The Packers will release their first injury for the week shortly. Here's what it will be:

Limited participation
LB Desmond Bishop (shoulder)
T Chad Clifton (knee)
WR Donald Driver (toe)
QB Brett Favre (right finger)
DL Cullen Jenkins (ribs)
RB Vernand Morency (knee)
DL Corey Williams (knee)
CB Charles Woodson (foot)
WR Greg Jennings (hamstring)

Did not participate
TE Bubba Franks (knee)
CB Al Harris (back)

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers taking snaps?

I smell a QB controversy.....

Just Kidding. Favre for MVP / President of the Universe.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when the world is nothing but a nuclear wasteland, there will be 2 things remaining. Cockroaches and Brett Favre.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or is does Brett cut his fingers alot? I dont know it just seems like this isnt the 1st time I have heard about it.

and thanks for giving me a heart attack

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this not the second time he's done this? Several years ago the same thing?

They need to keep knives and sharp objects away from him.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Probably gutting his recent bow kill... can't someone else clean up Brett's deer for him.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when the world is nothing but a nuclear wasteland, there will be 2 things remaining. Cockroaches and Brett Favre.

lol mkapp but I would add Kieth Richards in that mix too :lol: :lol:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did not scare me even a little bit.

I do not think many people on this forum really know how good young Arron is.

He is good.

The Packers have a young team and a young QB who will step in and do the job if Brett should go down for any reason.

Arron is very much unappreciated key member of this team.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:

Yeah but who would cook for Favre? i would hate for him to go hungry
Like he couldn't afford to order a pizza??? :lol:

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
warhawk said:

omg cheesey 2 periods before lunch stop

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Green_Bay_Packers said:
warhawk said:

omg cheesey 2 periods before lunch stop
LOL! Well.........have a "Cheesey" Pizza then!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get a laugh out of pro sports injury reports. :lol: I think most of these are done to con the next opponent.......and try to break the bookies.
Favre could be in a full body cast and still would suit up and play. You don't find guys like that anymore in sports. I know there is a huge investment in these guys....sometimes not worth it......but jeez Loiuse, gimme a break.

"Joe Blow of the Minnesota Manglers was put on injured reserve today after suffering severe pain and some bleeding after getting his right ear pierced for the tenth time. He was quoted as saying, 'it never hurt or bled like this before. But I think with some rest I'll be okay.' " :(

Think I'm gonna call my principal....."Jerry, my eyes are watering from laughing so hard at this thread. Can you get a sub for me? And I might need that sub tomorrow also." :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get a laugh out of pro sports injury reports. :lol: I think most of these are done to con the next opponent.......and try to break the bookies.
Favre could be in a full body cast and still would suit up and play. You don't find guys like that anymore in sports. I know there is a huge investment in these guys....sometimes not worth it......but jeez Loiuse, gimme a break.

"Joe Blow of the Minnesota Manglers was put on injured reserve today after suffering severe pain and some bleeding after getting his right ear pierced for the tenth time. He was quoted as saying, 'it never hurt or bled like this before. But I think with some rest I'll be okay.' " :(

Think I'm gonna call my principal....."Jerry, my eyes are watering from laughing so hard at this thread. Can you get a sub for me? And I might need that sub tomorrow also." :lol:
A "sub"??? Dang......all this talk about pizza and subs makes me HUNGRY!!!! :lol:
(I know Bob......"substitute teacher") LOLOLOL!!! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts