DAMMIT TED!!!! Make a move

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
/facepalm

I'm not sure what free agent we were supposed to sign for our O-Line, but we drafted Bryan Bulaga, who has been a stud. HOW do you figure??? He is no better than Taucher or Clifton, unless your talking about penalty yards. He consistantly got beat last week, and dont tell me about the AP player he went against. He still got beat/ had to hold consistently.

We also drafted Mike Neal and CJ Wilson to help replace Jolly. Honestly, I all but forgot Jolly was even on our team until recently. The guy just hasn't been missed.
Thats not replacing a known talent with talent, not that I was calling exactly for that one. That was a good pick that is paying off, but a gamble nonetheless.Its what TT does, and when it works, everyone calls him a guru.

Neal has done just fine, so no disagreement.

As for not signing any free agents *this* year, we did. We just re-signed our own free agents.
Thats a straight from TT mouth line. Also called mincing words, and exactly what I am talking about. We brought in no outside talent, simply b/c TT thought we were good enough. He didnt look for the missing puzzle piece, nor did he bring in adaquate help for known issues after the draft (cb, which was going to be troublesome with or without al harris) RB competition, backup QB, etc.) Oh, and dont forget we got NOTHING for Aaron Kampman. Oh wait, we will get one of TT coveted "supplementary" picks out of our PRO BOWLER.:banghead:

Who was working at Home Depot last week? Got a link, or are you just being melodramatic?

Being realistic. Im using metaphor and your again mincing words. Saying they worked at Home Depot is the equivalent of saying nobody else in the league is giving these guys the attention TT is. He is a known bargain basement team builder, and it shows in his overall record as a GM.

No, what you're seeing is our front office choosing not to panic and to instead weigh their options. This is a good thing.
No... its not. Its a sign of ineptness at this level. When you have a pressing need, you do what it takes to fill it. I am not judging TT on the last week, I am judging on the last 5 years. His M.O. is to sit on his hands and see how things play out.

While all of you are berating fans who are sick of seeing the same thing each year, your doing the same, just on the other side of the fence. How long are you going to remain buried head deep in the sand? How many non moves can we make before you have had enough? If ARod was out for the season, would you be thumbs up happy go lucky with Flynn as our new long term starter? What if Woodson went down this season as well? Cool with Tramon and Pat Lee, or god forbid, Jarett Bush?

At what point do we need to get to when we think about panicking, instead of just toting the TT line of "nothing to see here, keep moving, everythings fine..."

When we lose 5 starters for the season? Maybe 10? How about 12?

Atari Bigby/ Will Blackmon
Al Harris
Ryan Grant
Justin Harrell (or Johnny Jolly, your pick)
Morgan Burnett
Nick Barnett
JerMichael Finley
All those on the PUP or IR. 9 starters. Now We look forward to losing Rodgers, and Matthews for at least a game.

So... at what point should I and the rest of us begin to get concerned with the current affairs of the team Sparta? You seem to have all the answers. Explain why we SHOULD NOT be concerned.

See thats the thing. You dont have a solution. Neither does TT. Or MM.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade a 2nd or 3rd Pick to the Skins for Fred Davis. Guy can catch, and is okay at blocking, but because of the number of 3 WR sets the Skins run guy hardly ever sees the field except to spell Cooley. Then put Finley on IR. As for RB? No idea, LB No Idea. That assumes they aren't happy with QUarless and Lee is perhaps hurt worse than expected. When is the trade deadline anyways?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No... its not. Its a sign of ineptness at this level. When you have a pressing need, you do what it takes to fill it. I am not judging TT on the last week, I am judging on the last 5 years. His M.O. is to sit on his hands and see how things play out.

What pressing need did we have to start the season? Last season Ted brought in two free agents in Mark Tauscher and Chad Clifton to help with our line. He addressed the need last season, and guess what? We played better! WOW!

This season he kept them both, and knowing we needed talent to eventually replace them, he signed Bryan Bulaga. So again, he addressed the pressing need. And I still maintain that Bulaga has done pretty well with the reps he's been given. Sure, he made some rookie mistakes, but that's what happens when you're a first time starter in the NFL.

While all of you are berating fans who are sick of seeing the same thing each year, your doing the same, just on the other side of the fence. How long are you going to remain buried head deep in the sand? How many non moves can we make before you have had enough? If ARod was out for the season, would you be thumbs up happy go lucky with Flynn as our new long term starter? What if Woodson went down this season as well? Cool with Tramon and Pat Lee, or god forbid, Jarett Bush?

Well, if something happened to Rodgers and he was lost for the year, our season would more than likely be done anyway. Might as well get the rookie some reps, it's what he's being trained for, and they all gotta start somewhere. If you remember, Aaron Rodgers got the chance to prove to everyone he was ready only by filling in for an injured Brett Favre in the Dallas game. Besides, which veteran QB would you bring in to be the starter?

At what point do we need to get to when we think about panicking, instead of just toting the TT line of "nothing to see here, keep moving, everythings fine..."

When we lose 5 starters for the season? Maybe 10? How about 12?

Atari Bigby/ Will Blackmon
Al Harris
Ryan Grant
Justin Harrell (or Johnny Jolly, your pick)
Morgan Burnett
Nick Barnett
JerMichael Finley
All those on the PUP or IR. 9 starters. Now We look forward to losing Rodgers, and Matthews for at least a game.

So... at what point should I and the rest of us begin to get concerned with the current affairs of the team Sparta? You seem to have all the answers. Explain why we SHOULD NOT be concerned.

See thats the thing. You dont have a solution. Neither does TT. Or MM.

Yeah, and neither do you. Your way is ludicrous on so many levels. Do you think singing a bunch of guys off the street that no one else wants either are gonna plug all the holes we have due to injury? Are we just supposed to trade away our entire draft to bring in a coupla guys to replace guys due to injury?

If I had a choice between pissing away future draft picks for temporary fixes while we wait for guys to get healthy vs. temporarily going to our backups who have been practicing in our system and know the plays, I'll go with our backups every time. No, it's not a perfect solution, but it's a hell of a lot better than trading away our future for a guy that's probably gonna take a couple weeks to make an impact anyway.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade a 2nd or 3rd Pick to the Skins for Fred Davis. Guy can catch, and is okay at blocking, but because of the number of 3 WR sets the Skins run guy hardly ever sees the field except to spell Cooley. Then put Finley on IR. As for RB? No idea, LB No Idea. That assumes they aren't happy with QUarless and Lee is perhaps hurt worse than expected. When is the trade deadline anyways?

Trade deadline is next Tuesday.

I think they're gonna wait on Finley to see how we do and if we have a shot at the playoffs. In the mean time, they're pretty high on Quarless and Donald Lee practiced today. We also have Crabtree and I read Havner was cut by the Lions. We'll find out tomorrow if anyone claimed him off waivers. Wouldn't be surprised if Minnesota put in a claim for him, since they're ********** like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts