Dallas Cowboys might release T.O.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to one of the NFL "experts" at good ol' ESPN, the Dallas Cowboys are thinking about possibly releasing Terrell Owens to improve what the source claims to be the problem holding the team back: "Team Chemistry."

Some notable quotes from the article:

"I think we all know that chemistry is the problem with this team more than the schemes or anything else."

"Are we going to continue to allow talent to outweigh everything else in the decisions we make with players and putting the roster together? We're like the Redskins used to be when they signed every player they wanted. There's more to it than talent. It has to be more about the team."

"The big one [Owens] didn't get discussed yet, but I'm sure it will and real hard."

Here's the link to the entire article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3833575

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm Jerry Jones, I kick TO to the curb ASAP. He drops way too many passes, he keeps Romo from taking command of the offense, and they really don't need him. Romo's got Whitten, Williams, and Crayton to throw to, and they've got Barber and Jones on the ground. TO does more harm than good to the Cowboys.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see him going to the Raiders or Lions. The Raiders love outcasts and the Lions think that the only important position is WR. He would be a disaster in Green Bay.

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OHIOFAN said:
I see him going to the Raiders or Lions. The Raiders love outcasts and the Lions think that the only important position is WR. He would be a disaster in Green Bay.
Neither of those teams would even give TO a look. They're both in the rebuilding stage and won't have a look at a championship for another couple of years; they have nothing to gain from signing an expensive 35-year-old. And the Lions are likely dedicated to Calvin Johnson as their number one guy.

I expect TO (if he is released, no guarantee with a moron like Jerry Jones running things) to end up on a team that's been swimming in mediocrity for a while and needs to win RIGHT NOW. The Bears come to mind as that kind of team, but I don't think it will be them.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al Davis would go for TO because he loves the star players and would love the media attention. However, TO would never sign there and Davis couldn't afford him anyway.

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he gets released, I see him going to Washington. Snyder would give him a shot, Washington could use a true #1, and TO would want to get back at Dallas by staying in the division

The Wok

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I hope nobody starts clamoring for the Packers to sign him.

That's what I came in here expecting... Thankfully, not seeing any of that.

OP
OP
S

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O. is somebody who will never change his ways regardless of how much his conduct affects his team. From being in San Francisco, to Philadelphia, then to Dallas, I thought he'd change but apparently it was the same ol' same ol' with him. He's a cancer and that's the last thing Green Bay needs.

carlos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope he stays in Dallas, it will come back to haunt them at some point through their season. That can only help the Pack. Certainly can't hurt Green Bay.

oomparific

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I'm new here (first post), but I don't see the reason to hate on T.O.

I don't think he's really the cancer he's made out to be (I DO believe he used to be though.)... What evidence says he is still a cancer? The fact that he's vocal about wanting the ball? Good! I hope that a big name receiver who is EXPECTED to be a game changer would WANT the ball and be upset when he didn't get it.

Watching the Cowboys game against the Eagles the last week of the regular season, I saw three, yes just THREE players show heart: Witten, James, and Owens. I'm not sure Owens should come to the Packers simply because of depth and money. We are DEEP at wideout and he would require some serious cap room that could be better spent bulking up our horrendous rush defense (granted, we had injuries), or spent getting QUALITY inside O-Lineman or some young tackles for when Clifton and Tausher retire. However, I would not be real upset if T.O. did land in GB, and I think everyone needs to take a serious look at the MOTIVATION behind T.O.'s behavior.

I'm no football god, but I am a 21 year old high school football coach at a military school where the kids not only play together, but LIVE together, so I feel I understand SOMETHING about player interactions

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome oomp!!

As far as evidence of a cancer?

Niners gone, Eagles gone, and now talk of being gone in Dallas..

To me that stinks of him being a cancer 3 for 3

oomparific

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that he was a cancer with the 49ers (although I would have wanted out too), and the Eagles, but I was referring to him the past 2 years with the Cowboys. If he ends up gone it'll be because of either money (Jerry Jones... I think not), or because he'll be a scapegoat.

This team, last year, was supposed to be a real contender and got eliminated early in the play offs, then this year, they were a superbowl favorite for the NFC and didn't make the playoffs. The truth is Wade Phillips is too soft and Romo is a choke artist. One of THOSE two needs to go (or both), not T.O.

And thank you for the welcome :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts