da Montster will change our whole offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a theory that MM likes to bring something new into every playoff run. Starks and our run game in the last superbowl run. Cobb out of the backfield last year. I believe McCarthy prefers to grind out some hard wins to build his team. Even willing to take a couple losses (knowing we will still make the playoffs) to show how bad losing feels....

I know this sounds far fetched. But think about it. He is building a young team. Building character. You need to get knocked down to learn how to get back up. Now if we come out showing all our cards from week 1, sure we might have a couple more blow out wins. Couple more wins overall maybe even? But we won't have anything new to show come the time the games really count!!! Meanwhile the best coaches have tape to watch on us. If we get our butts handed back to us in the first half of a playoff game, will we have the character to know we could still win this?! This is what a HC must consider when three quarters of the team is in their early 20s... And the nfl coaches being as good as they are...

Point is... Da Montster was having a break out game when he got hurt. Catching some passes, but also having some very productive carries out of the backfield. This strategy, similar and Probabally coupled with Cobbs ability to do the same. Will be our playoff twist this year. It is dynamic and aallows us to throw defenses off their game. At the same time This unorthodox scheme gets our most potent play maker's the ball in their hands. This will help the oline and rodgers pass attack. Defenses will have to bring speed allowing lacy to start bowling again.

I'm optimistic.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we're going to see him for the rest of the year.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know he reagrivated it twice. Once he was coming back too soon imo. Second was hopefully a small setback. But 5 weeks (since last tweak)could have healed by playoff time...8 weeks before nfc championship game... 10 weeks superbowl....

He would Probabally be on ir if it were settled already.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I like Montgomery's potential, but even if he does come back and play, asking a rusty rookie to turn this offense around is too much of a pipe dream.

Now if you told me the NFL changed the rules concerning IR and Jordy miraculously was healthy and suited up, well you would have me interested.

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I believe McCarthy prefers to grind out some hard wins to build his team. Even willing to take a couple losses (knowing we will still make the playoffs) to show how bad losing feels....I know this sounds far fetched.
It's fine to be optimistic - even in the absence of evidence. But to think McCarthy is "willing to take a couple of losses" is more than just far fetched. It's ridiculous.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is back, we can use all the help we can get. He showed he can make things happen with the ball in his hands. One more playmaker on the field helps everyone. This offense is close, yet so far away. They're sputtering, hit on a few cylinders, then sputter again.

It's little things all over the place, but a few more made plays, and things start moving in the right direction. Success becomes easier as you start getting a 1st down and not going 3 and out. I think he'll be rusty, he won't be clean, and that's even if he is even able to see the playing field again this year. It's been a long time, and i'm not holding my breath, but if he does, he takes just a little pressure off of everyone. Even though he's seems similar to Cobb, I think having both on the field helps each other significantly and everyone else enough to make their jobs just a bit easier.

If this offense can get in a rhythm we could go far. Dragging and sputtering a long will probably see us with an early exit.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just read he has been put on season ending IR
We didn't see that coming :rolleyes: Well at least the Packers and fans can stop wondering if.....he could have helped.

Quarles was activated to take his spot.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is I hope I never have a sprained ankle like his, cause damn!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the pressure's off the kid. Now he can just focus on getting better.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts