1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

cutting the grass

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by yooperfan, Oct 23, 2007.

1. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello from da U.P. eh.
    I just came in from cutting the grass.
    Usually by now, here in da U.P., I have had to shovel snow.
    Nonna a dat dis year.
    It's 50 and sunny.
    I'm starting to like this global warming!

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah dere hey youse guys dere!!! WHUH!!!
    I recamember back when we lived jus a few milez from da UP, in Pembine. Youzayully by now we'd have us sum of da white stuff!
    An hear you is, cuttin' da grass??? Holy WHUH!!! Dat sure is unyouzawhule!!! :lol:

3. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WHUH?? LOL

4. TheKanataThrilla

TheKanataThrilla Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From the title I thought he was talking personal shaving of his nether region.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Hedder.....you never heard "WHUH?"
    Thats a for real statement from da U.P.! It's like an exclamation point, or a feeling of "unbelievable".
    Like for example: "Hey dere, did youse guys see the SIZE of dat buck dat Junior shot? Holy WHUH! He was HUGE!"
    Or : "Whuh! Da snow was deeper den i ever SEEN!"

Now.....this is a true story! When we lived up there in the late 1980's, I was telling a friend of mine from Milwaukee about the word "whuh", and how it was used. He thought i was kidding him of course. Well, he came up to visit us one weekend, and we were shopping at the Shopko store in Kingsford Michigan. A lady was pushing her kid in a cart walking past us (the kid was probably about 2 years old) and the kid was saying "Whuh! Whuh!" I started laughing, and my friend looked at me and said "You set that up, didn't you???" (Which of course i had NOT!)
    There is even a tavern up there NAMED the WHUH bar!

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy whuh Cheesey you been gone from here dat long.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOLOLOL!!!! Yup! We lived in Pembine for only about 2 years. Then in 1989 my Mom got sick, and we moved back to Milwaukee to take care of her till she passed away.
    My wife and I worked for awhile at the "Mr. Donut" shop up in Iron Mountain Michigan. The pay sucked (REALLY sucked!) but up there ANY job was better then nothing.