Cuts/Trades

Stevelknievel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I know the Pack has only trades for eight players in the last five years, here are my picks. Sorry if this is already a thread, I didn't see a "Cuts" thread on quick glance.

Your opinion?

Packers Cuts: Jarrett Bush; Sam Shields; Breno Giacommini; Donald Lee; Brett Swain; Bryan; Harrell (QB). Cut/Trade? Quinn Johnson; Harrell (DL).

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trades are so tough to predict as you dont know what team has what player ranked high. example Ryan Grant.

Jarrett and Breno are both done for sure I think.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they will let shields go, he has shown up thus far making plays and showing the pack his skills.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I know the Pack has only trades for eight players in the last five years, here are my picks. Sorry if this is already a thread, I didn't see a "Cuts" thread on quick glance.

Your opinion?

Packers Cuts: Jarrett Bush; Sam Shields; Breno Giacommini; Donald Lee; Brett Swain; Bryan; Harrell (QB). Cut/Trade? Quinn Johnson; Harrell (DL).

you wouldnt add Babre to the cut list?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way Shields doesn't make this team.
Did you read his quote after the game? ""The route that they ran, they ran it three times in a row. The first time they threw it, it got batted, so he ran it again, and I got my head around me, and the ball was right there."

He's EXTREMELY raw, yet he's already able to identify offensive trends and adjust accordingly. He's our #4 our #5 best CB. He makes the team.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your opinion?

I think Bush, Giacommini, Chris Bryan, and Babre will all likely leave the team.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Shields starts at NB on opening day (assuming Al Harris doesn't play).

I like Quinn Johnson a lot, but hes not adding the versatility that Kuhn does. Even Korey Hall seems a bit more versatile...for example each year he catches a few passes out of the backfield, something the Pack needs more of. Johnson is a great run blocker, but thats really his only bread and butter at this point. Sadly, if a full back does leave, I think it'll probably be Johnson. But I'd love to see the guy stay!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Shields is on the team. Him practicing with the 1st team special teams units was pretty much the clincher, even before last night's decent play.

I wonder which of our guys could fetch a pick or a player in a trade, from these guys:

Justin Harrell
Donald Lee
Jason Spit
Daryn Colledge
Quinn Johnson

Remember, Trader Ted got a fricking 6th round pick for our long snapper a few years ago, JJ Jansen. If he can get that, for that dude, I would think he could get something decent for some of the guys mentioned above.

I want a decent CB and OLB. I don't like Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood. And the evidence continues to tell me that Tramon Williams is a capable nickelback, but a subpar starter who gets beaten often when playing a lot.

Remember, we were torched WITH Al Harris in the game both times versus Minny last year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knew the Dolphins had an extra decent WR they'd part with?
Who knew the Vikings had an extra decent CB they'd part with?
Well they found a match.

Who here knew in 2007 at this time that the Giants had Ryan Grant as a 4th RB and that we'd trade a pick for him?

I wish we could find out who's pretty stacked at OLB and CB.
I believe Pittsburgh is as stacked as anyone at OLB. I wonder who their #3 & #4 OLB's are.
They utilize TE's and FB's. Heath Miller.
What if Heath went down? I wonder if he's hurt already.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Giaco, Barbre, Bryan, are gone too. I think with 4 quality tight ends who are younger with Donald Lee, I'd like to see them let go of Lee. They might keep him because of loyalty, however. Finley and Havner should be locks and Quarless should be the #3 TE ... he won't make it to PS (doubt Crabtree would either and we could use his blocking). I'm also going to go Johnson over Hall just because hes younger.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Giaco, Barbre, Bryan, are gone too. I think with 4 quality tight ends who are younger with Donald Lee, I'd like to see them let go of Lee. They might keep him because of loyalty, however. Finley and Havner should be locks and Quarless should be the #3 TE ... he won't make it to PS (doubt Crabtree would either and we could use his blocking). I'm also going to go Johnson over Hall just because hes younger.
Lee, in the end, is a more complete TE than any of the other 3. He's a better blocker than Quarless, more athletic and better blocker than Havner, and a better pass catcher than Crabtree.

The ideal scenario is for him to get traded.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I like Lee, but honestly, I love what I've seen out of Quarless so far. Looks like Jermichael Jr. . Imagine what he and Finley could do in some two tight end sets. Try to cover that. You can't.

I'd keep Lee as the #3 TE. But I would get Quarless on the field a lot because dude makes plays.

And you wouldn't get anything for Quinn Johnson or Justin Harrell if you tried to trade them. Someone might give you a 6 or a 7 for Harrell, which you absolutely take, but that might be it.

Members online

Latest posts