Cutler traded to the Bears !

DBLDPACFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm just a little jealous...Cutler reminds me a lot of Favre. I'm sold on A Rod's ability, but not yet on his durability. Cutler's stronger (he did something like 25 reps with 225lbs) and faster that Rogers.

I was never worried about a DE or DT taking out Brett..I mean, the guy was an absolute animal. Arron seems a bit tentative when under pressure...almost like HE's not sure if his body can take a pounding...and you know that wasn't the case with #4!

I suppose only time will tell.

And with the $ unproven first round picks command...and the Teddies abysmal track record in the 1st round...if Cutler lives up to just half the hype coming out of Chicago...I'd say they got their moneys worth.

In the past, scheming for Chicago was as simple as applying pressure...I fear that's not the case anymore.

Reaction score
if strength matters for injuries why do o line and d line people get hurt? and the speed of rodgers are comparable i mean cutler ran a 4.76 in the 40 and rodgers ran a 4.74. Also rodgers has a cannon not quite as strong as cutler but a good arm

DBLDPACFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know, I suppose that lineman take a pounding on every play...where as QB's don't

I guess flexibility plays a significant roll in avoiding injuries also...look at RBs and LBrs pre-game streching ritual.

When was the last time you saw a D-Lineman or O-Lineman stretch...other than for another doughnut:)

Reaction score
yah that's probably the reason for more and less injuries i mean some people are just injury prone like clintion portis that due has broken so many bones its not even funny. Rodgers used to be like that but last year he manned up and played hard. :)

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talking to a Broncos fan other day I asked "What about Cutler?"

Answer: He is pretty good, one of the best in the league...but he relys too much on his prime target (in this case, Brandon Marshall) and that makes him throw even in triple coverage and that just kills him.

Well...what is he going to go with the teddies? He will see Hester and think "Who the hell am I going to pass now?"

Just compare which offense is better (between Broncos and bears).

RB - Ok, I'll give that one to Forté. But the Broncos had like...six RB last season.
WR - Broncos (Can't even compare this item...Marshall + Royal + Stockley against Hester + Davies + who?)
TE - Broncos (Schefler could be injury prone, but he's better than olsen)
OL - Broncos (Just 11 sacks last year against 27 from duh bears and 30+ from us - our OL last season was just a penalty machine)

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunshine885500 said:
Only time will tell, but I would have given up that many premium picks just because he made the Pro Bowl one year. Anybody remember Javon Walker. One year of success doesn't automatically make a guy a superstar.

Walker's breakout year everyone recalls in '04 but I recall his '03 numbers were the best on the team, even as the 3rd WR. He scored more TDs (9) than DD & Fergie combined. He proved he should have been starting ahead of Fergie all season. He was becoming #4's go-to guy by mid '03. Remember the Raiders' game after Big Irv passed?

I agree that Cutler to the Bears is a curious addition given the history of the current coach's philosophy. However, it doesn't hurt to have a guy that can get it to anyone, anywhere on the field. Maybe, just maybe this is their attempt to expand Lovie's playbook.

The GB-CHI rivalry didn't need much more than a time & place to play for fans to get fired up for a contest. With this new twist big-time offense could be just the thing to make this the best rivalry in the NFC, now that DAL-PHI has lost its luster. Gotta give the nod for best rivalry to PIT-BAL.

Reaction score
it will be an upgrade for the bears no doubt but dont expect cutler to have his last years numbers not even close and dont expect them to just snap and be crushing people i dont even know how they got 9 wins last year. they have one of the most luckiest defenses ive ever seen

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
danielchile said:

Answer: He is pretty good, one of the best in the league...but he relys too much on his prime target (in this case, Brandon Marshall) and that makes him throw even in triple coverage and that just kills him.

Well...what is he going to go with the teddies? He will see Hester and think "Who the hell am I going to pass now?"

RB - Ok, I'll give that one to Forté. But the Broncos had like...six RB last season.
WR - Broncos (Can't even compare this item...Marshall + Royal + Stockley against Hester + Davies + who?)
OL - Broncos (Just 11 sacks last year against 27 from duh bears and 30+ from us - our OL last season was just a penalty machine)
I'd give TE to the Bears. Olsen + Des Clark > Scheffler. And i've often heard the Broncos O-Line was terrible last year, most people i've seen on ESPN are crediting the 11 sacks not to the O-Line, but to Cutler's escapability. I don't have enough knowledge of the Broncos to know if that's true, but the people on ESPN are smarter than I on these matters.

Let's not forget that Cutler only has 1 career loss when his D gives up less than 20. Denver's D was terrible, Chicago's is not.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
11 times last year the Packers gave up 20 or more points..Packers are 2-9 in those games

5 times last year, the Packers gave up 19 points or less...they were 4-1 in those games.

Reaction score
Jess said:
danielchile said:

I'd give TE to the Bears. Olsen + Des Clark > Scheffler. And i've often heard the Broncos O-Line was terrible last year, most people i've seen on ESPN are crediting the 11 sacks not to the O-Line, but to Cutler's escapability. I don't have enough knowledge of the Broncos to know if that's true, but the people on ESPN are smarter than I on these matters.

Let's not forget that Cutler only has 1 career loss when his D gives up less than 20. Denver's D was terrible, Chicago's is not.

rodgers is a very good mobile qb maybe not as fast or agile and he got sacked 34 times

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Ryan Clady was a monster at LT last year. Better than Clifton or whichever guy duh bears had. And Orlando Pace will be awful for teddies.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. Major upgrade from Clifton. Cutler is going to have a hard time staying upright behind that line. Besides he is a pretty boy who doesn't like to get his feelings hurt. Hit him in the mouth and he will clam up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts