1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Cutler traded to the Bears !

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by wizard 87, Apr 2, 2009.

1. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
  2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    yeah, posted this on nfl news. like I said, doesn't make life easier...

3. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    This makes getting that defense up to par even MORE important.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Yeah, but on the sites that I've read, they didn't mention the details. Sending 2 first round picks for him? And with Urlacher getting older, and they don't have an O-line? It'll be though this year, but if things don't go well they just may be in a bad spot...

5. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    But he's very good, and is a bears fan...

6. wizard 87

wizard 87 Packer Addict

Ratings:
    +11
    Remember Jennings was a second round pick ..Driver a seventh there are lethal players past round one..... there Achilles heal was QB.

7. c_mac

c_mac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Rick Mirer had a few good years with Seattle before he went to the Bears. Let's hope that the Bear's quarterback curse continues.

8. DonnieCash

DonnieCash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well its a nice pick up for them and makes our division more competitive which is good. Maybe this will get TT to wake up and be alittle more interesting in depth and start looking at some more FA's.

9. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    dont panic . cutler is good but your going to have to have a wr crew and i dont think devin hester will do it for him, plus there defense is getting old same as o line and there best pick in this draft will be a 2nd round so we should surpass the bears even with this pick up. all we have to do iks fix the defense problems and we should win the division

10. GJ85

GJ85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This makes things interesting for sure

11. Aa-rodg_is_cool

Aa-rodg_is_cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This doesn't scare me at all.. The only people Cutler has to throw to is Forte and Olsen.. Lol and neither of those guys are WRs. yep.. not scurred at all

12. Rodgersfan1985

Rodgersfan1985 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We are goona eat him alive in opening weekend!! I hated cutler because he was a bronco, no I REALLY hate him now lol. And plus he aint goona have a Brandon Marshall type player to throw to

13. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cutler was a good pick up for the bears but, giving up two first round picks, Orton and a third rounder while receiving a fifth seems a bit tooo much.

Denver got the better part of the deal.

14. Diltzy

Diltzy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Carma will bite him. I predict he ends up getting injured. Plus remember. We lead the league in INT's for TD's, and were 3rd in interceptions. I think it's the ground game we need to worry about. That's our weakness, teams used that to their advantage all day last year.

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    ****! Just thought about it! THIS COULD BE AWESOME FOR US! Let's do the math: Denver needs a QB. But not any QB, they need Sanchez. He fits the style that Mcshit runs. But at 12, he won't be there, because if he's at 10, SF will take him. So they need to move up.
    Imagine this: it's our turn, and Sanchez is still there. What happens? We get 12th and 18th! or at least 12th and 48th.

The fact is, we won't get Raji anymore, because of his drug problem. So that leaves Orakpo. If he's there at 9, we take him. But if he's not, at 12 we could get either Brown or Maybin, and get an extra 1st round pick or a pick inside 50. This could be good...

16. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154

agreed i was suprised how much they gave them. At least im happy he went to the bears now if he went to the vikings we would of had some problems. but he didnt so all he can do will be throwing to the te's and running backs for 2 to 3 yard gains i aint scareed of that offense. I also hope orton has a breakout years so the bears fans are like wtf why did we trade for this crap like how bears fans always are cutting up on people o have a bad game or something

17. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    Cutler has a giant arm. This is the year Devin Hester becomes a viable threat, simply because of Cutler's arm. It works both ways, a QB might not be great until getting a great WR, and a WR might not be great until getting a great QB. Plus, I look for them to get someone good to compliment Hester in round two. Probably a big possession receiver. Like was said on the first page, great receivers can be had in round two (Greg Jennings).

I think they quite easily win the North this year. Cutler passes for 3400 and 28 TDs, Forte runs for 1500, and their defense finally doesn't have to win them games like they had to in the past. I love this deal for both teams, but loathe it as a Packers fan. I'd rather he be in Detroit blue.

18. gergobacsi

gergobacsi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Deal!

19. spartacheese520

spartacheese520 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Now I really can't wait for September 13th. This move makes the Sunday Night Football matchup with Duh Bears that much more intriguing.

20. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Don't get your hopes up RS. Odds are high that Denver will trade up with Jacksonville, who also may be considering Sanchez.

I'm not scared of this Cutler thing. In fact if we improve our Defense, it could be fun to watch the turnover machine.

I mean seriously, Chicago couldn't handle the risks Grossman took with the ball. What makes them think Cutler will be any better? Oh, that's right he has that 'franchise' label applied to him. Not buying it, watch him be a bust. ROFL, and as a Packer and Skin fan I will laugh at all the people jumping the shark to have their team give up the farm to get him.

21. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    About the trade, one can dream...
    About Cutler, he's way better than Grossman. But you DO have a point. He throws a lot of ints.

And here's a fun fact: Ron Turner is the offense coordinator of the Bears. He was the coach of the University of Illinois before joining the franchise. And while coaching at Illinois, guess whose high school qb scholarship he rescinded??? THAT'S RIGHT! Jay Cutler's... Guess it won't be a very friendly environment in there...

22. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    That's an interesting Tidbit RS thanks...

23. Onofr1o

Onofr1o Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    MICHAEL JENKINS

24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    ?

25. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    a quarterback with no leadership skills isn't a winning quarterback.