Cut a vet 2019 Edition

H

HardRightEdge

I'm not interested in cutting Williams either, it was just a scenario, one that isn't reality in GB of King being healthy and with some confidence he'd stay that way, it would be a possibility. Neither of the criteria are true though and even with 100% health today and 3 INT's in 15 snaps tonight, I'd still not count on King to stay healthy. Probably not ever again.
Well, like I said, even if everybody is healthy can you say Williams is not the best slot corner on this roster for those 80% of snaps? I don't think there is evidence to say that. Jackson needed to progress and he's been out injured. Tony Brown in the slot, or Brown on the perimeter with Alexander moving to the slot, if Jackson is not up to speed? Those are questionable propositions.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, like I said, even if everybody is healthy can you say Williams is not the best slot corner on this roster for those 80% of snaps? I don't think there is evidence to say that. Jackson needed to progress and he's been out injured. Tony Brown in the slot, or Brown on the perimeter with Alexander moving to the slot, if Jackson is not up to speed? Those are questionable propositions.
Right now, yes Williams is likely the best we have for that spot

But there's a youth movement back there and NEXT year is likely the year it starts to come together in a serious way. I doubt Williams is offering this team much after this year. I'd be for letting the young guys taking their lumps and learning and saving cash for the next round of 2nd contracts.

Reaction score
Right now, yes Williams is likely the best we have for that spot

But there's a youth movement back there and NEXT year is likely the year it starts to come together in a serious way. I doubt Williams is offering this team much after this year. I'd be for letting the young guys taking their lumps and learning and saving cash for the next round of 2nd contracts.
Oddly. I was thinking this exact thing. Let’s get some young blood in here. I’m hoping to see more of Sullivan this preseason. He’s shown to be an instinctive player, I’d like to see him handle a bigger workload.
Let’s put that $ in the bank and go get us another ILB/SS and then resign Martinez now before his $ goes up.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

Right now, yes Williams is likely the best we have for that spot.

You're not going to get 48 for 48 in starts at CB under the best of circumstance. Games will be missed by the starting 3. The bench will get work in those circumstances and in the occasional 4 corner dime.

Another losing season will look like a habit, and that is a big problem. This team needs to take a step back toward competitiveness. You need your best players on the field every week.

If this was a 4-12 team installing a spanking new rookie QB who will be taking his own lumps, then fine, put the other rookies out there to take their own lumps. This is not that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts