1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Custom figures of Bednarik standing over Frank Gifford

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4StarCustoms, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Charlie Conerly, hit Gifford out of the backfield over the middle and Bednarik slammed into him 15 yards downfield, hitting him in the ribs. Gifford's head hit the ground and he immediately lost conciousness.

Chuck Bednarik then stands over a prone Frank Gifford, his right arm high in the air in celebration, a 1960 version of a fist pump. It is was a perfectly legal hit, even by today's far more stringent standards -- a blow to the ribs that was so hard that it knocked Gifford's head to the ground, causing a concussion.

What caused the biggest ruckus was the picture of Bednarik, the Mack Truck, giving the impression, particularly in New York, that he was celebrating the unconscious state of his rival's star player. Celebration. Yes, because Bednarik's teammate Chuck Weber had recovered the ball to clinch the game. Celebrating the injury? No way, says Bednarik.

"I was thinking 'this f---in game is over,'' Bednarik says. "It appears from the picture that I was gloating over him. I wasn't gloating over him. I had no idea he was there.''

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my latest completed commission. Hope you all enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    What an amazing likeness!

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    both are really nice guys.

4. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +221
    That is awesome. Very nice. What's something like that sell for?

5. 4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Well, it was the most expensive piece I've sold to date. Most of my stuff sells for around $100 for a single figure. This was a little more complicated.

6. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Very nice. You've done an incredible job reproducing a truly great moment in sports history.

7. 4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Thank you. I'll just be happy to get back to making a few more Packers. I have an order for a Tramon Willimans & Clarke Hinkle.

Speaking of great moments though, I really want to make Nick Collins celebrating in the endzone from the Super Bowl.

8. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Will that be with the yellow flag or without the yellow flag. I know they had to throw it because it is the rule when a player goes to two knees, but it wasn't nearly as "excessive" as many an end zone celebration I have seen.

9. Matty Flynn

Matty Flynn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42
    Wow, those are really nice. How do you even do that?

10. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I'm kind of surprised there wasn't some comment here wondering where the Matt Flynn likeness is. You must be slipping Matty.