Current packer hofers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what current players do you envision making the packers HOF? Obviously Matthews jordy Rodgers and Crosby

Someone like Kuhn seems like a likely candidate as well

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RODGERS has one foot in, has to keep things up another 4 years or so. Crosby....Nope. Jordy ....not likely. Mathews is hot stuff for Green Bay fans but unless he steps things up and maintains it for several more years...I don't see it. Kuhn? Never even makes a ballot. One name not mentioned who most likely IS headed in....Julius Peppers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
**pakers hall**

yes I am pretty sure all make it..Kuhn is vital part of the team..Some will not understand...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RODGERS has one foot in, has to keep things up another 4 years or so. Crosby....Nope. Jordy ....not likely. Mathews is hot stuff for Green Bay fans but unless he steps things up and maintains it for several more years...I don't see it. Kuhn? Never even makes a ballot. One name not mentioned who most likely IS headed in....Julius Peppers.

I don't think 1 season will get peppers into the packers HOF
Crosby will retire with the most points in franchise history. So pretty much a lock
Jordy you don't see getting in? Wow

Kuhn has enough years in that he should be considered

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8 seasons as a fan favorite seems to do the trick. I'm surprised you seem so shocked at the idea.

Exactly. Fan favorite. Doesn't make him one of the best Packers to play. He's formidable. That's about it. If it wasn't for his name, I don't even know if he'd still be a Packer.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Fan favorite. Doesn't make him one of the best Packers to play. He's formidable. That's about it. If it wasn't for his name, I don't even know if he'd still be a Packer.

William Henderson is in and I would say Kuhn's numbers are arguably better depending on how you feel about FB numbers

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William Henderson is in and I would say Kuhn's numbers are arguably better depending on how you feel about FB numbers

You're right. A bit behind on the receiving yards, but par on overall touchdowns basically, and he has time. Henderson was a much better blocker though. And this even less of a full back era than what Henderson was in.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Big difference between Packer HOF and NFL HOF. The list above looks pretty complete for guys who should make it on their current credentials, but I would probably add Sitton.

Plenty of young guys like Cobb and Burnett that fall into the 'possibly someday but too soon to tell' category.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn shouldn't be surprising to anyone. Big difference between Packer HOF and NFL HOF. The list above looks pretty complete for guys who should make it on their current credentials, but I would probably add Sitton.

Plenty of young guys like Cobb and Burnett that fall into the 'possibly someday but too soon to tell' category.

The whole offensive line could make it if things go well the next couple of years tbh

Canadian Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some ticket takers and Janitors are possible Packer Hall of Famers - not that there's anything wrong with doing those jobs.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some ticket takers and Janitors are possible Packer Hall of Famers - not that there's anything wrong with doing those jobs.
They do recognize contributors to the franchise as well as fans. I think your statement is a bit demeaning to the packers hofers though

Canadian Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion is that it's too easy to get into the Packer Hall of Fame.
Of the 147 inducted into the Packer HOF, only 22 of those have been inducted into the Pro Football HOF.
I just believe that the criteria should be tougher.

They say that the baseball HOF is the toughest one to get in to.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt that Canadian Packer Fan was intentional trying to demean any Packers HOFers. I laughed because he made a point even before having to spell it out. The criteria are less stringent. I think when AKcheese said "Packers HOF .... Yeah probably all of them" it set the table for this discussion.

I'm fine with having a lower bar for a team's own HOF. It's recognizing the special players on our teams. All of them were special in one way or another, unless they let Jeff Query in... :rolleyes:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the 147 inducted into the Packer HOF, only 22 of those have been inducted into the Pro Football HOF.

It almost impossible if you don't play baseball.

Seriously the team HOFs are for the fans. By that I mean many players start their careers with a dream or a goal of being in the NFL HOF but I doubt many of them have the goal of being in the teams HOF. At least not at the start of their career. It should be A LOT easier to get into them than the NFL HOF.

As far as current players Rodgers is in, Nelson is in, Kuhn is in, Matthews is in. Burnett is probably close if not in already, Lacy and Cobb need 2 more years like they had and they are probably in. It may take 3 but I think 2 will do it simply because of the high profile. After all Freeman and Levens are in. Crosby is in, Sitton should be close if not in.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Its great for someone like DD who will never make the HOF but clearly deserves the recognition of being a great player for the franchise.

Canadian Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, back pedaling with just 11 posts......didn't mean the comment to be "demeaning."
It was meant to shed light on how easy it really is to get in to the Packer HOF.

Around these parts, we use to joke that Justin Harrell got considered at one point.
Tongue in cheek......

H

HardRightEdge

22 posts and nobody mentioned Hawk. I find that to be an interesting lack of perspective, if understandable in this "what have you not done for me lately" business.

I was never much of a Hawk fan, particularly from 2011 on when he became a business decision player.

But the team advertised him as the Packers all-time leading tackler and he was the defensive leader of a championship defense.

If one looks at the 250 names, give or take, on the list of Packer HOFers, it's not a particularly high bar. The basic qualification in the above paragraph certainly merit serious consideration.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
22 posts and nobody mentioned Hawk. I find that to be an interesting lack of perspective, if understandable in this "what have you not done for me lately" business.

I was never much of a Hawk fan, particularly from 2011 on when he became a business decision player.

But the team advertised him as the Packers all-time leading tackler and he was the defensive leader of a championship defense.

If one looks at the 250 names, give or take, on the list of Packer HOFers, it's not a particularly high bar. The basic qualification in the above paragraph certainly merit serious consideration.

Might be that he doesn't fit the definition of the thread?

H

HardRightEdge

Might be that he doesn't fit the definition of the thread?
We are talking about the Pack HOF, right? That's the subject of many of the posts.

If Kuhn and Crosby can be considered without protest, so too should Hawk. I gave a few good reasons why that's the case.

I brought up the point to illustrate the bitterness toward Hawk based on recent performance to the exclusion of the body of work. Longevity, reliability and a season or two of high productivity, seem to be the basic qualifications:

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/hall-of-famers.html

I'll correct myself in saying there are 150, not 250, guys in the PHOF. In examining the list, I would reiterate that the bar is not particularly high.

Members online

Latest posts