Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:cry: I was wondering how far Favre would get if GB was under the control of one, Mr. Lombardi? Think all of this maybe I will and maybe I won't hassle would have lasted about three minutes with Mr. Lombardi. And I can't ever recall Bart Starr doing anything similar to this when he was leading the Pack to those Super Bowls and Championships. He played with whomever Lombardi put on the field. Oh Well! NFL football has become the sport of the dilettants these days and playing indoors so they don't have to get their clothing all wet and muddy. Can't have the weather mess up the game plans. Guess I'm way too old for this modern game!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get real, Brett is not HOLDING OUT! He is taking his time deciding on his future. TT can cut him at any time. Again, you are blaming Brett for something that is not his fault. If TT wants a decision that bad than he can issue a date. Noone is concerned besides you media fueled puppets.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If Lombardi was HC/GM this would be an issue...

(because you KNOW that he would field a team that was competitive....)

TT and Sherman are no Vince Lombardi's.....

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
If Lombardi was HC/GM this would be an issue...

(because you KNOW that he would field a team that was competitive....)

TT and Sherman are no Vince Lombardi's.....

But then again, who in today's NFL is? It's unfair to compare anyone to Lombardi, for the fact that Lombardi did amazing things. If you are expecting another Lombardi, you are in for a dissapointment.

At the same time, if you keep measuring everyone to the standard of Lombardi, you will NEVER find anyone good enough for the Packers.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about how Lombardi handled Hornung.

If you didn't know the real story, you would have thought that there is no way Lombardi would put up with Hornung's gig...

Lombardi would have loved Brett Favre.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is Crazy!

Why are you guys making this a TT vs Brett thing?

One side says Brett is doing the right thing, the other says TT is.

I did not know that these 2 were in some sort of battle. I am sure TT wants a decision but he is not pressing Brett. I am sure Brett would like to know himself if he was ready to call it quits or not. It seems everyone here looks at this in a black and white,one side or the other manner.

I support Brett, not against TT , but against where the real conflict lies, the battle between the media and puppet fans.

I have never seen fans FABRICATE such a story where there is no storyline. You guys are like Mother Friggin' Goose.

Everything is fine in Packer land. Either Brett will come back or we will move on. TT has made some great signings this off-season. Bashing TT because we did not get Vinitieri or Moulds is insane.

I just don't get how people can look at this off-season and say we did not improve our team dramatically. We lost Flanny, and I was hoping he would get resigned but it's not like he was some sort of 10 time pro bowler. He was getting up there in age, injuries were starting to take a toll, and he played less than spectacular last year. Signing him would have been just as big of a risk as banking we can get someone in the draft or FA. I will defend TT just as well as Brett.

Folks, this TT vs Brett Tug of War is being fueled by YOU. Quit blaming Brett, quit blaming TT and blame yourselves and big mouths like Stuart Scott and Mark Chmura.

And......For gods sake MS is gone. What you think about him has little relevance. You are not going to change yesterday but you can support tommorrow.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
This is Crazy!

Why are you guys making this a TT vs Brett thing?

One side says Brett is doing the right thing, the other says TT is.

I did not know that these 2 were in some sort of battle. I am sure TT wants a decision but he is not pressing Brett. I am sure Brett would like to know himself if he was ready to call it quits or not. It seems everyone here looks at this in a black and white,one side or the other manner.

I support Brett, not against TT , but against where the real conflict lies, the battle between the media and puppet fans.

I have never seen fans FABRICATE such a story where there is no storyline. You guys are like Mother Friggin' Goose.

Everything is fine in Packer land. Either Brett will come back or we will move on. TT has made some great signings this off-season. Bashing TT because we did not get Vinitieri or Moulds is insane.

I just don't get how people can look at this off-season and say we did not improve our team dramatically. We lost Flanny, and I was hoping he would get resigned but it's not like he was some sort of 10 time pro bowler. He was getting up there in age, injuries were starting to take a toll, and he played less than spectacular last year. Signing him would have been just as big of a risk as banking we can get someone in the draft or FA. I will defend TT just as well as Brett.

Folks, this TT vs Brett Tug of War is being fueled by YOU. Quit blaming Brett, quit blaming TT and blame yourselves and big mouths like Stuart Scott and Mark Chmura.

And......For gods sake MS is gone. What you think about him has little relevance. You are not going to change yesterday but you can support tommorrow.

The Single best post I've read since joining the forum.. Great Post!! 8)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Porky, By the way love the Avatar. Driver is awesome. If all GB players had the same integrity as him we would not see J-Walk holding out and people not busting thier humps!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't compare the football players from the 60's to the overpaid premadonna's of today. Back then, players had to take summer jobs to make a living. And i THINK it was Dave Hanner that walked into Lombardi's office demanding a raise, and was traded shortly after.
Today, you have T.O, Moss and now walker, who think the WORLD revolves around them.......that a team can't POSSIBLY win without their greatness on the field. It disgusts me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
You can't compare the football players from the 60's to the overpaid premadonna's of today. Back then, players had to take summer jobs to make a living. And i THINK it was Dave Hanner that walked into Lombardi's office demanding a raise, and was traded shortly after.
Today, you have T.O, Moss and now walker, who think the WORLD revolves around them.......that a team can't POSSIBLY win without their greatness on the field. It disgusts me.

well said, old man, well said! :)

the whole situation saddens me.

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:-? For pyledriver,
Been watching and backing the pack long time before you had your *** out of diapers! AS an owner albeit small, of the GB organization, I still have enough common sense to be able to call it as I see it. And I believe; to express a wonder about the present set-up is well within my purview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts