Curious Trade Idea

VAPAckerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think trading Rodgers is the right idea. This draft has loads of rb and evening trading up to grab a rb is bad idea. I think Slaton, Rice, Smith and maybe Mendenhall should all be around by the time the packers pick in the late 1st round.

I would like the Packers to pick CB or Safety or even a G or OT. I think Safety and O-line help is our biggest weakness right now. I think we need a good cover Safety since we already got that knock out punch type in Bigby. I would be happy with a cb pick to groom under Harris and Woodson and be ready to take over in 2 to 3 years. O-line help would be nice since both our starting tackles are in there 30's. Our G's are young and getting better every game but they lack something in the running game. Getting a O-linemen who likes to put D-linemen on there butt is much needed help.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft a CB in the first round. OT in second. OG in third. Safety fourth. Te 5th, CB 6th, and rb 7th.

Didn't we lose our 6th?

Sounds good. I guess 4th would be generic DB, who can play CB or S.

Maybe a 7th will be a QB to challenge Nall.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
There may not be even 1.

And that's reason enough to not do this trade.

To invest 35+ million guaranteed into one player in the hopes that he will an AP type RB is bad investing.

It will probably cost more than that. More like 55 plus million for McFadden. Not a bright idea. Its why the bad teams stay bad, because they strap their salary cap with unproven rookies. They make more than anyone on their team, usually arent all they're hyped up to be. Plus, running game is all about O=lineman anyway.

NEXT

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is likely the Packers will pick O-line or DB in the first round.

We don't need the first overall pick for those two positions...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
all about da packers said:
There may not be even 1.

And that's reason enough to not do this trade.

To invest 35+ million guaranteed into one player in the hopes that he will an AP type RB is bad investing.

It will probably cost more than that. More like 55 plus million for McFadden. Not a bright idea. Its why the bad teams stay bad, because they strap their salary cap with unproven rookies. They make more than anyone on their team, usually arent all they're hyped up to be. Plus, running game is all about O=lineman anyway.

NEXT

If rumors prove to be true.. the Cowboys are looking to move up early in the draft to snag McFadden, Jones has it bad for the Arkansas star it is reported.

Personally I hope he tries to pull off this trade, rumor being thrown around is the Cowboys 2 1st rounders and Barber in exchange for the Fins #1 overall. I would laugh my behind off if he does this trade.. not only will he draft the biggest bust in the draft as far as position drafted, but he will have given up the "Barber-ain". Makes no sense, but I believe the Jones will want McFadden badly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts