Cure to OL Troubles?

GoPackGo!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's looking like Mark Tauscher is going to come back and play some more for the Pack and if Clifton makes it back for the Lions game do you think that will cure their offense? I know Lions probably won't bring that much pass rush but other teams will. I really hope it will lessen the number of sacks.

Did you know?

Last year when Tauscher and Clifton played they allowed only 21 sacks for 15 games. Now after only 4 games without those Tauscher and Clifton the Pack OL has already allowed 23 sacks. RIDICULOUS! :shock:

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there are a few factors with Tauscher ,, is he in football shape ??? im geussing no ... they say he is rehabing well ,, so he may be ready to play ... then you have clifton ?? there are more than a few questions going on here ... however i myself would feel better with Tauscher and clifton ... somthing has to change

hansel13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers needs to get rid of the ball a bit quicker. The OL sucks, but there were a couple of sacks where he waited too long.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers needs to get rid of the ball a bit quicker. The OL sucks, but there were a couple of sacks where he waited too long.
I think our O-line needs to be more physical. Knock chumps out, LeGarrette Blount style. :icon_razz:

Intentional LeGarrette Blount joke out of the way, I seriously question our line's ability to block rush ends. I don't know if I was the only one to notice, but it seemed like Jared Allen was halfway to Rodgers by the time Colledge got out of his stance. He just isn't quick enough. Frankly, none of them are quick enough. We need more athletes that can actually sort of keep up with the speed that most teams have coming off the ends.

OP
OP
GoPackGo!

GoPackGo!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I agree. Most of the sacks against the Vikings like 5 or 6 were because of the sucky OLine and 2 or 3 were because he held the ball for too long. They got this quick pass thing going on and it's good but look what happens when someone isn't open right away.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Rodgers wasn't holding onto the ball or having happy feet. When you've been hit 50+ times in 4 games, you kind of change the way you approach the rush. He sometimes throw the ball too fast because his mental clock is shorter. But when he sees there's a rush, he doesn't throw the ball away, fearing that he might fumble or throw a pick before he can get rid of it.

Of course, he should overcome this anyway, but then again, he has played only 20 games in the NFL...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you will see any noticeable impact from Tauscher being back at least not right away. I think it will be too late when he does start to contribute because when he gets back into playing shape we hit the meat of the schedule.

MilwaukeePackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 Be Honest There Probably Is No Cure For The Offensive Line This Season Sad 2 Say. Great Or Even Pretty Good O-Line Men Are Hard 2 Find Even During The Offseason. They Seem 2 Stick With A Team Forever. Tausher Will Help Some And Clifton Will Help Some But Even With The O-Line All Healthy They Are A Bad Offensive Line. Bottom Line. This Should Have Been A Concern Years Ago. They Still Have Not Address This. They Have Addressed Other Aspects And Those Positions Have Improved. It Takes A Long Time To Mold An All Around Good Team. Maybe The Super Bowl Run Wont Come Until 2010 Which Sucks. Maybe They Will Get A Clue And Start Peaking. Who Knows Only Time Will Tell. Maybe We Can Be Like The Cowboys Or Giants And Pay What Seems Like A Billion Dollars And Have All The Best Players But Hell That Doesn't Always Work Ask The 08-09 Dallas Cowboys!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
We can always start doing what the Dallas O-line does when they are getting beat in a game... go for the knees, leg whip, trip (A Flozell specialty), hold, and play dirty as hell (A la, 95 Championship game).

The4uto

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True that rodgers did hold onto the ball too long on a few plays, but I would rather have him take a sack for a 5-8 yd loss than a INT any day.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True that rodgers did hold onto the ball too long on a few plays, but I would rather have him take a sack for a 5-8 yd loss than a INT any day.
The thing with that is it ends up being a punt anyhow when you are facing a 3rd and 17 which is makes it even more likely for another sack. INT's can be taken back to the house but sacks still can kill a drive.

Members online

Latest posts