Culpepper out

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
High draft choice next year with new coaches and GM. I'm already excited! Go Vikes!

LOL here comes the "The vikes are going to the SB" talk already :) I know it starts early as a Vikes fan, but we aren't even talking playoffs yet this year... :p

OP
OP
V

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
vikefan said:
High draft choice next year with new coaches and GM. I'm already excited! Go Vikes!

LOL here comes the "The vikes are going to the SB" talk already :) I know it starts early as a Vikes fan, but we aren't even talking playoffs yet this year... :p
I never, ever, mention Super Bowl. But,yeah, I'm looking forward to next year for reasons mentioned. But, hey Brad is going to rally the troups this year and I'm thinking 8-8. He's a vet and can get the pass out quick and right now might be a better fit for this offense THIS YEAR ONLY.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just flippin ya some crap vike, it's all good. Sure sucks to see your starter go down like that when they are pretty much sure he is done for the year. Perhaps Brad can do something and rally the Vikes, it may give the fans some new hope with the "new" blood.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's official:

From NFL.com:

Culpepper out for season with knee injury

NFL.com wire reports

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (Oct. 31, 2005) -- Minnesota Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper will miss the rest of the season and perhaps part of next season because of a severe injury to his right knee.

Culpepper sustained damage to the three major ligaments in the knee: the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral.

Coach Mike Tice said that Culpepper, who was hurt on the final play of the first quarter in Sunday's 38-13 loss at Carolina, will have surgery in the coming weeks once the swelling subsides.

Recovery from such injuries can take up to a year. "He has a long rehab ahead," Tice said.

The Vikings (2-5) will use veteran Brad Johnson as their starter, with Shaun Hill moving up to backup status.

Culpepper, bothered with a sprained MCL and bursitis in his knee this season, was hit low and from the side by Panthers cornerback Chris Gamble while scrambling for a first down.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm not sold on Brad Johnson for this year's Vikes team. He doesn't always get the ball out quick and the line doesn't give anytime whatsoever. Culpepper was able to use his legs to create successful downs. I'm not sure what Brad Johnson will be able to do. The lack of a QB that can run and the lack of a downfield passing threat will be a disaster for the Vikings. The Packers and Vikings will have to retool for next season and take over the division #1 and #2 for the next 12 years again...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Sorry but I'm not sold on Brad Johnson for this year's Vikes team.

i don't think Vike fans are sold on Brad Johnson, i don't think Brad is sold on Brad Johnson. he's a great QB if you have the best defense in the league though :wink:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
NDPackerFan said:
Sorry but I'm not sold on Brad Johnson for this year's Vikes team.

i don't think Vike fans are sold on Brad Johnson, i don't think Brad is sold on Brad Johnson. he's a great QB if you have the best defense in the league though :wink:

I don't know about you guys - but I think with that front line - BJ could show everyone something.