Cullen Jenkins

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Product of the 4 game win streak last year..... where has he been, he tore it up in the preseason and i havnt heard his name this year. He has just one sack , we gave this guy a **** load of money

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The $15 million deal includes a signing bonus of around $6 million and will pay Jenkins $6.8 million in 2007

damn thats a lot of money for one sack

Reaction score
he hasnt been healthy? psssh

I'm not sure why you would say that.

Every coach seems to be saying Jenkins is injured, and the injuries are hampering him. He's been missing practices to get treatment, a ton of treatment. Unless you are someone close to Jenkins, then I'll take the coaches words over your concerns.

Players are limited in what they can do (and the numbers they can put up) when being injured. I think it says a heck of a lot abotu Jenkins that he's been able to play injured, someone who is toughing it out.

Jenkins toughing it out has allowed us to have a RE that can actually play the run just as well as the pass. Don't go too much by a single stat, things like pressures and double teams would be much more prudent in judging how effective Jenkins has been.

Also, I'm sure the 6.8 million dollars Jenkins EARNED would have been better spent by getting a FB that didn't want to come here (Griffith) or a RB that is staring a 1 year ban in the face (Travis Henry).

No that money wouldn't have been better spent.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins was an undrafted rookie free agent that worked his butt off to get that pay day. I highly doubt he would just cruise after getting that nice contract and not play hard. Doesn't fit his character.

Let him get healthy. Our d-line has been awesome.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The $15 million deal includes a signing bonus of around $6 million and will pay Jenkins $6.8 million in 2007

Dammit!! I missed the whole 2007 season?! Damn, where the hell have I been, I keep thinking that the season's not even halfway done!

But hey, what do I know? I was one of the 47 of people in Gameday Chat telling Brennan not to panic after one quarter of play against the Redskins. He was screaming (yes, SCREAMING) about the season, not just the game being lost already. And look how that turned out? I guess premature absolutism is a good thing?...

packers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jenkins hasnt been disappointing in the least... wait until he's even 90% before u say anything negative about him.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He only has one sack but he's been excellent against the run. He's also tied for the team lead in pass deflections at the line and he's tied with Barnett in tackles for loss.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're only as valuable as your stats say you are...apparently. Laughable.

Exactly,...people who make posts such as this do not understand the concept that defensive players have specific job on the field. Defense is not just a bunch of wildmen attacking the ball. For instance a DT can have a great game with zero tackles if he maintains his gap responsiblity and/or demands a double team. Using brennan1884's logic Al Harris sucks this year and is overpaid because he does not have any interceptions.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Dammit!! I missed the whole 2007 season?! Damn, where the hell have I been, I keep thinking that the season's not even halfway done!

But hey, what do I know? I was one of the 47 of people in Gameday Chat telling Brennan not to panic after one quarter of play against the Redskins. He was screaming (yes, SCREAMING) about the season, not just the game being lost already. And look how that turned out? I guess premature absolutism is a good thing?...

Yeah, I remember that well. And considering my Sopcast is 10 minutes behind real time, I'm using the people watching it live as my borameter. All I can say is I'm sorry I missed the last 3/4's of the 2007 season. :roll:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're only as valuable as your stats say you are...apparently. Laughable.
Uh oh.............Trom......what are MY stats??? I don't know!!! HELP!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts