Cullen Jenkins out for SEASON

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
This one hurts....time for Justin Harrell to earn his money.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man this is BS. wish we had williams still. we need to trade or do something to get another d linemen. jenkins was doing really good so far to ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought much of Williams. He isn't setting the world on fire over in Cleveland this season. Unfortunately Harrell can't come back off the PUP list until after the bye week. Yike. :(

b_mckendry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell still has to more weeks before he can come off the unable to perform list. This really hurts us. Remember when we were really deep at Defensive Line?

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
I never thought much of Williams. He isn't setting the world on fire over in Cleveland this season. Unfortunately Harrell can't come back off the PUP list until after the bye week. Yike. :(

doesn't matter if you thought much of him or not he was productive and we could use him right now. plus hes on a new team and I think they might run a 34 defense.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like the football gods are trying their very best to f up the packers season as dast as possible. i think the steelers RB situation is even better than this.

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shoulda kept Muir or whatever his name was.. I think the colts picked him up right away it would be nice to have him now..

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams was only productive in spot duty when he was in GB but he wasn't all that effective when he was asked to be a full time starter. But yes, it would be nice to have him here right now. 20/20 hindsight I guess. I don't know much about the fella they signed today who played in Jax the last 2 seasons...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well since TT is the god of picking talant ,,, im sure the guy we need is right on the bench ,,, just waiting to play ... dont worry im sure somone will step up ...

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
Williams was only productive in spot duty when he was in GB but he wasn't all that effective when he was asked to be a full time starter.

Harrell was any better? Why is he still in GB & not Williams? Williams was a good run-stopping DE & excellent pass-rushing DT. He was great when used in that capacity. Once Cole & Jolly were done in '07 Williams was placed into unfamiliar territory (for him) as a run-stuffing DT. His body was conditioned for agility & quickness, not clogging the middle.

The coaches created a rotational D-line scheme in which Corey Williams & the D as a whole excelled. TT has shown he's trying to morph into a more dominant style of DT play & less situational. I'm sure back in the off-season he envisioned Pickett alongside Harrell, Jolly or Cole on early downs, with any of the latter getting in more during the 2nd half of games, Kampman & Jenkins maintaining the outside on early downs & KGB in passing situations with Jenkins staying rested for some inside work if needed later on in games.

There was no longer room for Williams from TT's perspective, especially at the price he was demanding. It seemed to me that it was a sound strategy to have so many able bodies ready to step in. I'm sure Harrell is supposed to be the one stepping up to make the Williams trade look like a wise choice. Now the Jenkins injury is cause for major concern as evidenced by the immediate pick-up of a street FA (Pettway).

To me it's just another gamble by TT that isn't paying off.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts