Cudi Mock 1.0

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ran it through TDN. Not sure how realistic it would be but here goes.

Round 1a:
Drake London WR USC
IMO London is the best and most complete WR in this class. I like Wilson a lot but I thought he was a 2nd round player for his lack of size. I personally would never take a 1st round WR that isnt taller than 6'. Gutey seems to like taller receivers and I agree. London is a bigger receiver with unique YAC ability. He kind of reminds me a bit of Vincent Jackson. He definitely has a fatal flaw which is concentration drops but you can really do anything with him from screens, to go routes, to anything else to utilize his size. I think had he not gotten hurt he was a top 10 pick.

Round 1b:
David Ojabo DE Michigan
Much like how I felt about Jeffery Simmmons, this is a top 10 talent at a discounted rate. He shouldnt be available but he is. The team willing to lose a few meaningless games of his development for a career of potentially athletic dominance will be the genious. Ojabo is a freak off the edge and though I am usually afraid to go after guys who benefit from the success of their own team (Hutchinson) Ojabo is a very talented player in his own right.

Round 2a:
Roger McCreary CB Aubrun
Pickens got taken one pick before me. Unfortunate. McCreary is a very good CB that can play any scheme insie or out. Ideally I think as a slot CB he would excel. I think it gives a ton of versatility and flexibility to our defense. If a team has a dominant slot CB you can play Alexander inside and Douglas and Stokes outside. If a team has a dominant boundary player you keep Alexander outside and play McCreary in the slot while Douglas can play the dime safety role. McCreary has solid athleticism to go with good coverage but his tackling ability I think would shine in the slot. Just overall a very good player who can also contribute to STs.

Round 2b:
Sean Ryhan OT UCLA
Ryhan is the Bruins LT and some expect he may play OG at the next level. I disagree. I think he can absolutely play OT on either side but I do agree he would excel at OG. I think he has really good technique as a pass blocker. He lacks that elite wingspan you see from OTs but makes up for it with strength, footwork, and strong hands. I think potentially he is a pro bowl level LG at his peak and at worst a very balanced player.

Round 3:
Jeremy Ruckert TE OSU
I really like Ruckert. I have to be careful with OSU TEs because they get close to no value on their teams besides blocking and occasional seam routes. Ruckert I think is an experienced blocker with really good size for the next level. His hands and concentration are incredible. I do believe he will become a much better pro than college player if he goes to a Shannanhan offense that will utilize all of a TEs skills. That being said he will likely need to improve as a route runner. He has very limited experience needing to get open on skill alone. Most of the time hes getting open on play action and or playing off the talent around him.

Round 4a:
Bo Melton WR Rutgers
This is purely a STs move. Melton is going to be a next level returner. A few years ago I wanted Duvernay of the Ravens because I thought he would be the best returner in the league. A few years later Duvernay was all pro. I dont think Melton is the player Duvernay is but I do think hes a playmaker. He can be the jet sweep player, returner, and vital on kick coverage with his elite speed. As a WR I expect very little outside of being a field stretcher.

Round 4b:
Matt Henningson DT Wisconsin
I love Henningson as an interior DL. Hes a leader on and off the field with a relentless motor and production. I think hes a good replacement for Lowry a year from now. He might not be ready now but I think he can be a viable rotational player from day one on the DL. Possibly pushes Heflin out of the rotation.

Round 5:
Justyn Ross WR Clemson
This is just a straight up steal and a massive under-rating from TDN for Ross to go in the 5th. I think at the very worst hes a 4th round player. Hes got some injury concerns but this is a high value pick in the later rounds. Ross has the potential of fellow Clemson WR Tee Higgins. Big guy ,good hands, real ability to go up and get the ball over defenders but lacks separation skills. He fits the Gutey mold. Reminds me of an EQ type pick of a WR with elite size going later than he should.

Round 7a:
Ellis Brooks LB PSU
This is pure STs potential. Brooks has 1 year of experience as a LB but is incredibly athletic. He was highly recruited out of HS for multiple sports. He could fill that Oren Burks role of a physical freak you want to try on defense but will be a core STs player for his rookie deal.

Round 7b:
Tyler Vrabel OT BC
Son of Mike Vrabel. He has experience at both LT and RT. Could be the next Njiman. I wouldnt expect much but hes versatile on the outside.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ojabo McCreary and Hennigsen are the only ones I've seen.

Ojabo: Year 2 and forward I think will be a helluva player. Not sure i want to use a 1 on a guy who won't see the field this year.

McCreary: I'm a diehard Auburn fan have been since Bo was there. I wouldn't draft McCreary. To me he's 4th round talent at best.

Henningsen: Love this pick where you drafted him. Might be able to get him later but don't count on it. Good pick!!

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I may be the only one that does not love Drake London. Olave, Watson and Pickens are guys I really like. London looks painfully slow on tape and a bit awkward. Reminds me so much of N'Keal Harry and I am having trouble looking past that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ojabo is off my list due to injury, I won’t spend a one on him now given our two year window essentially with Rodgers. He is a heck of a prospect if he heals well tjo

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be the only one that does not love Drake London. Olave, Watson and Pickens are guys I really like. London looks painfully slow on tape and a bit awkward. Reminds me so much of N'Keal Harry and I am having trouble looking past that.

i'll grant you that he is not a speed or finesse guy, but when i watch this video, he looks a lot more like gronkowski than n'keal.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll grant you that he is not a speed or finesse guy, but when i watch this video, he looks a lot more like gronkowski than n'keal.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The only real knock I have on London is he isn't a speed guy sure, but then show me very crisp good route running and I don't see that. Now his raw skillset is incredible, and his body control, high pointing a ball and his hands are ELITE for a prospect...I just want to see more with his footwork and is why I say Olave and Burks both (very different) are two I'd rather have before London in this draft class.

Members online

Latest posts