Cubs series - and Wrigley

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My son went down to Chicago for yesterday afternoon's game. He had never been to Wrigley Field before. I've never been there myself. He had spent 3 1/2 years in and out of Chicago during a stint at Second City and lurked around the stadium a bit but never got tickets. I was curious how this was going to turn out because he likes causing trouble (I wish his mother hadn't taught him that), for instance after the Pack had pretty much decimated the Bears one year, he gets on stage wearing his Packers' stuff...

So, he scored seats right behind home plate, about 20 rows up and settles in. I asked him how Cubbie fans are reacting to his Brewers regalia and he says that he is surrounded by all REALLY cool Cubs fans. "They're obviously not the same Cubs' fans who drive north to Miller Park", and definitely not the Bears fans I've encountered at Lambeau over the years and, for certain, Soldier Field.

Then, he offered this up. "This place has a really good vibe. I love this place. Baseball is MEANT to be played in this place." This comment surprised me because it sounded like something that would have come out of "Field of Dreams" or "The Natural", stories written by writers who obviously loved and spiritualized the game. My son won't and hasn't watched neither.

Just a neither here nor there post.

Oh...I almost forgot. 7-0!! Nice way to open a series.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Lambeau is a great place to watch football. All of these places are fun but the folks in the seats can ruin it for the rest of us. ;)

Members online

Latest posts