1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cub vs White Sox fight

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4thand26, May 20, 2006.

1. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone see the fight? Was Barett justified in slugging first? Did Mabry get pummeled?

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Barrett has been my favorite Cub for years, and this just cemented it! We may not win the war(or a third of our games), but the cubs won a battle there. My favorite part was when Mike hit AJ and then AJ jogged away like a wuss.

good ol fashion baseball fight.....bringing some heat to the sox\cubs fued. I bet there were a lot of fights at US Cellular field after the game...

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  4. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Cubs May Have Another Loss In The Books, But In Mine I Give Them The Win!!

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Barrett said he was groggy after the hit. he seen big ol AJ(who gets in wild situations) coming at him(AJs bench is BEHIND aj, not TOWARD barrett)

barrett apologized...theyre actually friends, you know. **** happens...

6. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I saw it. cubbies taking out their frustrations on missed chances on the sox. pretty childish if you ask me. Guess mabry got pretty well pummeled.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Geez......with friends like THAT, who needs ENEAMAS!!! (Yes, i wrote that on purpose!)LOLOL!!! :lol:
    I thought the catcher's move was a cheap shot. I bet he's gonna get a BIG fine!

8. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Barrett was so embarassed by being "trucked" by his "friend" that he made an a$$ of himself.

9. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, that seemed a little unjustified. Catchers know that could happen on a given play with someone coming into home. In fact both of them are/were catchers.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup......if you block the plate, you can't be surprised when the guy trys to take you out of the play.

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    it...had nothing to do with being trucked by AJ, it was about AJ going in barretts direction AFTERWARDS(when AJs dugout is behind AJ, not Barrett, although we'd later find out AJ was going for his helmet...but evne that....he walked right towards barrett, not AROUND barrett....shouldnt have done that)

12. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yea I did see that but not sure it deserved a coldcock. He didn't have his hands up.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The guy was walking AROUND the catcher........and his helmet was there. He didn't even SAY anything to the catcher. And he didn't "bump" him when he went for his helmet. The catcher didn't like getting shown up, and sucker punched the guy.

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if by 'around' you mean right at the catcher, and then slightly move at the last second, then yes he went 'around'

and if by 'didn't even say anything' you mean say he was talking as he POUNDED the plate and even admitted to saying something when Barrett grabbed him.

If thats what you mean, then I agree! :)

15. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    what film are you watching dude?

Barrett stands up to get off of the ground and closes the gap between the two players. AJ turns his shoulders inside to avoid bumping into to him. Barrett suckerpunches him.

seems pretty clear on the video that your boy was in the wrong...no?

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    yeah that was pretty wrong.

barrett grabs AJ before barrett is completely standing, cuz AJ was coming in his direction.