1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cris Carter robbed...notify the police

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Vikeman, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    2nd all time in almost every receiving category and this guy isn'y a first time ballot? Anyone disagree...or can explain to me how?

2nd most receptions
    6th most receiving yards
    2nd most touchdowns.
    12 straight pro bowls
    Basically 2nd best career of a wide receiver after Jerry Rice.

2. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Even as a Bears fan, I totally agree.

This is pretty bad too:

Richard Dent DE (83-97)

137 sacks
    8 int
    1 safety
    1 td
    13 fr
    4 time probowl selection
    5 time all-pro
    superbowl MVP

Fred Dean DE (75-85)

28 sacks
    1 int
    1 td
    0 safety
    13 fr
    4 time probowler
    4 time all-pro

WTF? This is total bull$hit!

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    For Chris Carter... I agree that he belongs in the hall, but until Art Monk is elected I don't know how Carter could make it. Monk was the best reciever of his time, period.

4. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, Monk is long overdue but did they really need 3 Redskins in this season(coach Thomas, WTF?)
    I think it's because of the Sean Taylor(R.I.P.) inncident

I also think that the media lovefest for the 18-0 Patriots dynasty helped Tippett( who is deserving) get in over some of the others that were deserving as well.

Chris Carter, Derrick Thomas and Richard Dent should all get in next season, but probably won't. :(

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree Vikeman........he SHOULD be in there.
    So should Jerry Kramer in my view. I think the only reason Kramer hasn't made it is there are so many Packers from the 60's in the hall already. But he DESERVES it, as does Carter.

6. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Monk is LONG overdue.

Carter will make it, but I think the whole "first ballot" and "unanimously voted" things really means squat.

I was reading about a writer who has a vote for baseball HOF candidates, and he says he will never allow a player to be unanimously voted into the HOF. He said that if guys like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams weren't unanimously voted in, then no one should be. I personally think the writer was just doing this for publicity, because he was on every sports talk show doing interviews about it. I understand the idea behind his point, but a no vote means "no, they shouldn't be in the HOF", not whether or not it's a unanimous vote.

7. SNAP

SNAP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    Art Monk, Fred Dean, Darrell Green, Andre Tippett, Gary Zimmerman, and Emmitt Thaomas are all in.