Crazy Idea?

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got to thinking. What if we pick up Maurice Clarett, make him our third string running back, and see what he does. If he does well if practice, keep him and trade Najeh to a team for D help or for a draft pick(2nd/3rd). I think it is worth a shot. How about it?

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Granted the Broncos are deep in RB's but apparently only Maurice and his agent think he's any good. This ain't college

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt if the Packers could get anything more than a 6-7th round pick in exchange for Davenport. He runs too upright, is always injured, has a tendency to fumble and has Rosenhaus as his agent.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
I got to thinking. What if we pick up Maurice Clarett, make him our third string running back, and see what he does. If he does well if practice, keep him and trade Najeh to a team for D help or for a draft pick(2nd/3rd). I think it is worth a shot. How about it?
You are crazy :crazy: But then so are a lot of my ideas. I would never want to replace or even try replacing Davenport or Fisher. They have done perfectly fine. Maybe some day have Maurice but not now. He is tottaly unproven.

OP
OP
F

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to see what you fellow fans thought. Now that I realized it, I was pretty stupid suggestion that! :comp:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:
I just wanted to see what you fellow fans thought. Now that I realized it, I was pretty stupid suggestion that! :comp:

Actually I rather enjoy seeing off the wall ideas. It keeps us all on our toes and thinking, "What IF..."?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favreforever721 said:

You're right ...

... it is a crazy idea.

Clarett could not make the first round of cuts in a running offense that makes unheard of running backs famous. He could not beat out Walt Williams who has no shot at making the squad without a trade.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walt Williams is 10x more intriguing/likely to help the Packers than Maurice. They've got 4 keepers at rb right now, no need for a disgruntled 5th to waste the time of others on the roster

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clarett turned out to be a moron with Shanahan, and Shanahan took a major gamble on him to draft him that high.

Loyalty like that can go somewhere else.

The guy had one good year at Ohio State and really hasn't played ball in nearly two years.

He needs to grow up...and unemployment has been known to change one's perspective.

I fully agree with Walt Williams. He will be cut again, but the Packers should keep him in town to come on board when Davenport gets hurt in the first few games.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could understand the Broncos taking a chance. But if he can't do anything with them and the type of running game they put together I can't see him making it anywhere else.

Members online

Latest posts