1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Crazy Idea?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Favreforever721, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I got to thinking. What if we pick up Maurice Clarett, make him our third string running back, and see what he does. If he does well if practice, keep him and trade Najeh to a team for D help or for a draft pick(2nd/3rd). I think it is worth a shot. How about it?

2. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Granted the Broncos are deep in RB's but apparently only Maurice and his agent think he's any good. This ain't college

3. Lare

Lare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt if the Packers could get anything more than a 6-7th round pick in exchange for Davenport. He runs too upright, is always injured, has a tendency to fumble and has Rosenhaus as his agent.

4. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    story is he couldn't cut it physically or mentally. We don't want him.

5. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That would probably amount to no more than extra press time for the Packers.

6. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    naw. i try to avoid canker sores when ever possible.

7. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You are crazy :crazy: But then so are a lot of my ideas. I would never want to replace or even try replacing Davenport or Fisher. They have done perfectly fine. Maybe some day have Maurice but not now. He is tottaly unproven.

8. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to see what you fellow fans thought. Now that I realized it, I was pretty stupid suggestion that! :comp:

9. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I rather enjoy seeing off the wall ideas. It keeps us all on our toes and thinking, "What IF..."?

10. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right ...

... it is a crazy idea.

Clarett could not make the first round of cuts in a running offense that makes unheard of running backs famous. He could not beat out Walt Williams who has no shot at making the squad without a trade.

11. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Walt Williams is 10x more intriguing/likely to help the Packers than Maurice. They've got 4 keepers at rb right now, no need for a disgruntled 5th to waste the time of others on the roster

12. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Clarett turned out to be a moron with Shanahan, and Shanahan took a major gamble on him to draft him that high.

Loyalty like that can go somewhere else.

The guy had one good year at Ohio State and really hasn't played ball in nearly two years.

He needs to grow up...and unemployment has been known to change one's perspective.

I fully agree with Walt Williams. He will be cut again, but the Packers should keep him in town to come on board when Davenport gets hurt in the first few games.

13. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  14. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I could understand the Broncos taking a chance. But if he can't do anything with them and the type of running game they put together I can't see him making it anywhere else.