1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Nall cut, should we get him?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by cheesey, Sep 2, 2007.

1. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I just saw where the Bills cut him. I always liked the guy.
    Do you think we should try to sign him?
    (I didn't see this anywhere on here, so if someone posted already I'm sorry!)

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I like Nall. Just not sure we need him. I hope he gets a chance to play somewhere though. He's a good guy.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i think we're going with 2 QBs

4. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope but some interesting high draft picks got cut this weekend. Quniton Moses could help out at LBer. Antonio Pittman might be an upgrade over Wynn. TE Garrett Mills

5. rabidgopher04

rabidgopher04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's a decent QB. They didn't really even give him a chance at Buffalo. He got about 0 playing time.

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484

He signed a big contract ( or at least for him it was big_ to come and take over the starting spot, and he never could

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats the way i saw it. And his time here, he was MUCH better then that guy Thompson that they just cut.

8. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys know WHY he got 0 playtime in Buffalo right?

I don't get your guys' stupid astonishment with this guy and Ingle Martin. They're both garbage.

9. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He would be a waste of a roster spot.

10. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nall did have some good moments for the Packers, but was inconsistent. I don't think Martin even had any good moments. Maybe a lot of fans wanted Rodgers to fail, so they tried to believe these unheralded QB's were better than him. I never bought it, either.

11. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At best Craig Nall is a backup, I saw him many times in last training camp he participated here in Green Bay Believe me there were reasons why the Packers let him go to Buffalo . And why he is not the starting QB for the Bills. Packer GM Ted Thompson (no GM is perfect) has make some mistakes in 2005. 2006 thus far in 2007., not stopping Craig Nall from going to Buffalo was not one of them. Ingal Martin is just starting his second year in NFL and Craig Nall has been around a lot longer. . A comparison to both of their careers at this point would be unfair to Martin

I've seen a lot of NFL Qbs in the many years, I have been watching Green Bay Packer & NFL football (over 60 years) I would never say never .but I would say chances are slim for either of them to make it as a starter in the NFL. Age is quickly becoming a issue for Craig Nall

12. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say there is absolutely no chance due to the fact that Nall was here under Sherman. He has no connection to MM.

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    If we can get ingle or paul on the practice squad, i think we avoid getting a 3rd string qb all together.

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah so unless Favre or Rodgers go down sometime in the next week, I wouldn't waste my time on Nall.

15. scotty

scotty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Uhh... can we talk about something else! :shock:

LOL.. j/k

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Done. Thompson is on PS and we have only 2 QBs, which methinks is a GOOD thing. With the Iron Man as our starting QB, we only need 2 QBs. Keep the spot open for something else, I say.

Besides, Holiday can be our emergency 3rd QB.

17. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the packers are down to their 3rd Quarterback, they're probably already out of the game anyways so I really have no problem with 2 QB's on the roster.

18. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see why everyone's down on Craig Nall. He was a decent backup in '04. He hasn't played in regular season besides with the Packers.

Fyi, here's his career stats:
    +---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | Passing | Rushing |
    +----------+-----+---------------------------------------+-----------------+
    | Year TM | G | Comp Att PCT YD Y/A TD INT | Att Yards TD |
    | 2004 gnb | 6 | 23 33 69.7 314 9.5 4 0 | 3 7 0 |
    | 2005 gnb | 1 | 0 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 | 0 0 0 |
    | 2006 buf | 2 | 0 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 | 0 0 0 |
    | TOTAL | 9 | 23 33 69.7 314 9.5 4 0 | 3 7 0 |

I still prefer to have 2 QBs, to free up space elsewhere. And Porky is right, if we're down to our 3rd QB, we already lost the game anyways. But we have a QB with a history of playing through anything, and a 2nd string QB with a chip on his shoulder (which is a GOOD thing) and something to prove.

I'm just saying I liked Nall when I saw him in '04.

19. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Nall when we had him but I don't think we need to pick him up now.
    Hopefully for him he will land somewhere with a chance to play.