Crabtree signs with the Bucs

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you aren't in practice every day you don't really know what a guy has to offer that has had little playing time behind someone else.

Reaction score
I'm cool with letting him go...5 tight ends is way too much.
Let Kuhn go too ... get a full on attacking run blocking mauler - massive fullback.
Taylor is basically a skinny Crabtree - DJ and Quarless are bodies, I'm sure Rodgers can make those guys the way he made Spencer Havner/Donald Lee/Tom Crabtree/etc. - yadda.

Plus, Tom was near 30 - why not clear some space and get young and a shot at a compensatory draft pick.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sing, dance, ha cha cha...if they indicated he'll have a more prominent role than with the Pack. Actually, I would have fixed that typo but I don't see a way to do that.

I fixed it for you, no worries. Not to elaborate on a play of words but I actually hope Crabtree does "sing" with the Bucs. I wish him nothing but the best. I'm not one to question T.T. but this is something I'm not so sure of. We have Finley but I always thought Crabtree made a solid backup.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I fixed it for you, no worries. Not to elaborate on a play of words but I actually hope Crabtree does "sing" with the Bucs. I wish him nothing but the best. I'm not one to question T.T. but this is something I'm not so sure of. We have Finley but I always thought Crabtree made a solid backup.

Thanks, Kitten.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Crabtree signed with Tampa for 2 years / $1.6 mil. That's $115,000 over the vet minimum.

Finley haters are going apoplectic.

Fear not, Taylor will likely prove to be his equal or better.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

I'm glad for the fact that I'll never again have to hear "the pass rush should improve once Zombo comes back".

He couldn't stay healthy. TT will find a vet minimum equivalent in wave 9 of FA.

The SB year "Combo" (Walden/Zombo) is now in the history books (tiny footnote, page 372).

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Crabtree a lot, but players like him are a dime a dozen. He's a solid player on special teams, but not to the point where you pay extra to keep him.

We're already TE heavy. I don't want to go into another year feeling obligated to keep 5 TE's again.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree Taylor can take over Crabtree’s role. Right now the Packers have five TEs on the roster: Jermichael Finley, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor, DJ Williams, and Brandon Bostick.

M

mayo44

I see everyone's point of view above here...... and it makes me wonder why we are paying so much $ to a crappy kicker... and although I love Koon, he's also overpaid.

Because he's not a "crappy" kicker. He's a good kicker that had a major slump for 2 months.

But losing Driver, Woodson, Jennings, Walden..... lotta team chemistry.

Walden does NOT belong in that sentence. He's a woman beater and good riddance.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he's not a "crappy" kicker. He's a good kicker that had a major slump for 2 months.

Crosby does not rank close to the top of kickers for his career. Still waiting for him to make a meaningful kick.

Totally agree with Walden comment. While Ted hasn't signed anyone during this free agency period getting rid of Walden, Jones, and Zombo is a huge plus.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He wasnt never convicted...So please do not imply other wise...Never know if his camp could get a bug up their *** about us saying that

M

mayo44

He wasnt never convicted...So please do not imply other wise...Never know if his camp could get a bug up their *** about us saying that

OJ wasn't convicted either.

Just because something happened behind closed doors that caused his girlfriend to change her story (probably involving $$$) doesn't mean I have to be naive about what likely happened.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OJ wasn't convicted either.

Just because something happened behind closed doors that caused his girlfriend to change her story (probably involving $$$) doesn't mean I have to be naive about what likely happened.

I didnt say be naive..

I just dont think posting it here is a good idea...Weather you imply it or literally state it

M

mayo44

Okay, how about if I say good riddance to Erik Walden because he had highly questionable character.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts