Crabtree a moron?

Twizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks this guy is an idiot? I understand he wants more money, who doesnt? He should still take it. I think re-entering the draft next year is going to mean he is going to get even less money then the 49ers have already offered him.

What GM in thier right mind is going to draft a guy in the top 10, maybe 20 for that matter, that wouldn't sign with another team cause he didn't get the money he wanted?My bet if he does enter next years draft, he won't be in the top 20, maybe not even in the first round.

I see this as a bad move more on his agent not advising him the right way.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Crabtree really is so good, he'll make plenty of money in the NFL for years to come. Maybe he didn't like the 49ers organization anyways and sees this as a second shot at the draft for a different team to draft him.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course he is a moron. His stock is not going to be the same next year and this is going to look EXTREMELY bad on his character.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am saying late second early third, but he is not going to get even close the $$$ he would of gotten this year. If he manager was coaching him into this decision, he should be fired as well.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is an idiot, and now we're hearing the Niners are pulling money off the table for each game missed. Smart move on their part.

The 49'ers own his rights up until draft day next year, so he won't be able to work out for anyone without their permission. This will hurt his draft stock, since scouts tend to quickly forget who you were when evaluating new, fresh talent.

Toss in his **** poor diva attitude and teams will likely steer clear of him. Personally, I'm enjoying watching the guy's career implode before it ever starts. It's nice to see someone who believes they're entitled get told they have to work for it.

JR_Hubbard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking as a 49er fan...he's a retard!
I hope they don't sign him and that he goes someplace else, but my feeling is that he's supposed to be such a talent that they will fin a way to sign him...and then we have TO all over again.

You guys remember TO on th Niners right?

;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking as a 49er fan...he's a retard!
I hope they don't sign him and that he goes someplace else, but my feeling is that he's supposed to be such a talent that they will fin a way to sign him...and then we have TO all over again.

You guys remember TO on th Niners right?

;)

dont EVER speak of that man in a Niner uni again

That game still STINGS

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Crabby is the King Lord ****** of all ****** bags.

If I was the Niners, I'd tell him take what we are offering or tomorrow the offer drops to the league minimum. Then watch him go in the 6th round next year. Nobody is going to waste a high pick on a diva who sat around for a year eating Mickey Ds, Toking, and watching football.

Dude is 1/2 way to bust already and hasn't played one down in the NFL. ******.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Moron. *********. Diva. Favre. Whatever.

I think Favre and Crabby should get married and start producing little douches.

$16M in guaranteed money and he still won't sign. If somebody offered me a job for $70,000 a year I would be ecstatic. Would be classic if they instituted a rookie salary cap next year to stop this BS. Would serve the doucher right.

Even if he does sign, his season is blown, and the vets who are making far less will NOT have his back and hate the diva.

Seriously, would you want Singletary as a coach after you held out? I wouldn't want to face that dude after that.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He must not want to play for the 49ers, it can't be about the money, if he misses a year of salary at the low ball bid of the 49ers (Ha,Ha) it would take him years to make up that loss even if he gets the money he wants in a new contract.

I suspect he wants to go to team that has a top 10 QB where he has a chance to really show whats he worth and then get the money on second contract.

I look at it this way, its kind of like going to the lions, if I was drafted I would want the money upfront, the possibility of becoming a top 5 player in that system is small.

49ers have QB issues and a defensive minded coach. I think Crabtree is thinking I better get this money up front because he does not see the 49ers going anywhere and bring him down, getting lost with no national stage.

In Crabtree's mind if he plays for the 49ers pay me big, or I would rather sign for another team that is going places for less money and shorter contract first. Crabtree proves himself with a team on the big stage and gets the money in the second contract and endorsements. Instead of getting losted on a depth chart of a team going nowhere.

I think this is more like Eli Manning not wanting to go to the Chargers, except Crabtree was not so upfront with his dislike of the 49ers organization.

As far as his career (more than making money) he is taking a big risk playing for 49ers as opposed to a contender with all the fame and prestige. He has probably talked to or watch OCHO C. of the Bengals, not wanting to get in his situation where he is stuck. You know Ocho's time clock is ticking and sees his team going nowhere. Once you sign as Warren Sapp said,"They own you".

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Dilligaff-

Or he's being greedy and has an over-inflated sense of worth. Sorry, but just because he feels hes worth top 5 money doesn't mean other teams felt he was worth top 5 money. He was picked 10th for a reason, and had the 49ers not taken him at 10th (He wasn't even their first choice), it's likely he would have fallen towards the bottom of the first round. Then what, would he be holding out for top 5 money as the 20th selection?

Besides, if he's that great a receiver, he should be able to make his team better. At the moment he's an unproven ****** bag.

I personally hope this guy holds out all season and then falls to the 4th round. Or that a rookie cap is in place, also costing him what he could have made. Playing football is a privilege, and he should be honored at being one of the chosen few who can earn millions to play a kids game.

As for comparing this to Eli Manning, I don't see the comparison. Eli was vocal about flat out not wanting to go to San Diego. It had nothing to do with money. He wanted to be on the East coast, simple as that. On the other hand, Crabgreed has been all about the money. If he wanted to go elsewhere he would have immediately asked them to trade him someplace else. To this date he hasn't asked for a trade. Instead he's chosen to hold out for a contract valued at much higher than his draft slot. It has nothing to do with not wanting to play with the 49ers and everything to do with money.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@SPARTACHRIS

If its all about the money then he will sign this year, if he misses a year salary it will take him years to make that up or even to break even.

We don't know whats being discussed between Crabtree and 49ers, Crabtree is not talking to the press. For all we know he has asked to be traded. The general press with little information is making him out to be the only NFL player who is upset about going to a certain team and at what money.

Eli had a dad and bother giving him advice, especially what his dad went through with the saints. Its like a card game, Eli showed his hand early. Crabtree is allowing things to be played out, plus Eli was a #1 pick and he knew the Chargers had the pick and had months to consider if he wanted to play for them. Crabtree never thought he would drop to the 49ers. Eli was able to play his hand early where as Crabtree is still playing cards.

I am only going by what is happening, Crabtree will only play for the 49ers if they pay him big money up front, otherwise he is willng to go back to the draft where he has a little influence on where he goes if he chooses to pull an Eli this time.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@SPARTACHRIS

If its all about the money then he will sign this year, if he misses a year salary it will take him years to make that up or even to break even.

You're assuming he's a smart guy who realizes the value of money. I'd argue he isn't. Plus, his agent has already gone on record as saying Crabtree expects to get paid top 5 money. His stance is he should have been picked in the top 5 so he expects to be paid like he was. Even though he wasn't.

We don't know whats being discussed between Crabtree and 49ers, Crabtree is not talking to the press. For all we know he has asked to be traded. The general press with little information is making him out to be the only NFL player who is upset about going to a certain team and at what money.

I agree we don't know what is being discussed behind the scenes. However, when guys ask to be traded, the word usually gets out one way or another. Looking at it from a strategic standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense for the Crabtree camp to say something about wanting to be traded as opposed to staying silent? A subtle word to the media could have potential teams contacting the 49ers to gauge their interest.

To date, the 49'ers organization has stated they haven't had any requests for a trade from either interested parties or Crabtree. And so far, neither Crabtree nor his agent have hinted at a desire to be traded. This again tells me it's not so much his lack of interest in playing for the 49ers as it is the money.

Eli had a dad and bother giving him advice, especially what his dad went through with the saints. Its like a card game, Eli showed his hand early. Crabtree is allowing things to be played out, plus Eli was a #1 pick and he knew the Chargers had the pick and had months to consider if he wanted to play for them. Crabtree never thought he would drop to the 49ers. Eli was able to play his hand early where as Crabtree is still playing cards.

Meh, I think you're reaching. For starters, if Crabtree didn't think he would fall that far, he should be grateful for being picked where he was. Next, if the issue is which team he wanted to play for, why would he want to be picked in the top 10 in the first place? Most teams picking in the top 10 are there for a reason, and oddly enough, also have a history of always finding themselves in the top 10. I mean, really, why would he want to go to a team like the Lions, Rams, Raiders, or Bengals? Because the money is better!

If it were simply about not wanting to play for the 49ers, he could have said something early on, so I don't buy this whole "letting it play out" theory. It's a crap argument.

I am only going by what is happening, Crabtree will only play for the 49ers if they pay him big money up front, otherwise he is willng to go back to the draft where he has a little influence on where he goes if he chooses to pull an Eli this time.

Well, they offered him a fair contract for where he was picked. It's 20% more than what the guy picked 10th got last year, so it's not like he's getting screwed. Just because he feels like he should get top 5 money doesn't mean he should.

If he does re-enter the draft, one of two things will happen- One will be he gets picked by someone who's committed tampering and gives him his contract. Truth is, I feel this has already happened. I think another team told him to sit it out and they'll pick him next season and pay him what he wants. Deion Sanders alluded to two teams talking to him already, which is a violation of the NFL's tampering rules, so I think this needs to be looked into.

But I digress. The other thing that could happen (And I hope happens) is he'll fall out of the first round, to maybe the late second or third. Since the 49ers own his rights, he can't work out for anyone without their permission. He can't attend the combine and he can't negotiate with anyone unless the 49ers give their permission or draft day comes, whichever happens first. So given his lack of workouts and his **** poor attitude, taking him would be risky by any team.

And if he does fall to late first or worst, what will he do then? Hold out again for top 10 money?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not at all sure how his holding out in his own mind could help him out. Does he really think that he will still maintain 1st round status? So he enters next years draft. After this, he drops until the 3rd round, maybe Al Davis will take him in the second just to make headlines. In the process he loses what? $15 million in guaranteed money by holding out? Idk if he is a ******, I think he may just be plain stupid. Maybe next year he'll hold out also, and again and again until he can't even be drafted or make a roster, haha.

Staff online

Latest posts