Cowher holds press conference...Ben is out.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooooh, crap -- we'll see a totally different game, now.....

BUT - we'll just see whether they change their mind, at the last minute, or not.....
Could be a ruse.....

Just the same, I'd rather it had been Maddox - Collins would have been assured of at least two INT's.....

OP
OP
B

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUT - we'll just see whether they change their mind, at the last minute, or not.....
Could be a ruse.....

This is no joke...He is having surgery and will be out at LEAST two weeks, but I am thinking 3-4. Here is the article.

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will have arthroscopic surgery to repair damaged cartilage in his right knee and will miss Sunday's game in Green Bay and possibly the Nov. 13 home game against the Cleveland Browns.

However, Roethlisberger should be ready to return when the Steelers play in Baltimore Nov. 20, if not sooner. Charlie Batch, who has been elevated to the No. 2 position, will be the starting quarterback.

The Steelers have called a news conference for this morning to discuss the injury.

Roethlisberger was injured on the first series of Monday night's 20-19 victory against the Baltimore Ravens but remained in the game. He was diagnosed with a posterior capsule strain, which includes damage to ligaments.

OP
OP
B

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Real question - no offense here --- is "when" will he have surgery.... :?:
ok..I got more on this deal. He had the surgery this morning. It was a 15 min procedure and he is already at home resting. He had a lateral miniscus tear (relatively small)... removed bad (torn) miniscus. Scope successful in cleaning everything up.

More news...Bettis downgraded to doubtful so Duce will be playing.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SOURCE

Coach Cowher: Ben Had Knee Surgery

Nov 3, 2005 10:14 am US/Eastern
Pittsburgh (KDKA) During an unscheduled press conference this morning, Steelers Coach Bill Cowher announced that Ben Roethlisberger underwent arthroscopic surgery this morning on his knee.

Cowher says the procedure to repair a lateral meniscus tear only took about 15 minutes and "went very well."

While Roethlisberger will be out of the lineup this Sunday in Green Bay, but Cowher says it is "very conceivable" that he'll be able to play to play in Baltimore on November 20th.

OP
OP
B

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Didn't Batch used to play in Detroit?
Yes he did and he hasnt started a game in 1,067 days. We're all pretty pumped as you can imagine. :roll:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, guys ----- I wish for a speedy recovery...
Sure wish I'd have been able to see Big Ben against Brett Favre, tho'....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really makes Brett's consecutive starts streak that much more impressive. Look around the league and see how many QBs cannot even get through a season, let alone 200 plus games.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sorry about Big Ben, I really hopoe the best for him... Quick recovery and back to play..

On the other side if we dont win this one........... I mean WE MUST WIN THIS ONE, maybe this was the little chance in luck that we were looking for !!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
I am sorry about Big Ben, I really hopoe the best for him... Quick recovery and back to play..

On the other side if we dont win this one........... I mean WE MUST WIN THIS ONE, maybe this was the little chance in luck that we were looking for !!!
Chamuko we will win this one but darn it you busted my streak.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to stop the run and be able to run ourselves for this win. Their OL is still in tack and Big Ben was more or less the caregiver. Given up until last week, Ben threw maybe 20 times a game. Batch can hand it off as good as anyone. Ball control and clock management is the Steelers way. We need to hold on to the ball, run effectively and score. If we can control the clock and get them behind, then the talents of Batch shall fall in to our hands, lierally.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Really makes Brett's consecutive starts streak that much more impressive. Look around the league and see how many QBs cannot even get through a season, let alone 200 plus games.

Good point. Some guys like Tim Couch couldn't even make it through a training camp. :x

It's too bad Ben is injured, but at least it's not a season ending blow like Griese, Culpepper, Grosman, Pennington, etc...

I wish Maddox would be playing though instead of Batch. Maddox looked dreadful the other week.

Members online

Latest posts