Cowboys underestimated Rodgers

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well then they deserved to lose. They faced Rodgers two years ago when he was MVP of the league in the playoffs and he did the exact same thing to them. You can't give him an opportunity to win the game. They did and it cost them and they wasted a precious opportunity.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a terrible thing to admit lol, he basically admitted they're out of touch with the football universe. I guess I take that as a compliment for Rodgers? But they've got a decade of film on the guy, how can you underestimate him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you underestimate what a guy like Stafford can do to you, a guy that "can" show up huge, but usually doesn't. you don't underestimate what Rodgers can do. They just don't want to admit they got their ***** handed to them by him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This may also have been a convoluted way of saying they bought into all the hype about themselves and thought the Packers would be a pushover. I'm hoping the same attitude doesn't happen to Aaron Rodgers this weekend after all the superman talk.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Jerry Jones bought into the hype. I have no doubt that Jerry Jones underestimated Rodgers. I do openly wonder if Jason Garrett, Rod Marinelli, and the rest of the Cowboys who were actually a part of the game....underestimated Rodgers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To underestimate a player of Rodger's caliber- and as hot as he's been- would be imbecilic.

THill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever our idiot GM says, just throw it in the trash. All of us here in DFW laugh at his antics. The team (coaches and players) just disregard everything he says. This story is not how the team felt. If Stephen Jones or any of the coaches had said this then I would be concerned.

Yesterday Jones said on a radio station here that Romo can make any throw Rodgers can make, even the last one (which was a throw only one QB in history could ever make). The whole metro area was laughing their a#$s off the rest of the evening.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever our idiot GM says, just throw it in the trash. All of us here in DFW laugh at his antics. The team (coaches and players) just disregard everything he says. This story is not how the team felt. If Stephen Jones or any of the coaches had said this then I would be concerned.

Yesterday Jones said on a radio station here that Romo can make any throw Rodgers can make, even the last one (which was a throw only one QB in history could ever make). The whole metro area was laughing their a#$s off the rest of the evening.
Thats Jones trying to bolster Romo's value. He is a smart business man.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
How would they underestimated him? They played him earlier in the Season albeit not as good but still. Also he torched you 2 years ago.

Sky King

Reaction score
...Yesterday Jones said on a radio station here that Romo can make any throw Rodgers can make, even the last one...
Well, there goes any credibility Jones may have regarding this subject.
Thats Jones trying to bolster Romo's value. He is a smart business man.
Buy that wise man ************* a drink!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I appreciate your respect for Rodgers. We think quite highly of him as well. That being said, I disagree with your statement in parenthesis. John Elway made throws like that as well in his prime.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, don't buy it. Probably some airheads taking because they need get paid. I don't think there is any coach or manager currently that's stupid enough to underestimate Rodgers.

What many still underestimate is our offence. Most think Rodgers will be hobbled by lack of running game, injuries to WRs and think they can outscore him against our injury ravaged defense. I'd say get another thinking hat.

Members online

Latest posts