Cowboys sign Olshansky

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. I was with TT all the way. Those average free agents were just too expensive, asking for money that they didn't deserve. But this is just outrageous! 4 year, $18M, $8M guaranteed IS A VERY GOOD DEAL! IT'S BY NO MEANS OVERPAY!! Now I fear for our d-line this year...
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/06/cowboys ... olshansky/
CMON, TT!!! ANTHONY SMITH IS AN OK SIGN, BUT CMON!! WAKE UP!

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really hoping for the packers to sign him...Ted Thompson said he isn’t sure any of the free agents available are better than Alfred Malone who was on the active roster the last month of last season. Some think Thompson isn't desperate to overspend on one of the many defensive ends available in free agency . He may think he has a better prospect on his own roster.

I would tend to disagree with the above statement and would have prefered Olshansky, which was a very resonible price to pay for him. I would have to say TT is really sticking his neck on the line this offseason so far and if the DL is not upgraded somehow and struggles mightly this season TT wont have to worry about signing any FA again as he will not be working for the packers. I hope TT has a better plan and it works and the packers end up in the playoffs but as for right know I have my doubts.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Wow. That's like dirt cheap. Like, Jerry Jones went shopping at "Crazy Igor's Used Lineman and Automobile Depot" cheap.

I had a few doubts about him before, but for that price i'd have loved to have him.

I bet he really wants to win and feels he can do that with the 'Boys. If that's the case, I can't say I blame him, they're going to be better this year.

GJ85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That makes sense for them to replace Canty, I just wish we knew the pack were trying to get guys I mean really 1 FA

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to know why SD let this guy just walk. He seems like a decent athlete and is still young. I've heard rumblings that he wasn't the most motivated player in the league. Before this year's FA I never heard of this guy OR Canty...

Members online

Latest posts