1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Cowboys' Newman = classless

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by IronMan, Dec 5, 2007.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    And also an idiot for going public with these kind of comments.

2. Packerfan4Life

Packerfan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Newman, he's a very good corner and one of the best defenders on the Cowboys D. But yeah, that is pretty classless, even with what Kitna said last year about Newman. Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking, and if he gets a helmet to helmet hit or late hit on Kitna, I think he should be suspended. Harsher penalties for something pre-meditated, just like in real life.

3. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Kitna took too many hits to his melon...

He's loopy (and not very smart..).

4. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But...They did beat the cows last year. I like Kitna. I hope one of the Lions lays Newman out. If he does go after Kitna the officials will be waiting for it. Hopefully the fine will be much larger.

5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree also. I hope his o-linemen make it a priority to take care of this bum. To admit your goal is to hurt someone, JUST because his team beat yours the last time is as classless as you can get.
    I'm kind of glad he admitted it though, as it will give some advance notice of what he's planning.
    This may end up with a retaliation by the Lions D line on ol' Romo.

7. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wouldn't you love to see Rogers clean up on Romo? Strip the ball from him
    and run in for his second TD of the season would be sweet. Just deraming. :)

8. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that if he does pull some crap hit, the fine should be 10x the amount, if not suspension...

What would you guys say if Newmans whole intent is to just get into Kitnas head? Is that in fair play? If he actually has no intent to follow through, and is just giving Kitna something else to think about, is that ok?

I would say that from a pure football standpoint, it might be a good tactic...but from an NFL standpoint, I dont think that this should be allowed. I might even fine him for just bringing it up.

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    ahh, let him talk, carry through with it, then suspend him for the remainder of the season to set an example. Then we will see how good Dallas is without THEIR top corner.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    To me, you can try to get into the other player's head, without threatening bodily harm.
    You could say all kinds of things, how your going be all over the field making plays, that you might be blitzing to sack him a dozen times, whatever. But when you admit your intent is to HURT him, your now talking about premeditated assault. If he DOES hurt him, i think he should not only be fined and suspended, but arrested.
    JMO

11. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Newman is getting a letter today with NFL stamped on the top... probably not a pleasant one either. :twocents:

12. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NFL tells Newman it will be watching after his warning to Kitna

...."Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend's Cowboys-Lions game," read part of the letter signed by Ray Anderson, NFL executive vice president for football operations. "As you know, flagrant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.".......

Link

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If he even BREATHES on Kitna, he's toast!
    The NFL letter, condensed:
    If you hurt him, we will hurt you even worse. :wink: