Cowboys: Love them this week, Hate them next week

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really interesting scenerio here...we must be big Dallas fans tonight (PUKE). Hopefully they put up a big W tonight then remember they are the Cowboys and go back to sucking next week.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Agree. Will be a tough game for them in the cold and wind of chicago. Then we have to turn around and contend with them in their cozy home dome....which they have played well at home this season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really interesting scenerio here...we must be big Dallas fans tonight (PUKE). Hopefully they put up a big W tonight then remember they are the Cowboys and go back to sucking next week.

i live in Cowboy country. I'll put it this way, i won't root for them tonight but i will be rooting agianst the Bears if that makes sense?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i live in Cowboy country. I'll put it this way, i won't root for them tonight but i will be rooting agianst the Bears if that makes sense?
Sorta.
That's like betting on the Bears to win but still hoping that they lose.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Dallas, and have had a suite arranged for this game since before the season started.
I originally was, obviously, expecting us to be battling for a #1 or #2 seed, and was hoping Dallas would have been out of the race for any playoff position, so that their fans would sell away their tickets to more cheeseheads.
I wanted 20, 30, 40K Packer fans in there as a battle of the 2 America's Teams.

At least now, after yesterday, this game does mean a lot to us.

I lead in my fantasy game by 5, with the opponent having Brandon Marshall. You never root for injuries, but him pulling a hammy early, or getting a concussion early, would not bother me at all.
Afterall, I lost my game 5 weeks ago because of the injury to Rodgers that Monday night, which killed him and my Jordy, and the other guy had Forte who went off. So I am owed one.

Enough of that, back to the Cowboys.

Look, we need to beat the Bears in week 17. If we do, and we beat Dallas and Pittsburgh, it doesn't matter if the Bears win or lose tonight. If we win 3, the Bears are done.
We still need the Lions to lose 1 more though.

Now if we go 2-1, then we need to Bears to lose 2 of 4 left, and we need the Lions to lose 2 of 3 left.

Lions have:
Vs Baltimore
Vs Giants
At Minny

They could win all 3 of those. They are good dome team, and all 3 are in domes. How nice.
The Giants have quit.
The Vikings lost Peterson now.
The Ravens should have lost yesterday, at home, vs the Vikings and Toby Gerhart.
And the Lions haven't lost their starting QB or any of their key studs on defense. How nice.
The Ravens are the best chance for the Lions to lose, IMO.
But they look so horrible at times, and they miss Ray Lewis' leadership.
They can't block to run the ball.
And Flacco has been a criminal getting all that money, and playing like Blaine Gabbert.
Maybe Minny will help us off in the final game, like the USA helped our rivals Mexico get into the World Cup by us winning a meaningless -to us- final qualifier game.

The Bears have:
Vs Dallas
At Cleveland
At Philadelphia
Vs Packers

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score

I can never bring myself to root for any other particular team to win, even when we need them to win... so this is how i handle these situations....

"Here's hoping the Bears lose tonight!":tup::roflmao:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I originally was, obviously, expecting us to be battling for a #1 or #2 seed, and was hoping Dallas would have been out of the race for any playoff position, so that their fans would sell away their tickets to more cheeseheads.
I wanted 20, 30, 40K Packer fans in there as a battle of the 2 America's Teams.
Any given season.

I hope that Packers fans learn from this and will never ever again write or say the words: We have an easy schedule.

I also don't care to see anybody else write: Rodgers shouldn't play even if he is cleared.
We need him now more than ever.

Now if we go 2-1, then we need to Bears to lose 2 of 4 left, and we need the Lions to lose 2 of 3 left.

So we could still win the division based on your scenario? Why don't we hear of that one more often? Why this calling of only for the Pack to win 4 and Lions to lose 2?

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look, we need to beat the Bears in week 17. If we do, and we beat Dallas and Pittsburgh, it doesn't matter if the Bears win or lose tonight. If we win 3, the Bears are done.
We still need the Lions to lose 1 more though.

Yep it's pretty simple. At least with our tie we don't have any bizarre tie-breaking scenarios to worry about. Its simply best record gets in, unless the Bears or Lions end up with a tie somehow.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we could still win the division based on your scenario? Why don't we hear of that one more often? Why this calling of only for the Pack to win 4 and Lions to lose 2?
Well we could win the division at 8-7-1 if the Lions and Bears finish 8-8 or worse.
That happens if the Lions lose 2 of 3, and the Bears lose 2 of 4.
And we lose 1 of 3.

Anything's possible.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can't believe i am rooting for the cowboys ........ I feel dirty

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can't believe i am rooting for the cowboys ........ I feel dirty
Would rooting for the bears make you feel better? As Frank said, this game is highly unlikely to have any bearing on our playoff chances anyway.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys are bleeping us
Cowboys defense is abysmal. If we don't beat them next week regardless of who our qb is, we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Lacy should light them up for 200 yards.

Latest posts