Cousins, rodgers....

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I see the Vikings have won the offseason again, and are the paper champions once again. Haven't seen that for awhile.
They look to be formidable opponents this year though, for sure.
The sports commentators are saying it's Minnesota's division for the next several years. Well, we'll see.

The Vikings didn't have to do much in the offseason, since their house was already in pretty good order. Signing Cousins was the biggest key to making them better. His contract though will make 2019 and beyond a little tougher on the Viking to retain some of their top players. Hate to say it, but if I was a betting man, I would put even money on the Vikings or Eagles to win the NFC and a good shot at winning the Super Bowl. We can only hope that the Vikings continue to be the snake bit team that just can't put it all together for a whole season, but they have the players in place to do it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I see the Vikings have won the offseason again, and are the paper champions once again. Haven't seen that for awhile.
They look to be formidable opponents this year though, for sure.
The sports commentators are saying it's Minnesota's division for the next several years. Well, we'll see.

I expect it to be a close race between the Packers and Vikings for the division crown in 2018.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why when say Mathew Stafford's deal comes up a couple years ago. Why are the lions seemingly obligated to make him the highest paid qb in the league? When he hasn't won....anything. ?

Because someone else will pay Stafford the money. If someone is giving kirk $86 mill guaranteed you bet someone's giving Matt a better deal. Like it or not he's a good QB in a league full of decent/mediocre. Off the top of my head, Titans, Texans, Browns, Broncos(?) , Dolphins, Bills, Eagles, Bucs, Bears would all haven given Stafford a killer salary at the time of his deal with lions to get the guy who was going to be a franchise QB for the next 8~ years. Again, I can't remember the exact year it happened so a few of those teams may have not been interested.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Given that the QB is considered THE most important position in the NFL and there are only a limited number of them that are considered to be top notch or have the potential to be top notch, most teams want one of those guys and are willing to be the highest bidder to get/retain that guy.

How may "top" QB's have we seen finally fall out of grace and still get paid pretty big dollars from the next "QB wannabe team", just for the hope of finally having THAT guy.

Members online

Latest posts