Couple little Packer Notes...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Some interesting little thoughts hey..

http://www.packerupdate.com/packer_update/2008/03/shhhheres-wha-2.html

Green Bay is among the many teams interested in Stanford Routt - one of two young cornerbacks the Raiders are currently shopping. The asking price for the former University of Houston standout is a third-round pick in next month's draft

6'1" 195 Lbs. U of Texas.. and apparently speed to burn.

Raider Page Bio...

Raider Bio said:
PRO: Talented, young defensive back with world-class speed...Has played in 47 league games in three NFL seasons.

2007: 9/9 vs. DET: Saw time at CB…Made a crucial interception and returned it 31 yards to set up the Raiders’ 4-play, 27-yard touchdown drive...Had 1 solo tackle. 9/16 @ DEN: Saw time at CB…Recorded 2 solo tackles. 9/23 vs. CLE: Saw time at CB…Recorded 1 solo tackle and had 1 pass defended. 9/30 @ MIA: Started at CB…Intercepted QB Trent Green’s pass at the Raiders 2-yard line to end a Miami scoring bid…Recorded 3 solo tackles. 10/14 @ SD: Started at CB…Made 1 solo tackle. 10/21 vs. KC: Started at CB…Intercepted a pass in Raiders territory to halt the Chiefs’ drive…Recorded 1 solo tackle. 10/28 @ TEN: Started at CB…Recorded 1 solo tackle and assisted on another. 11/4 vs. HOU: Started at CB…Had 1 solo tackle and assisted on another. 11/11 vs. CHI: Started at CB…Recorded 3 solo tackles. 11/18 @ MIN: Started at CB…Had 7 solo tackles. 11/25 @ KC: Started at CB…Recorded 2 solo tackles and assisted on another. 12/2 vs. DEN: Started at CB…Recorded 2 solo tackles and assisted on another…Had 2 passes defended. 12/9 @ GB: Started at CB…Had 2 solo tackles and assisted on another. 12/16 vs. IND: Started at CB…Recorded 1 solo tackle and assisted on 2 others. 12/23 @ JAC: Started at CB…Had 4 solo tackles. 12/30 vs. SD: Started at CB…Recorded 3 solo tackles and 1 pass defended.

PERSONAL: Attended Connally High School in Pflugerville, Texas...Unanimous All-District selection and earned All-American honors in track...Ran the ninth-fastest time in the 200 meters nationally as a junior...State qualifier in both the 200 meters and 4x400-meter relay team...Born on July 26, 1983 in Austin, Texas.

Wiki says said:
Stanford Routt attended Connally High School in Austin, Texas, and was a two-sport standout in both football and track. In football, In track, he was a Unanimous All-District and an All-America selection, and was also a state qualifier in both the 200 meter dash and the 4 x 400 metres relay team. As a junior, he ran the ninth-fastest 200-meter dash in the nation. He ran the fastest 40 yard dash time at the Texas A&M summer football camp in 2000 by clocking a 4.23

Good news on the Oline.. Maybe..

It didn’t take Allen Barbre long to impress the coaches. The second-year offensive lineman reported to the start of offseason workouts noticeably bigger and stronger than he was at the conclusion of last season. If he plays as good as he looks, incumbent left guard Daryn Colledge could be in trouble.....

Did he really want to play here with all the "tradition" as he claimed?

Brandon Chillar may be a Packer, but getting him to sign on the dotted line wasn’t easy. The veteran linebacker kept GM Ted Thompson waiting for almost two weeks while his agent desperately tried to squeeze more cash out of St. Louis and Arizona.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. That CB is FAST! Don't know anything about him, but if we decide to trade for him, i feel good about the choice that our Executive of the Year makes.
2. That is awesome news about Barbre. I think he's gonna be a stud. I still don't know why Colledge is playing guard. that boy is Tackle if i've ever seen one. I hope Barbre works out. I am really high on that dude.
3. Chillar. the open market in free agency is a crazy thing. don't blame him. happy to have him. DEATH SQUAD!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay is among the many teams interested in Stanford Routt - one of two young cornerbacks the Raiders are currently shopping. The asking price for the former University of Houston standout is a third-round pick in next month's draft

Who's the other corner. If it's Fabian Washington, I would be more interested in him.

Routt seems like a solid prospect, but I doubt TT would trade a third round draft pick for someone we've never heard of whe he could jsut draft somone we have never heard of like Aaron Rouse, Jason Spitz, and James Jones.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Routt seems like a solid prospect, but I doubt TT would trade a third round draft pick for someone we've never heard of whe he could jsut draft somone we have never heard of like Aaron Rouse, Jason Spitz, and James Jones.

You mean like a trade for a more household name like 'Ryan Grant' :lol:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all fairness, and in defense of millertime's argument, the Grant trade didn't involve a second or third round pick. We got the sweet end of that deal only giving up a sixth rounder

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
In all fairness, and in defense of millertime's argument, the Grant trade didn't involve a second or third round pick. We got the sweet end of that deal only giving up a sixth rounder

Completely agree.. but TT doesn't seem to care about the name as much as the talent.. I joke.. I joke.. I expect to be caught completely off guard next month during the draft and the picks come from no where..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched that video again. too funny!
I wonder if that guy still thinks Ted Thompson, Sporting News Executive of the Year, is a "gray-haired ****-*** Jew"

Simply.... wow.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The second-year offensive lineman reported to the start of offseason workouts noticeably bigger and stronger than he was at the conclusion of last season.

Oh god HES ON THE JUICE

Wiki says wrote:
Stanford Routt attended Connally High School in Austin, Texas, and was a two-sport standout in both football and track. In football, In track, he was a Unanimous All-District and an All-America selection, and was also a state qualifier in both the 200 meter dash and the 4 x 400 metres relay team. As a junior, he ran the ninth-fastest 200-meter dash in the nation. He ran the fastest 40 yard dash time at the Texas A&M summer football camp in 2000 by clocking a 4.23

He ran a 4.23.... 8 years ago! Wonder where he is at now, you guys want him or a 3rd? It's not a terrible price since we have 2 second rounders

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must say that I get excited that we're still looking for CBs, although a 3rd seems a bit high for a poor team's backup. We've drafted CBs with great speed (IIRC) that couldn't make the grade. TT will know the guy's real potential, that's for sure. I don't worry about that.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys remember the Packers/Raiders game this season where Jennings owned that CB on the underthrown deep pass, and then proceeded to dance into the endzone? That was against Routt.

Just sayin'...

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys remember the Packers/Raiders game this season where Jennings owned that CB on the underthrown deep pass, and then proceeded to dance into the endzone? That was against Routt.

Just sayin'...

That's like blaming a tree for getting burned by a forest fire.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
evad04 said:

Just sayin'...

That's like blaming a tree for getting burned by a forest fire.
"Remember........only YOU can prevent Greg Jennings"-Smokey the Bear

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass, with the draft coming up and being deep at corner already, lets draft and develop our own talent please.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders just draft based on numbers. Both Stanford Routt and Fabian Washington had the fastest 40 times in their class.

Then again, they could be good project players.

Members online

Latest posts