1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Could This Be The Last Time???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Dec 19, 2006.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Could this be the last time we ever get to see Favre play in Lambeau field?? It really hasnt struck me yet that this may very well be the last time. Lots of people are starting to take a great QB like Favre for granted myself included. Yes he may have made some bonehead plays at times but thats part of what made him great, he made plays others couldnt and some never will.

So I dedicate my 1000th post to one of the greatest QBs that this world has ever seen to the one and only Brett Favre.

[​IMG]

Lets hope this Isn't the last time.

2. go_pack_go

go_pack_go Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think this will be the last time.

3. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think you could have dedicated your 1000th post to anything better but I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that many of us have taken Brett for granted.

I hope others are right when guessing Brett will come back next year but I think that in our need for "instant gratification" these days, we may end up pushing him out in hopes for something better that is probably not there.

"The grass is always greener on the other side, usually UNTIL YOU GET THERE"

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You are sneaky, but I know what you did!! :p

I've told you people, HE IS PLAYING NEXT YEAR! :)

5. go_pack_go

go_pack_go Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I don't think that anybody should be delusional enough to think the grass is greener with Aaron "I Suck" Rodgers. He is not the answer, or the future of this franchise. If he is, God help us.

6. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever see Campbell, Dilweg, or Whitehurst QB the Packers. Talk about pain!

7. cheesyscot

cheesyscot Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    here's the thing with Brett, I think he'll be back for one more season because the team seems to be close to getting back to the playoffs and with a few key additions he could be given his chance to leave on top.. Plus ALL of the records he'll break will happen next year and I don't ccare what he says or anyone else they matter.

8. smlutz

smlutz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't usually get pissed off at the idiocy I see on this forum, and usually just take most of it as nothing and shrug my shoulders, however, this statement may be the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

If your going to judge a quarterback by what he has done in college, then I am VERY confident in Rodgers. Lets take a look at some of his numbers at Cal.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    209 316 2566 66.1 8.12 80 24 8 25 154.35

A 154.35 rating, 2566 yards, and 24 touchdown passes are very good college stats. I realize he may not have looked good last preseason, and their is the Tedford factor, but I think you need to think before your going to open up your mouth and judge a person who has very little NFL experience.

Lets not crown him the next great one, but certainly don't say he sucks before playing a full game.

Open mouth, insert foot.

9. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Alex Smith is kind of sucking, isn't he? And Rodgers was taken 23 players after him?

I'm scared.

10. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

If you wanna crown him, then CROWN HIS ***!!!!!

Sorry, I had to do it.. :rotflmao: :shrug:

11. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Smith is getting better, his development is 2 years ahead of ARod's at this time

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

That's getting better? Yikes!!

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dakota - did you have to bring up those names? All those years in therapy trying to forget them, and you just had to bring them up. :wink:

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO I know we have to give Rodgers some playing time before we can judge him as a QB, he maybe great or he may suck who knows until he plays a season..I think his first season will be a tough one though, but then again he has had the ability to watch Favre now the last two years and learn from him so who knows..I just hope Favre comes back for at least one more season...

15. scotty

scotty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Those of you who say "Rodgers sucks," well, if that's true - and I'm not saying it is or it isn't - you need to be hollering louder than anyone that we need a new QB, immediately. Why am I guessing you are the same folks saying "we need new tight ends" or "we need more talented people around Favre." Yes, we need those things, but we also need a future for this franchise.

Tony Romo did not happen by accident for the Cowboys. He put in several years behind Bledsoe, took few snaps but was learning all the time and impressing the Dallas coaches. Though they still didn't know what he could do at gametime, sooner or later they knew they would have to find out. It turns out they brought him along solidly and the kid's got some talent.

Is Aaron Rodgers the next Romo? I have no idea. I've honestly never really seen him play, except a few garbage series. I'm content to have him on the sidelines while Brett goes another season. I'd love to watch Brett one more year. I might even try to get up to Lambeau one time next year to enjoy it!

But if everyone is sitting around saying "Rodgers sucks! Rodgers sucks!", then what does that say about the Packers, and the future of this organization? Again, forget looking for a new RB, or that playmaking WR - our first priority should be a QB who will be a franchise player.

Or maybe people are just saying "AR sucks!" because any AR playing time means less time for Brett.

Rant over.

16. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Boy I hope it isnt his last home game. It will be a sad day when #4 retires.